TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

I'm trying to find the news clip but I just heard on the local news that some teens decided to pull a prank on the HC by pulling a table cloth from one of the props, falling onto the tracks and causing 2 of the vehicles to collide. It is said that about $5000 in damage was done, I'm assuming to the ride vehicles. Teens are charged with vandalism (and sheer stupidity).

^Thanks guys for posting that: Here is the article from the Sentinel.

New $9M Haunted Castle ride vandalized at the Boardwalk; Stockton teen arrested

SANTA CRUZ - An unruly Stockton teenager allegedly vandalized the Haunted Castle, a ride that debuted at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in June, causing the new attraction to briefly close for repairs, officials said.

Police said the 16-year-old boy was on the Haunted Castle ride Saturday night when he allegedly tugged on a prop - a cloth-covered table - dragging it into the tracks. The car behind the teen's struck the table, then was rear-ended by a third car.

No one was injured, but the collisions bent the tracks the cars travel on and severed electrical cables, according to Santa Cruz Deputy Police Chief Rick Martinez.

With help from Boardwalk security officers and surveillance camera footage, police identified the Stockton teen as the possible culprit and arrested him. He was booked into Juvenile Hall on suspicion of vandalism causing more than $5,000 damage, according to police.

"It just trashed the ride," Martinez said. "It pulls their new ride out of commission in the middle of summer."

Martinez estimated the ride could be out-of-commission for about two weeks, but it actually reopened Sunday afternoon, according to Boardwalk spokesman Kris Reyes.

The Haunted Castle revamp, which began last fall, cost the Boardwalk $9 million. Single-ride tickets for the new Haunted Castle are $5 and about 5,000 people had been experiencing the ride daily until it was damaged Saturday.

Source: http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_15579673?source=most_viewed

This really angers me!

~Nicholas

I....... am pissed off........ to the highest level of pisstivity.......

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

*please wait while wumwip dispenses an arsenal of four-letter words... thank you*

-

-

--

-

-

-

-

.................... I have never used the words dang, darn, hate, suck, heck, dumb, and crap so many times in my life before in a run-on sentence..............................

All I can say to that IDIOT is:

KARMA! Watch... At whatever point in his pathetic life that HE creates something that he spends a lot of time an money on, he should not be surprised when it's DESTROYED. He'll get his... that delinquent dunce... that twit-tard!!!! THAT STUPID FREAKIN'

*it would seem that wumwip is not finished using four-letter words... please wait*

He had to be brainless. He actually thought that a NEW dark ride with NEW technology wouldn't have CAMERAS inside? DUUUUHHH! I think he was trying to impress his friends, which just goes to show you how important it is to make friends with the right people.

Gaffiti I can understand, and that's stupid as it is, but for someone to think: "Oh cool! A new haunted house ride! I shoukld totally do something to cause damage and disappointment!" is just plain ASSININE!!!

But I am glad they got the ride fixed up again. And yes, I agree that he should be charged for the damages and the lost profit from ticket sales on th ride.

I'm sure with people these days, they tend to forget that security cameras are mounted everywhere. Frightwalk also has cameras mounted throughout the walk-thru as my parents and the attendant were watching us go through and watching my cousin get easily frightened.

Back on topic, it's stupid for people to do this kind of stuff...to ruin/destroy something that's brand new. Unfortunately, there's a lot of stupid people in this world and will probably never learn after initially being caught. Yes, those kids (and parents) should be financially responsible for this destruction. And graffiti, don't get me started...nothing's worse than seeing a newly painted ride/theming/whatever at the beginning of the season and a couple weeks in, there's already gang writing or stupid nonsense. Only makes the place look like a dump. But again, half those people who do that stuff probably live in a dump (ghetto neighborhoods) so they probably could care less.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Speaking of Haunted Castle, I still have yet to ride it. I do however have the queue music already stuck in my head (Minus the lyrics that were made up for it, lol). Also impressed that it's back up and running...I guess SCBB doesn't play games with ride down time, they mean business...much like ride dispatching...speedy as always, props! Is just one of the vehicles out of commission then? And the track, was that pretty much minor damage?

^

Meh... my lyrics were just to add a little uniqueness to the tune... It sort of sounds like a Haunted Mansion rip-off anayway.

Btw, I know what will cheer other fans up:

MĂ¡s mĂºsica que nadie pista?

NHC Queue Music 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJm9MreEkvU

NHC Queue Music 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dhbS6LLGEo

NHC Queue Music 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mywp50ODn3Y

NHC On-ride/Castle Scenes Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSAT3X8jPjw

NHC - Me being an obsessed, mad fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tMWUHue-Q

Umm the last vid... let's just say I'm crazy like that. LOL ¿por quĂ© no?

I'm around stupid teens like this all the time, and I've learned to understand their psychology. If the tablecloth was in reaching distance, then he would pull it to see what happened. He probably didn't do it to impress his friends, he probably did it for the sake of doing it.

He was still stupid though, and I hope hes forced to pay for all the damage hes caused.

^

I sure hope you get paid to deal with idiots like him. I too saw that the table cloth was in reach to pull, but I'm not going to ruin the ride for anyone else and get in trouble for pulling it... That's just stupid.

But I wonder why the table cloth was so loose... I mean, shouldn't it have been glued to the table?

And why did the cars hit each other if they have a built-in mechanism that forces them to stop automatically if they sense to be too close to each other?

BUMP:

I just merged a few old topics (including Coaster-crazy's great thread on SCBB's NEW Haunted Castle Construction Log) into a brand spanking new SCBB discussion thread.

Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Cool, thanks Moose. Though... how can we change the subtitle of the topic now for updates.. e.g. July 27th, 2010 - SURPRISE UPDATE... we can't change that now...

~Nicholas

Any of the site moderators can change the subtitle for significant updates.