TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

^Yeah, I was going to figure that. I have contacted R&R Designs (designers of ride) who said they would send me photos they took of the insides of the ride, in darkness. He told me that only the 2 of them(both R's) have seen them. So, with that in mind, I would probably show you these photos from the dark, and MINE from the light..

We'll see though!

~Nicholas

p.s. R&R Designs is really only 2 guys, the ENTIRE company. Pretty sweet huh?

^

Both please...

You get a walk-through tour? Coolness! Take tons-o-pics! Speaking of walk-through tour, you've been on the Fright Walk attraction, nes par?

R&R is a company made up of TWO people? AWESOME! Now that's my kind of company! They do great work together!

Also, I'm posting my video review on youtbe as we speak... it will have two parts to it, and should be up and available soon!

^

Both please...

You get a walk-through tour? Coolness! Take tons-o-pics! Speaking of walk-through tour, you've been on the Fright Walk attraction, nes par?

R&R is a company made up of TWO people? AWESOME! Now that's my kind of company! They do great work together!

Also, I'm posting my video review on youtbe as we speak... it will have two parts to it, and should be up and available soon!

I will for sure, and yeah, R&R is only TWO people! I have been on the Fright Walk, once. What would you like to know?

Looking forward to your review!

~Nicholas

^ I watched the review, and I liked it! I would agree with most of the stuff you said, except for the ride opening in July... whoops!

I am a person who hates scary things that pop out at you. A friend of mine forced me to go into the Fright Walk, and honestly I was freaking out, but that's just because I hate things that pop out at you. It's about 5 minutes to walk through it, and I did it last fall. So, if you're not afraid of those things, go ahead on in. There is a mirror maze and all kinds of things that happen. Won't say too much though...

The NEW Haunted Castle is my scary level.... hahaha.

~Nicholas

^

LOL ... yeah... July... Anyway, I thought the dinosaur was the most random thing in the ride... threw me off a bit... I loved the voice acting though... As I said, the ending was great as well.

I've been on the Fright Walk 2 times. Once by myself, and just a few weeks ago with my three cowardly cousins. It's good stuff. I like how they put some stuff from the old Haunted Castle in there.

So, did you find the old Haunted Castle ride uber scary? Do you find Ghost Blasters scary?

I personally think Ghost Blasters has a better scare factor than the NHC, but that's just my opinion. I feel that if you already know what's going to pop out at you, it's not scary... unless you forget... I remember forgetting about the attack dog and air blast in the old HC, and they would get me at times, but it's good and funny to get scared of fictional animatronic things.

This new Haunted Castle seemed more like a tour rather than a strict scare ride like the old one--which gave it that Haunted Mansion feel. All we were missing was the "Ghost Host" to give a monologue on each scene. But what made it different was that the characters in the ride talked to you, making you feel apart of the action, rather than you merely passing by, and seeing stuff.

I sort of wish the ride had a fictional story behind it, and would be made into a big Hollywood production motion picture... "Walt Disney Pictures Presents: The Haunted Castle"! ...er, umm... maybe not...

HOWEVER... I am personally wrking on a... well, I guess you can say, fan-fic of the ride... giving it a backstory... It's titled "Tales from the Haunted Castle" at the moment, but I'm hoping it'll change by the time I;m done writing it...

Edited by wumwip

^That sounds really cool - looking forward to that fan-fic! I also find Ghost Blasters having a more scary factor than the NHC, even though that doesn't scary. To me, from scariest to least scariest would be in this order.

1. Fright Walk

2. Ghost Blasters

3. New Haunted Castle

Make sure you name a ghost as a parody of Walt Disney for your fan-fic... like Dalt Wisney... I have no idea, haha.

~Nicholas

p.s. Do you have AIM?

^

Dalt Wisney. LOL sounds good. I'll definitely have some random Haunted Mansion references... as well as references to it being a mere ride. LOL The story will be a bit funny in some ways, but will have some grusome moments. I'm basically going to tell the stories of each character from both the old ride and the new...

um... what's AIM?

^

I thought it might stand for that... LOL

I have gmail... they have an instant message thingy too... wumwip@gmail.com

A RCT2 version of the NHC, eh? Sounds cool... but hard to do. How's it coming along?

I recently learned how to work the omnimover cars I downloaded for RCT3, and they are PERFECT for recreating the NHC! I want to make a recreation of it, but I just need to know how to work the blasted in-game camera feature so I can upload it to youtbe...

Hey, sorry you didn't get to finish or start building it in RCT2. RCT3 is the best if you're going for a recreation of any ride.

Also, I just finished drawing a "poster" type announcement for my upcoming fan-fic. I was also doing tons of story re-writes on it. LOL

I'll try to post up the pic here (or maybe I should start a new thread?) and I will also make a youtube video announcement.

A little bit of news.

I was at the Boardwalk today, mainly to ride rides.(what else?) In only 3 hours I got in 16 rides, which about 5 rides an hour... making it about 1 ride every 12 minutes. But the reason I'm posting is that the Haunted Castle was closed today. All of the metal rolling doors were shut, so I'm not sure how long it will be. I am not surprised though, since it's been breaking down an awful lot...

I'll let you know when it reopens!

~Nicholas

^

Yuppers. I had a ride brake down experience just like you did.... and in the same spot of the ride.... I hope thy open it again because the rest of my family is itching to ride it, and they're mad at me for the fact that it's closed at the moment (like I OWN the ride or something.... LOL I wish...). I guess they feel it's my fault because I promoted the ride to them for such a long time.

^That's so weird, haha.

====================

It's Update time!... but not on the construction of the new ride, since it's basically done, besides the few touches here and there. R&R Creative Amusement Designs, the company who basically designed the ride(layout, scenes, what props to use, colors, lighting, etc..), has sent me some high quality pictures of the Haunted Castle different scenes. These are with the lights off and are lit up basically with the camera flash.

The two people whom you will see in the vehicle on the ride will be Richard and his wife. R&R = Rick and Richard; and yes, the company is only made up of these TWO people! I hope you enjoy these photos, and I'm grateful for them sharing the photos with us here at TPR. This NEW ride would not be possible without these 2 people, who designed the ride. It's basically their baby.. Heh, the photos are in order of how the scenes appear throughout the ride. Enjoy!

~Nicholas

NOTE: ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT/BELONG TO R&R CREATIVE AMUSEMENT DESIGNS OF ANAHEIM, CA. THESE PHOTOS MUST NOT BE REPRODUCED ANYWHERE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM EITHER RICK OR RICHARD OF R&R CREATIVE AMUSEMENT DESIGNS. I DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GRANT PERMISSION MYSELF.

55491296_RampR1.jpg.2bbec571fa5e96f681fa48c0bd76d990.jpg

SCENE 1: Station - The haunted loading platform... mwhahahah!

1229381770_RampR2.jpg.dbb734015a958f4dcf3a8c842eeb6767.jpg

SCENE 2: Entry Hall - The mysterious floating king in the entry hall!!!

205929760_RampR3.jpg.c0d59e9273036eba085d315e314c2e00.jpg

SCENE 3: Dungeon - This is the scary, face changing Dungeon guard. :o

1893915139_RampR4.jpg.77de99c0d7b585e1211de69461f17e3b.jpg

SCENE 4: Wine Cellar - This guy is pouring some spooky stuff I'm sure! ... okay, I got nothing. :p

1714358563_RampR5.jpg.a10c849be9b239da4fa734bf295c4194.jpg

SCENE 6: Banquet Hall - "DINNER TIME!". Want some spaghetti? (I don't have any photos from scene 5, the kitchen. Sorry!)

1966433659_RampR6.jpg.674c0eb9158ef5fa2bfb6f4ce75c99c9.jpg

SCENE 7: Swamp - Watch out for the scary swamp monster, AHH!!! (In the car is Richard and his wife of R&R)

434245585_RampR7.jpg.43d34c097191efcdcd02a36b904f7dfc.jpg

SCENE 8: Graveyard - Look out for the 'in danger' Santa Cruz tourist in the Graveyard! Someone should help this man!

1512587093_RampR8.jpg.c9b374d46757fdeaba91502718df7fed.jpg

SCENE 8.5: Royal Kennel - Watch out for these raging creatures in the Royal Kennel! ... look for their green eyes...

1342439864_RampR9.jpg.425e4474a86a09bd4f705e9f81184e1b.jpg

SCENE 9: Up Ramp/Guillotine Scene - Dont' be scared, as you might lose your head!

1076707282_RampR10.jpg.73585e80d1b6df22dac8e38f44c2c012.jpg

SCENE 9: Up Ramp/Guillotine Scene: If by the end of the ride you haven't quite lost your head, this spooky man will take care of that for you! MWHAHAHAHAH!!!!

278986443_RampR11.jpg.8d6d790506173ae83820f4d167ede28e.jpg

THANK YOU RICK & RICHARD OF R&R CREATIVE AMUSEMENT DESIGNS FOR SHARING THESE AMAZING PHOTOS!! Without you two, this ride of yours would not be possible. This ride is a must for anyone's Boardwalk experience. THANKS! :-)

=========================

NEXT UPDATE: Soon I will be posting a video of all of the panorama shots from each update, all the way back from demolition to now. Then, later this month I might be getting a behind the scenes walk on this ride - STAY TUNED!!

^

Cool pictures you got there! Richard and his wife look so terrified of this ride!

Too bad no kitchen picture. That scene was cool. Also, shots of the other table and the king's statue would've been nice, but over all, these pictures are great, especially for being shot in the dark.

But in scene 7, it's a random dinorsaur... not the swamp monster. Just pointing that out.

I still say the ride shouldv'e at least had one screamer that pops out of the dark since Ghost Blasters has, like, 4... as well as stuff that looks like it'll fall on you...(screaming door, and the stack or crates at the very end)...

Ay dios mio... here I go being a critic again...

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Is the ride operating regularly now? I seem to recall someone here in this thread, or in another related thread, mentioning that it had been closed at least part of some days recently. It's totally understandable that a new ride may need some tweaking/adjusting. I want to take a trip to the park, but I'd like to go when I know the ride is scheduled to be operating.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks for getting ahold of those pictures, coaster-crazy. They really show off the ride well.

I have an update on the operational status of Haunted Castle. The ride was closed for most of this week, due to poor reliability. Friday (6/18), the ride was open all day with very minimal breakdowns. Recently, a few changes were made in the way the ride operates, which will hopefully make it more reliable. The ride is scheduled to be open throughout the weekend and beyond, and is being constantly monitored by many park mechanics and managers.

*plants claim flag* I hearby claim this page of the thread! Mwahahahahahahahaaaa-- oh sorry...

*loading brain...please wait*

*configuring mind process*

*configuration failed!*

*stealing some of Nicholas's mind configuration*

*uploading...please wait*

*upload successful*

^

Oh, thank God it's open again! I have to tell my family so they can stop hating me! LOL

We're planning to go to The Lost Boys movie night on June 30th! ...And then we all shall ride the NEW Haunted Castle... hopefully a million times! I just love going backwards down that spiral! I throw my head back and go "WEEEEEEE!" ...oh... uh... you didn't need to know that though.

It sure will be a if the line is bignormous for it on that night, but I won't be surprised. (and yes, I did make up the word "bignormous")