TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

^

Whew! No clowns... what a relief...

The swamp, eh? I thought it would be the darkest...

The guillotine dude is at the end... Huh... I never would've guessed...

Cool! I want to ride it alone, but just wanted to make sure it was possible before I go.

Thanks for answering my questions...

you might hate me, but I have more questions:

1. Are they done painting the castle on the outside?

2. What's the deal with the "ghostly king"? Is he the main attraction? (He's mentioned in the ride description on the prak's website)

3. Do the cars go down the spiral quickly or at a slower speed?

4. Is it possible for someone to take any pictures or videos while inside the ride?

1. Are they done painting the castle on the outside?

I don't know the answer to this. The Boardwalk is open every day now through the end of the summer, so I would guess that no more major painting will happen.

2. What's the deal with the "ghostly king"? Is he the main attraction? (He's mentioned in the ride description on the park's website)

There isn't a main attraction (in my opinion) on the ride. The scenes are all equally prominent. At one point on the ride, your car passes between two tables with skeletons sitting around a feast, with a 'king' sitting at the table.

3. Do the cars go down the spiral quickly or at a slower speed?

The car goes just a touch faster than normal down the spiral, but the brakes keep the car's speed down.

4. Is it possible for someone to take any pictures or videos while inside the ride?

Yes, it's possible . I'm not aware of a no camera policy on the ride, but I wouldn't recommend taking any flash photography if you are in the car with other guests, because it might ruin the ride for them.

Edited by sfmman2000

^Anytime! I got an email from the park today:

"Dear Boardwalk Season Pass Holder,

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is offering 2010 Season Pass Holders an opportunity to experience the NEW Haunted Castle, before the park officially opens!

On Saturday June 5, 2010 just present your Season Pass card at the Haunted Castle from 10:00am -11:00am to enjoy this exclusive offer for Season Pass Holders only.

If you have questions about this offer please email

guest.services@beachboardwalk.com

or call 831-423-5590.

See you at the Boardwalk!"

^

This saturday??? UUUUUGGHHHH!!! Danggit!!! My sister is getting married that day!!! Aw man!!!

Well, I guess I'll ride it some other time...

Is the ride open to the public a the moment? Or will it officially open this saturday?

Hey guys, found this on the Haunted Castle page on the Boardwalk's website:

The Boardwalk’s newest ride, the NEW Haunted Castle, OPENS Friday, June 4, 2010!

Season Pass Holders join us for EXCLUSIVE RIDES ON THE NEW HAUNTED CASTLE - June 5, 2010 • 10am to 11am. Present your Endless Summer card to the ride operator to enjoy exclusive ride time on the NEW Haunted Castle before the park opens!

The ride opens around noon on Friday, according to an email I recieved. I also visited the Boardwalk today and found that they were cycling cars through! I got pictures and video to show you - tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks!

~Nicholas

I got this in an email:

"BIG KAHUNA CLUB MEMBER

You're invited to the official launch of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's NEW Haunted Castle ride!

Date: Friday, June 4, 2010

Time: 10am - 11am

Location: NEW Haunted Castle at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Events: A few words, some cake, and a free ride through the new Haunted Castle!

We're inviting employees, You! (our Big Kahunas) and some special friends to help us officially launch the new Haunted Castle ride. We hope you’ll join us!

Please print this email invitation and bring it with you to the event"

Does this mean I can go on Friday?

(I'm not an employee, but Brigid sent this to me)

I get to go! YES!!! AWESOMENESS!!! I'll try to spot you and say hi... you'll really be the ONLY one with a Boardwalk hat and taking pictures?

I'll be wearing a black hat, a black sweater vest, a black shirt that reads "The Zombies are looking for Brains" (in huge bright green letters), and black shoes with wiggly eyes on them... You won't be able to miss me.

I will also have a camera. I'm gonna be videoing and taking pictures like crazy! This is gonna be so awesome, and I'll get to make it to my sister's wedding in Arizona on saturday!! YES!!

NEWS: THE NEW HAUNTED CASTLE OPENED TO THE PUBLIC TODAY ... and I was on the FIRST ride! I will tell you more on how I got to be first on the ride later this afternoon. For those who live around the Bay Area, there will be a segment tonight I was interviewed for on the NEW Haunted Castle. I will post a time for that later this afternoon. On-ride video will be posted shortly!

STAY TUNED!

Can't wait to see the on-ride footage!! It's really cool that people are building bonafide classic-style darkrides in today's day and age! I'm in PA so I can't really drive over and check it out so I'm excited for video of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ1VnwWIGfU

WARNING. This video includes an on-ride POV. Those wishing to experience this ride fresh should not watch.

I was invited to the launch event today for the Haunted Castle thanks to me being a member of ACE Northern California! The video is here! I was the FIRST rider on the NEW Haunted Castle and rode with another boy, Charles Canfield, and Ted Whiting! This was a surprise, as I wasn't told about this. I was also presented a piece of concept art from the ride. Charles Canfield presented one to me and the boy I was with, who got to be on the first ride with me because he was a big fan of Sally Corp. This company did all of the gags for the ride.

I recommend everyone to ride this fabulous treasure. It is definitely great for familes and has a Boardwalk/Disney kind of scary. ... which is my kind of scary. Also, check out ACE Norcal's website, as it has many cool things about the parks around the Bay Area!

http://acenorcal.org/modules/news/

Enjoy!!!

~Nicholas

P.S. For those in the Bay Area, tune into KSBW TONIGHT at 11 PM. There will be a segment somewhere within the 11-12 time frame about the NEW Haunted Castle and it's launch party today. I was interviewed about the ride, so watch out for me!

Edited by coaster-crazy

Thanks everybody for all of the comments over the past 5 months on my construction log. I really am sad that this has to come to an end. Hopefully, I will cover future Boardwalk projects and post them on here. Once again, thanks... now go out there and ride the NEW HAUNTED CASTLE!!!!

~Nicholas

Today I went to SCBB with my school for our grad picnic at the beach. I rode the Haunted Castle and it is a HUGE improvement over the old version. I loved the ride (even though my friends didn't care for it) and it's definitely a great addition to the park.

^

To Nicholas: See? The construction isn't done yet. They still have to add the clock and spider as well. Also, I have a thread about the RCT3 Boardwlak recreation in the RollerCoaster Games section of the forums. Check it out.

To AltonTowersNerd: The ride is very dark inside, but I will try to take some pictures of the inside scenes whenever I ride it again.

These are great, i love the photos and videos. At first it reminds me of those pretzel rides. Where bouts in California is this Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?

anyway keep up with nice ride pics and peroids.

In Santa Cruz, California, on the beach, where there is a boardwalk.

Hey everybody - correct, the ride isn't quite finished yet! I do hope they end up adding the ole' clock and spider as they promised. Good news though, it seems I will be getting a walk through of this attraction later this month thanks to a friend of mine. Now here's a question for ya:

Q: Would you like pictures of the insides with the lights on, off, or both?

Gimme an answer in your post, thanks! Also, here is a photo from the official Boardwalk Facebook page of the new gargoyles... but thanks also to sfmman2000 for posting some too!

~Nicholas

Edited by coaster-crazy