TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

The deck will expand over the Fright Walk for sure (Rumor also has it that they're going to remake the Fright Walk as well during the process of the deck expansion). I'm not sure if the deck will expand all the way over the old offices though.

The coaster was confirmed a while back. One of the park executives or someone said it's going to be a coaster that people will like BETTER than the Hurricane.

This couldn't possibly be done in half a year, could it? Also, I knew they were planning to either extend the top deck, or get rid of frightwalk/buildings, but they are going to build over them?

The New Haunted Castle was a bigger and more complicated project, and it was done in nine months, so anything's possible. The Boardwalk means business when they set out on a major project.

Just hope someone goes to do some photo documentation on the construction process.

I'm hoping for a Euro Fighter or something on that level. There was a rumor long ago regarding an S&S El Loco and I hope It's not true. Northern California has Grizzly and Kong, they don't need another rough bad-capacity coaster.

Well, the trains on Greenlantern at Movie world have the same capacity as your standard Euro Fighter trains, and there lapbars only. A Euro Fighter or an El Loco would be great IMO!

I'm hoping for a Euro Fighter or something on that level. There was a rumor long ago regarding an S&S El Loco and I hope It's not true. Northern California has Grizzly and Kong, they don't need another rough bad-capacity coaster.

Well, the trains on Greenlantern at Movie world have the same capacity as your standard Euro Fighter trains, and there lapbars only. A Euro Fighter or an El Loco would be great IMO!

Not to mention that Green Lantern is insanely smooth.

However, from the two Eurofighters I've been on I'd say I much prefer Eurofighters over El Locos. They're much more fun and intense.

I went to the Boardwalk on Tuesday and Wednesday! I took POVs of a complete round at Buccaneer Bay Miniature Golf Course and of Speed Bumps if anybodys interested! I also shot a new personal record for Ghost Blasters with a score of 3040!

I shot a 44 playing one handed while filming this video. Watch out for a couple of impressive aces on 10 and 14! (8:45 for hole 10 ace, 11:30 for hole 14 ace)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEGepvFGcJ0

Skip to 1:00 to the start of the ride cycle to save time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=min7FERB_gs

100_0724.jpg.a901b945ede9718d195925450ae79b43.jpg

Farewell Hurricane!

I remember the day it opened in '92..I thought it was such a modern world class coaster

Giant Dipper was the first coaster I ever rode, Hurricane was the second..a couple other unique memories tied to this coaster too, so I'm really sad to see it go, but glad I found out about it in time to give it a send off.

@ Shawnk

Thanks for those! I miss the Boardwalk so much, and videos are the only way I'll experience it for now since I moved to Phoenix.

The Hurricane had a good 20 year run. Yes, it is sad to see the good old Hurricane leave its home, but at least we know it's moving to a new park to entertain a whole new generation in New Mexico. Just like Typhoon and Chaos. Man, i miss those ones especially...

But like I said, at least they're still alive, and not completely destroyed like the old Haunted Castle was.

I don't miss the old haunted castle at all. The new one is an improvement across the board. The only thing I liked about the old one was the design of the facade.

I feel the same way about the Hurricane. I honestly think that I never had an outstanding ride on it and only rode it once each visit, not because I liked it very much, but just because it was there. The Sea Serpent is a better coaster than the Hurricane. Though I may be bias as I think I disliked the ride a little even from the beginning when it replaced the Jet Star before I was tall enough to ride my first Schwarzkopf.

^I think the Jet Star was finally scrapped, sadly. There were rumors about it before it was removed from Thrillville in 2010, I believe about it going to a carnival, but I haven't heard of it since. Also I may be confused with the Fun Forest Windstorm since I remember something about Texas being involved, and that's where that ride seems to show up.

Here's the RCDB page for Ripper at Thrillville, where it's considered defunct.

I think I remember seeing the Jetstar coaster when I was young only because I remember my next SCBB visit, Hurricane was new. I stared out my motel window in awe seeing Hurricane's orange sign flashing just across the street as our balcony faced over in that general area.

About the new coaster, I still keep thinking Maurer Sohne SC2000. Not sure why, just have this gut feeling that will most likely be wrong

Also about the new coaster, I received an email today from SCBB (part of their email listing for their Big Kahuna newsletter) inviting "Big Kahunas" (their subscribers) to their media announcement. I won't be able to make it for that one as I already took the 29th off for CGA's...plus SCBB's a little further away. Still, I'm excited to see what's in store for all 3 bay area parks this week. It's like Christmas for the coaster enthusiasts.

I'm pretty excited to see what SCBB has in store for us! I think a Eurofighter would fit in nicely right there, but also a Maurer or Gerstlaurer Spinner could be neat, but it's a little late for speculation. I guess we'll just wait and see what they're deciding on adding, hopefully something awesome to round out the already awesome little park!

Excitement is boiling within me, and I've been waiting for this and Au13 for EONS (hard to get anything good built in NorCal with Prudential, Coastal Commission, NIMBYs, and many more). It just seems as if each day leading up to the big reveal of this (and Au13) just keeps getting longer and longer...it's almost agonizing! I am praying deeply for a ZacSpin 32.5m.