TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help Design Club TPR's Logo & Membership Card!

Some quick thoughts...

Calaway Park - It's "friendly" yes, but to me it's still not "fun." I see the mountains, valleys, and a sun coming up over them. Like a refreshing morning with a cup of coffee in my hand. It's nice, but it's just not "TPR"

*snip*

I see, I was trying to imply that the hills and valleys were the hills and valleys of a coaster without actually including a coaster in the image, because as you stated, TPR isn't only about coasters.

Any suggestions on what would make it more fun?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Godzilla, a peice of toast and a talking cat?

I honestly don't know. I'm not an artist, which is why I'm asking for input, but you can go off my feedback on yours and other designs that have been submitted and see if you can find something that resonates with us.

That's part of the challenge of this whole thing. You may find that lots of people love your design, but it needs to click with us.

I can't really tell you why one thing works for me when others don't. It's just a like/dislike totally subjective thing.

--Robb

Sean, it almost seems that you're trying to tack things on and it's still not working. The thing is, your design is perfectly fine, but it just doesnt's strike me as "TPR" and I can't tell you why.

What I would suggest is maybe seeing if you have another idea you want to try.

The concept isn't flawed, it just doesn't fit TPR.

That's at least my opinion of it.

--Robb

ILoveRides, that concept is fun...but it's kind of like epileptic seizure fun!

Honestly, it has a lot of cool elements to it, but with all the colors it might be a bit too much.

Keep going at it though!

--Robb

Sean, it almost seems that you're trying to tack things on and it's still not working. The thing is, your design is perfectly fine, but it just doesnt's strike me as "TPR" and I can't tell you why.

What I would suggest is maybe seeing if you have another idea you want to try.

The concept isn't flawed, it just doesn't fit TPR.

That's at least my opinion of it.

--Robb

I see. I think the problem lies in the fact that fun is subjective. Personally, I think n7's design is fantastic and it's very good-looking but I don't really perceive it as fun. But it's up to you guys, when it's all said and done and you seem to have found some entries that you find suit you well, so I'll leave it up to the rest of TPR

Thanks though!

I tried to create a card, but since I watched out for new entries, I´m so impressed with N7´s work! I will never reach his or the others level. I can say, N7´s is my favorite.

Want to give a feedback what I like:

-The best Card in my opinion is by N7

-The Idea of a Coaster on the Top of the "T" is very good by Angry_Gumball, also the squares in the card, but I´m missing some yellow element

- Maybe it´s a good inspiration by J Man to put some donkeys in the background like the transparent coaster pictures :o)

Ok, now I will show you my last try, perhaps some more talentet person might be inspirated by some elements:

Club-Kart2.jpg.aefc81ef57425f375b5d48d61b8dad7e.jpg

While I don't possess the know-how to use Photoshop to design a card, I would design a very basic one with some adaptation of the TPR logo that is used here on the forums. Black background with the green, red, and blue colored letters/words that we're familiar with.

Honestly, I do think those of you who have designed cards have done a good job.

I do like the idea of membership cards. At one point in the early days of Westcoaster, they were working on designs for cards for members of the never formed Southern California Coaster Club.

Eric

^ Maybe the problem is that not everyone's name is "Sean Sedgwick."

Anyway, while I don't possess the know-how to use Photoshop to design a card, I would really design a very basic one with some adaptation of the TPR logo that is used here on the forums. Black background with the green, red, and blue colored letters/words that we're familiar with.

I do like the idea of membership cards, though. At one point in the early days of Westcoaster, they were working on designs for cards that members of the never formed Southern California Coaster Club would have.

Eric

I don't understand? Obviously the text where the member's name is would change. Most of the contestants have Robb Alvey or some other name where the person's name would go.

William, I LOVE the little coaster cars on the T. They have been simplified down, but it really communicates! The less-is-more approach fits that icon well.

Ok - a few design tweaks:

Basically the display model

themeparkreview at the bottom of the card

A little more of a type-as-line approach in the TPR colors.

Same approach with the 'club gold' instead.

One thing you could answer me - what does the "family" textbox mean and what does it indicate?

BTW - the font I used is provided in the attachment.

Carlisle REGULAR.zip

Carlisle typeface

A few other thoughts of my own, as I'm quite the simpleton:

Angry Gumball - Nice, but the black is a bit overpowering. Needs more color, or shades thereof.

J Man - I like this one as well. But the white rectangle with the info kinda ruins it for me. LOVE the look of the donkey though.

Another question - Do the words "Name", "TPR Screen name", and "Member Type" really have to be there?

I understand "Member Since" and "Expires" (or "Expiration date")

I think nothing would be good for the persons name. (i.e. The word "Name" doesn't actually appear on the card.)

Something like "TPR ID" for their screen name, instead of "TPR Screen Name".

Instead of "member type" and then the actual type, how about "Single membership" or "Family Membership" etc... as a single line. The word "type" just doesn't belong IMO.

JJ

Edited to add:

n7 - I love the changes made!! Love the "ThemeParkReview.com" in the gold!!

Question before I start doing: Is it far game to use photos that are in the TPR park index, even if other members contributed to the index?

I would also assume not use any of the ride photos that feature a specific ride/park/entertainment logo since that would technically be infringing on copyright.

I'd like to see this one with:

- the website only on the bottom line, not surrounding the red and green.

- real name and location switched with screen name and join date

- Single, Couple, or Family under member number

Also a second version that does not use White as the main printing color.

Thanks!

Question before I start doing: Is it far game to use photos that are in the TPR park index, even if other members contributed to the index?

I would also assume not use any of the ride photos that feature a specific ride/park/entertainment logo since that would technically be infringing on copyright.

I would hope that someone would know to either blur out a "Six Flags" logo or something from the photo.

--Robb

n7, can you try doing this one:

But with all the URL's grayed out like in your original one, except for ONE in gold, maybe the one right under the "R"?

I just want to see what that would look like.

I think that could look cool, but here's my issue with this design right now, the "R" in TPR is going to blend into the black and may not print/or be seen really well. not quite sure how to fix it, but I can see the right side of the "R" fading off into the black.

I've designed gift cards/loyalty/employee cards for my POS customers so I have a good feel for how things will look when they are printed.

There are some great designs so far. White prints ok as long as it's on a dark background, but too much black can be overwhelming.

- real name and location switched with screen name and join date

Actually this is a good point and something I hadn't thought about. It probably make the most sense for the actual name to be larger than the screen name.

I realize you've probably put the name where it is because there are more character spaces there, but when one of our members goes to a park and hands them a card it probably looks a bit better to have "Joey Mandel" as the highlight name on the card instead of "JEW!"

--Robb