TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help Design Club TPR's Logo & Membership Card!

Hey everyone!

As we always value our members input with everything we do, we have decided to have a photoshop contest that will allow our members to help design our Club TPR Logo and Membership Card.

This contest will be a little bit different from Photoshop Contests in the past so let me first put forth a few rules:

1. While we will have a poll and everyone can vote, the ultimate winner will be chosen by Robb & Elissa.

2. Just because you may be the winner of this contest it does not mean we will use your logo or membership card style in the final product. In fact, it is possible that we may end up choosing multiple ideas to create one logo and/or card.

3. One of goals of this contest, in addition to input with the logo, is to find graphic artists that exist on TPR and may be interested in helping with other TPR projects. So think of this as a "test" along with a contest!

4. The final winner, chosen by Robb & Elissa, will receive a free 1 year membership to Club TPR, and of course, a giant bag-o-crap!

5. You may submit multiple versions and revisions of your logo/membership card however your final version *MUST* say "Final Submission" and you may only submit ONE logo and membership card per person. While you can post your logo and membership card as two images, the logo you design must be displayed on the membership card, and that version will be your "final submission." The membership card and logo MUST be uploaded as a 300 DPI layered PSD image in .zip file along with your .jpg submissions for display in the forum. (Or a similar type of high resolution layered file)

6. Robb & Elissa will be giving critical feedback on submissions prior to the contest closing date, and you can either decide to or not to revise your image based on their feedback. If you are not open to constructive criticism on your artwork, we suggest not participating in this contest.

7. The logo and membership card must follow some guidelines which are as follows:

- The membership card MUST look clear when printed out as a 3.370 × 2.125 inch image (the size of your typical credit card). I would suggest printing it out at home first before posting it. Your image should be created at a MUCH higher resolution, but it should look good printed out at this size.

- The membership card must display: Club TPR Logo, Member Name, Member Screen Name, Member Number (5 digits - 00000), Join Date, Expiry Date, Member Type "Single" "Family", the website URL www.themeparkreview.com.

- The logo should look good displayed as big as 1000x500 and as small as 150x75 pixels

- The membership card and logo MUST be uploaded as a 300 DPI layered PSD image in .zip file along with your .jpg submissions for display in the forum.

- Any fonts used must be free of any licensing fees

- You must use gadzoox.tff (attached below) for the TPR Logo and the colors must match the same style of the site.

- The membership card and logo must look "professional" and "fun". It cannot be something that looks thrown together in 5 minutes in MS Paint (so basically NOT like the example below!)

- You may use the example below as an "idea" or come up with something completely on your own. The example is purely that, an "example."

DEADLINE FOR CONTEST SUBMISSIONS IS MONDAY JANUARY 18th, 2010!

Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing your images!

Thank you!

--Robb

Ps. HEREis an update to what is happening with Club TPR and more information about what we are proposing.

creditcard_actualsize_206.jpg.700c180296b127ed1345d267fbe437ad.jpg

Here is an example of the actual size of the membership card. If you print this image out, and then place a normal sized credit card over it, it should be exactly the same size. Your image should be created at a MUCH higher resolution, but it should look good printed out at this size. 3.370 × 2.125 inch

creditcard_aspectratio_148.jpg.1542b0e35766ea430cea212744f8e41e.jpg

Here is a larger version of a credit card template. NOTE! THIS ONE IS ONLY FOR REFERENCE! The membership card and logo MUST be uploaded as a 300 DPI layered PSD image in .zip file along with your .jpg submissions for display in the forum. (Or a similar type of high resolution layered file)

gadzoox_999.zip

TPR Gadzoox Font

clubtpr_littlecrappylogo_148.jpg.4607859ee80d1468c0b4c401a27dc270.jpg

The logo must look good as a small image for the front page of TPR and it must also fit well on the Membership card.

clubtpr_crappylogo_120.jpg.ac0f9a2b48471cb6acb5a18c948663d9.jpg

Here is a crappy Club TPR logo. Just to give you some ideas to start off with.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you only have Photoshop listed as the file format.

I was wondering if we could send an Illustrator file as well? I can still separate the layers and make the size of the card 3.370 × 2.125.

Where ever you have them printed at should be able to print Illustrator files if they can print Photoshop files. I have done numerous things that have requested Photoshop files in Illustrator (i.e. Magazine ad's, T-Shirt designs, Logo's, Buttons, etc...) and they have all worked out fine.

Let me know either way and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks,

Brian

^^ Brian, I would think that would be ok. As long it's in layers and something we could edit, that would be fine. What we don't want to get it some low-res version of something that looks great, but no one can use because it's all squashed down into one non-editable image.

Hope that makes sense!

--Robb

I honestly have no clue what I'm doing, the file is probably totally wrong, I just figured I'd be totally selfless and show off my wonderful work to inspire all of TPR's graphic artists

I appreciate the efforts, but did you even read the instructions? It might be nice to see what you could have done had you followed the directions of the contest.

--Robb

^I did read over them, I guess I didn't read them carefully enough, my mistake. Sorry about that!

Wait, you want a logo and a membership card, right? Because that was a (failed) attempt at the logo, not the membership card...or am I just confusing myself even more?

Wait, you want a logo and a membership card, right? Because that was a (failed) attempt at the logo, not the membership card...or am I just confusing myself even more?
While you can post your logo and membership card as two images, the logo you design must be displayed on the membership card

The membership card must display: Club TPR Logo, Member Name, Member Screen Name, Member Number (5 digits - 00000), Join Date, Expiry Date, Member Type "Single" "Family", the website URL www.themeparkreview.com.

I will do my best to create a good idea. But I have a question, are you planning on printing the membership-cards in one go (I would do that) and add the names and numbers later. If so do you intend to print them on or punch them out? I like to know because this could affect the design and the user friendliness of the design.

card.jpg.b3e23af3395544830bee7911730acef5.jpg

for example, this is my own bankpass. Image design by me. Had to smudge it up a bit. But this has a light design to accomodate the dark print.

Hey everyone!

- You must use gadzoox.tff (attached below) for the TPR Logo and the colors must match the same style of the site.

Robb - does this mean that you want Gadzooks used somewhere in the new logo or just that the original TPR logo should appear on the card, as well?

Great idea. Not best timing for me though because of exams, I'll try to give it a try when I have a chance I'm not quite sure which fonts I have are free from licensing.

OK, I've had a go.

The attached files will require the fonts: Arial Black, Arial Narrow and Gadzoox installed in order to display properly as I haven't converted key text elements to paths so that they can be edited - but that shouldn't be a problem. The .svg file was created in Inkscape (open source vector graphics software), but should load in Adobe Illustrator etc. I've also made a .pdf version which should open in most scalable vector graphics applications too.

There's also a family membership version within the .svg and .pdf files.

Robin

(Edit: corrected spelling of Gadzoox)

Vector_Graphics_Files.zip.zip

And the vector graphics files used to make the jpegs.

membership_card_rs.jpg.5cf2efd6c90e887c728e0d9dde29a720.jpg

Membership card - Robin Schroder (please note, it looks a bit soft here due to the jpeg conversion; it's sharper on the vector versions)

club_tpr_logo_rs.jpg.5deff37f804288c76d350760df0198b5.jpg

Club TPR Logo - Robin Schroder

My logo mark 1

No PSD supplied at the moment since this is an initial concept.

To see some of my previous work look at the banner on this page: CLICK CAUTION: flash video with audo ahead!

1808759387_tprlogobannercopy.thumb.jpg.12f11a8934157d03a59fa0ae94d55547.jpg

Logo mark 1