TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IOA repainting

IOA is giving the park a new paint job! While this is still new they have only been doing certain areas. The idea behind why IOA is getting a new paint job is because they want to make the park look amazing for all the people when WWoHP opens. Here are some shots I have found from Orlando United. (Before and After)

*Note: These photos are fairly new and don't date back any earlier than September 29th, 2009.

These are just a few of the photos I gathered. I also heard that the new paint they are applying is a new kind of paint that is supposed to last a lot longer in the Florida sun and heat. Everyone hopes that the Hulk & Marvel island gets some TLC next.

MOD EDIT: I know it's a judgement call, but no need to piggyback on to a thread that hasn't been touched in 4 years.

8.jpg.4febbbc07b7c24193024c9a5449ce773.jpg

Yeah, looks a lot better.

3.jpg.89de89684aecfe8d60930fc13ae097bc.jpg

Can you guess what they are doing?!

7.jpg.c7d9347fd573b9d8565fa60cd3cb8cfe.jpg

All better.

2.jpg.f586350d76a3307fd24ca251786b22ad.jpg

This really needs a new coat of paint!

5.jpg.51aaf679d1e8595ac9ebd20a3a24de06.jpg

A few days later, the sign looks outstanding.

4.jpg.f468e37ddb4921fc13d646ac2c30b560.jpg

The sign is finally getting some love

6.jpg.081e0e8029cc1d30b6fb4f274705e9cc.jpg

A few days later the whole water feature is completed and looks great.

1.jpg.54ffbb35323dc6883b4f4b042ceba853.jpg

An area that needs a much needed paint job!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But as far as the JP Discovery Center goes, wasn't it supposed to be unpainted?

Yeah, it was supposed to be all sand-colored like that. I actually think the new look is a bit garish.

And IOA is aways painting something. There might be a big push to get everything shiny for the debut of Potter-land, but even that's happened before. Cool, but hardly unprecedented.

About time someone took a can of paint out in the park, when I went in August it was lookin very worn, while understand what the sun does it really lowered the park experience for me.

Wow...you let less than 10% of the paint being faded or worn lowered your park experience...

And as erik said there is always some barriers up around something at that park being painted. I think people dont realize that virtually every building at that park has paint on it vs alot of traditional parks that have more brick buildings and less buildings period.

Anyway, I highly believe the cop car in suess lagoon had to be covered in something because when I went every year it looks like this...

83.JPG.4b50b08327b92bd4abd8c90c216a17c3.JPG

taken in 2006...still bright as the day it was painted. So it seems someone has been taking a can of paint out to the park...

37a.JPG.30a8682696ffefba1939e533b77b61a4.JPG

Thats how it looks everytime I go...consider me lucky?

Anyway, I highly believe the cop car in suess lagoon had to be covered in something because when I went every year it looks like this...

In the first picture posted, I am fairly certain that it looked so bad because they sanded it down before applying a new coat. That's something I didn't think of at first because I'm not used to parks applying paint in the correct fashion. Too many times I see pealing paint because the surface blow wasn't properly prepared.

For what it's worth, Seuss Landing was repainted in 2006 after becoming incredibly faded. I only know this do to the pictures my wife framed of our first trip and the updates we saw following our trip. Someone mentioned on another forum that the former nbc/universal received TAARP money for minor refurb capital projects, though even as I type this that sounds like BS.