TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

It's the end of a decade as we know it....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite new coaster - it has to be a tie between The Voyage and Diamondback

Favorite new ride - The Flyers at Knoebels...well, they're new to me!

Favorite new park - Earth Quest Adventure (it will be when they finish it, and it's going to literally be about five minutes away )

Most memorable park moment - For me it's the first time I visited Cedar Point. Up until then the tallest thing I'd ridden was probably Texas Cyclone - Also, last summer taking my own two week park trip was probably the greatest single vacation I've ever taken. Plus, I do have to add that catching rings on the Knoebels carousel was pretty dang cool.

Most memorable coaster moment - After losing a lot of weight being able to ride coasters again(I lost 200 pounds then promptly put 90 back on, but I'm working on it.) My first coaster in almost 20 years was an inverted coaster, Serial Thriller at Astroworld. That was a whole new experience!

Best ERT session - Last summer being able to get in five rides on Diamondback before the park opened...AWESOME!

Least favorite coaster - Iron Wolf-the most painful damn contraption ever!

Least favorite ride - Dizzy Dragons. I loves me some Tea Cups, but there's something about the dragons that reminds me of that days lunch...I won't 'splain it to you.

Oh, and I also hate drop towers. Okay, well it's more of a love/hate relationship. I get excited when I'm in line, get Tourett's while I'm going up the tower, scream like a girl on the way down, then promptly get back in line.

Least favorite park - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom: hot and crowded...wait, or was that Cedar Point LOL

Most interesting ride you've seen introduced - when flying coasters came out I thought that they looked totally insane

Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced - Ugh! Power Surge! Okay, I've not ridden one, but something tells me it might not be my cup of tea.

Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!) - by far getting to go on the TPR U.K. trip this coming summer!

The decade's biggest flop - Six Flags tearing down Astroworld! RIP my friend...

The decade's biggest success - I think Holiday World just keeps getting better and better. They just keep doing everything they can for the community and customers and still somehow manage to make more money.

The best meal you've had at a park - Hmmm...tough one. Well, the best meal I have to say was the turkey leg dinner at Holiday World. It was cheap and the whole meal tasted great! I have to say that anything I've had at Knoebels is almost if not just as amazing though! I'd visit for the food alone! Honorable mention goes to Dollywood and Famous Dave's at Cedar Point.

The worst meal you've had at a park - Funnel cake at SFKK and Chik Fil a at Cedar Point (and pretty much anything NOT Famous Dave's)

Best park turnaround - Kemah Boardwalk since they opened the Bullet...sure it bruised my ribs, but it's still awesome!

Worst park turnaround - Astroworld for sure...since it's GONE!

What was the biggest trend of this past decade? - Hmmm, bigger and faster coasters I s'pose.

Happy New Year!!

- Favorite new coaster - Millenium Force at Cedar Point

- Favorite new ride - Tie: Mission Space at Epcot and Pooh's Honey Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland.

- Favorite new park - Tokyo DisneySEA

- Most memorable park moment - seeing for the first time my Mom's and my Leave A Legacy photo at Epcot since she passed away in 2001.

- Most memorable coaster moment - ERT on Kawasemi at Tobu Zoo in 2008.

- Best ERT session - 3 way tie: 3 hours of ERT on a bunch of attractions at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2006, ERT on all of the coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain at the West Coast Bash in 2008 and ERT on the woodies at HolliWOOD Nights at Holiday World in May, 2009.

- Least favorite coaster - King Solomon's Mines wooden wild mouse at Pleasureland Southport.

- Least favorite ride - Disco flat rides.

- Least favorite park - FujiQ Highlands and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced - X at Six Flags Magic Mountain

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced - Storm Force: Acceleration at Islands of Adventure.

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!) TPR swimsuit calendar.

- The decade's biggest flop - Wild West World

- The decade's biggest success - Tokyo DisneySEA

- The best meal you've had at a park - Anything at the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Also though not at a park, but loved Boma at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

- The worst meal you've had at a park - The mystery meat at Lightwater Valley.

- Best park turnaround - With the opening of Expedition Everest, gave Disney's Animal Kingdom a classic old school unique Disney attraction with thrills and a great story.

- Worst park turnaround - Cypress Gardens Adventure Park

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? Park acquisitions.

- Favorite new coaster

Too much to decide. I liked Maverick a lot, but uniquely I'd say SheiKra. It singlehandedly brought back the Dive Machine out of irrelevance.

- Favorite new ride

Deluge at SFKK if that counts.

- Favorite new park

I was impressed with Holiday World and Indiana Beach.

- Most memorable park moment

Back at HHN 2002, when Toon Lagoon was covered in bubbles. I slipped into a bubble pile and was covered in suds for the rest of the night. Worth it though.

- Most memorable coaster moment

Maverick, all of it, because its a smorgasbord of everything good in a ride.

- Best ERT session

I would say the Kentucky Rumbler ERT at Beech Bend on the Midwest Trip. Enthusiast operators and overall great atmosphere of going on Rumbler over and over again in the dark.

- Least favorite coaster

Chance Toboggans, Gwazi

- Least favorite ride

N/A

- Least favorite park

I was unimpressed with the service at Mt. Olympus. The ops were generally uninterested in their job, some of the theming was falling apart. I just didn't feel welcome there.

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced

I would say X2, Splash Battles, and rides like Maverick basically saying that size doesn't matter. Also, Deluge at SFKK, using Magnets to propel tubes instead of high powered jets make for a better ride.

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced

I can't think of any.

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!)

Way too many to list. RIP TPR Encyclopedia topic.

- The decade's biggest flop

Son of Beast, no contest. Top Thrill Dragster/Kingda Ka would be second, because they're short, always have a lot of downtime, and a really short lived gimmick.

- The decade's biggest success

ProSlide Tornado slides, every single water park seems to be adding one or a variation of it. No doubt why, it is a lot of fun.

- The best meal you've had at a park

Busch Gardens, Disney, Holiday World, and Kennywood always had great food.

- The worst meal you've had at a park

Cedar Point

- Best park turnaround

I would say by the looks of it, Wild Adventures. The Herschend's are really trying to make the park seem "less tourist trap-y." Also, the rebounds of Six Flags as a park chain.

- Worst park turnaround

I would say Elitch Gardens or the PARC chain in general. When I went to Elitch Gardens, it seemed kind of odd their "new for 2008" ride wasn't going to open until October, and there were TV ads out on the ride too.

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade?

Again, ProSlide Tornadoes. A lot of water parks have been adding one or a variation of it. Heck, water parks in general; look at Geauga Lake, SFKK, and SFA essentially adding a lot to their water parks.

-Favorite new coaster

El Toro, with Boulder Dash, Superman Ride of Steel (SFNE) and Maverick close behind.

- Favorite new ride

I suppose Screamin Swings, if they are new.

- Favorite new park

Don't think I've been to a park that opened in this decade, besides maybe Adventure Park USA (FEC) in Maryland.

Ravine Flyer II ERT session in the thunderstorm in 2008.

Riding the Phoenix in the rain in 2008 (probably the greatest coaster ride of my life).

Kennywood in the snow in 2009 (including rides on Jackrabbit and the Screamin Swing in the snow).

My first ever ride on Vocano the Blast Coaster in 2001, which conquered my fear of "extreme" roller coasters.

haha pretty much everything listed above.

- Best ERT session

Ravine Flyer II, saw my life flash before my eyes several times!

- Least favorite coaster

Time Warp at Canada's Wonderland, Super Flight at Rye, and Boardwalk Bullet.

- Least favorite ride

I guess any non-floorless Huss Top Spins that were built in the decade that decided to crush people's balls.

X, Ball Coasters, Pre-fab wooden coasters....I guess anything good that's been introduced.

Again, Ravine Flyer II ERT session or the final bus ride of the Behemoth/RFII trip.

For me personally, flying coasters. Even B&M's are very uncomfortable and pointless for me, with the exception of the pretzle loop. Loading time also sucks.

Also, S&S Power's compressed air launch coasters. Uncomfortable, unreliable, though they may be making a comeback now.

And this is kind of out on a limb, but giga coasters. Lots of enthusiasts think MF is overrated, and Steel Dragon was down for a large chunk of its life. Then, no other gigas were built for the rest of the decade!

Pre fab woodens, the early 2000s Intamin mega coasters, and mega-lites. B&M megas have been great too, perhaps more reliable if a bit less extreme. My only complaint is they haven't changed very much in 11 years.

DelGrosso's Sauce Pizza. (Actually Knoebel's is better, but DelGrosso's wins for the sheer fact that it is the world's best sauce-based amusement park.)

Probably a funnel cake I ate at Kings Dominion....didn't really sit well for some reason.

- Best park turnaround

Though I've never been, Magic Mountain seems to have turned it around.

- Worst park turnaround

Geauga Lake or Six Flags America.

Too many to choose from, but Proslide tornados, inverts, floorless coasters in the first half of the decade, mega coasters, etc. Also I think innovation it self was a big trend. Look at all the weird coaster models that came to existance!

Also, large companies getting sold seemed to be a big trend, and debt.

- Favorite new coaster

storm runner(2004).

- Favorite new ride

acrophobia(2001), best drop tower in the country for me. Mission Space comes into a close second.

- Favorite new park

Only "new" park i've been to is Hard rock park(2008). So its sad to say it wins by default.

seeing Cedar point's skyline for the first time in 2006.

Boulder Dash. I rode it for the first time in 2008. That ride is amazing yet you never hear anything about it. Every hypes voyage and el toro but where's the boulder dash love.

- Best ERT session

Media day for goliath at SFOG. Final ride count for that day was 54.

- Least favorite coaster

Superman Ultimate Flight(2002). Why did they clone this ride twice.

- Least favorite ride

any Disko coaster

- Least favorite park.

Sixflags america aka lets plan our park expansion with RCT. Whenever I go to this park I always feel let down. Its located just outside our nations capital yet it is one of the worst sixflags parks.

Katun.

Stealth at thorpe park. why???

my avatar

Vekoma flyers where are they now.

rocket coasters.

Food?

Bad Food? i don't usually eat at parks.

- Best park turnaround

i don't know

- Worst park turnaround

i don't know. I just started to branch out and visit parks in 2005.

dark ride shooters.

- Favorite new coaster

I like Scream at SFMM. My credit count isn't very high but Scream is one of the rides I have the most fun on.

- Favorite new ride

Toy Story Midway Mainia

- Favorite new park

Call me a fanboy but I really like DCA.

I'm torn between meeting Robb & Elissa at SFMM or filming Hoodie 2 at Disneyland. Both were quite fun and memorable.

Having my friend nearly pee his pants on the drop of Goliath at SFMM

- Least favorite coaster

Although it's an older coaster my least favorite of the decade was Viper at SFMM. It was very rough and I was so sore afterword.

- Least favorite ride

Congo River Rapids at Busch Gardens Tampa. I have never been so uncomfortably wet.

Filming the Hoodie movies. Besides that "It came from the 4th Dimension".

Dinner at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland.

An $8 salad at Busch Gardens Tampa

Fastpass/Flashpass line skipping systems

- Least favorite park

EASY. Coney Island (Cincy)

......Really, JZ?

Anyways

- Favorite new coaster

Phoenix at Knoebels, hands down. But if we're just saying stuff thats new this decade, Maverick

- Favorite new ride

Crypt at KI when it ran a GOOD cycle.

- Favorite new park

This ones kind of hard. The best new experience I went to over the decade was definately Knoebels, but thats not really a new park...On the other hand, Strickers Grove was really a suprise to me and SFStL was a memorable trip.

Getting off of Phoenix for the first time and realising I would never view airtime or wooden coasters the same way again.

- Best ERT session

For lack of ERT experience, Im gonna go with Maverick x3 and Millenium Force in an hour.

- Least favorite coaster

Son of Beast

- Least favorite park

I don't really see parks as bad unless I can't find anything to entertain myself with. That being said, the only reason I go to Kings Island anymore is to ride Diamondback and Firehawk.....and Vortex I guess

Anything by Pax.

TPR showing up to Coney Island (Cincy) for their unanounced bonus park when I was working the coaster. Best suprise ever, and I got to meet alot of the TPR celebrities

Son of Beast

Skyline at Kings Island or Coney Island Cincy.

B&M and Intamin going EVERYWHERE. But props to the other awesome designers like Pax and Gerstueler

- Favorite new coaster

Kanonen

- Favorite new ride

Extreme Swing

- Favorite new park

Liseberg

Cedar Point, dropping cell phone into water

Balder airtime

- Best ERT session

SFGAM opening day

- Least favorite coaster

Gwazi

- Least favorite ride

- Least favorite park

SFGADV

T-Express

- Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced

Pony Express

The whole site is amazing!

Six Flags Locker's

Intamin Accelerators

Ribs, Busch Gardens Europe

Burger from Cedar Point

- Best park turnaround

Camp Snoopy/Nickelodeon Universe

- Worst park turnaround

Carowinds

The ride of Intamin! And shorter and shorter coasters

- Favorite new coaster -- Diamondback and Voyage

- Favorite new ride - Monster Mansion

- Favorite new park - Freestyle Music Park

- Most memorable park moment - Carowinds' announcement of Intimidator

- Most memorable coaster moment - My first and only front seat ride on Dragster, feeling like my face was melting.

- Best ERT session - Rampage @ GAP event (2009)

- Least favorite coaster - Hard to decide between T2, Mean Streak & Son of Beast

- Least favorite ride - 2 of the 3 SLC's I've been on.

- Least favorite park - Pedroland

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced - Maverick (until I rode it)

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced - Intimidator 305

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!) - TPR Calendar

- The decade's biggest flop - Maverick

- The decade's biggest success - Millennium Force

- The best meal you've had at a park - Anything at BGE

- The worst meal you've had at a park - All the generic crap at the big chains.

- Best park turnaround - Kings Island

- Worst park turnaround - Can't honestly think of one.

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? - Lots of buy outs, sell offs and sadly closures.

- Favorite new coaster: El Toro

- Most memorable park moment: walking through Cedar Point when we suddenly got dumped on by a monsoon...had to take cover under Iron Dragon's station

- Most memorable coaster moment: First rides on Millennium Force and Dragster

- Best ERT session: Technically not ERT, but riding Twister 47 times on Opening Day in 2003

- Least favorite coaster: Roller Soaker

- Least favorite ride: Super RoundUp's and Power Surges

- Least favorite park: Lakemont...caught it on a bad day

- The decade's biggest flop: Son Of Beast, Hard Rock Park

- The decade's biggest success: Holiday World

- The best meal you've had at a park: anything at Knoebel's

- The worst meal you've had at a park: the still-frozen mozz sticks I got at SFGAdv

- Best park turnaround: Kemah

- Worst park turnaround: Geauga Lake/SFWoA

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade?: Intamin coasters

- Favorite new coaster

EL TORO!!!

- Favorite new ride

hmm....I think I will go with the interactive dark rides like MIB or Toy Story. Rhino Rally was a very good concept and at the beginning a good ride..so it gets my second place

- Favorite new park

Gosh I did not go to any new park

Going to Disney again really early and crying when they did the show before opening the park

Kingda Ka...I was scare out of my mind when we climbed so high

- Least favorite coaster

Galaxy spin (cypress garden)

- Least favorite ride

Those bouncy things from Zamperla!!!! They tickle toooo much

- Least favorite park

Cypress Gardens

Mission Space

King Kong rides....

Hard Rock Park and Son Of Beast and Flying turns from knobles

Hmmmm....Dunno. BEC parks, Dollywood, Holiday park all come to mind

Busch Gardens Tampa BBQ!!! Awesome ribs, with fries and soda just under $10

The stupid and expensive fast food at ALL the Disney park, The burgers were nasty and the whole meal was like $12! Same goes for SFOT stupid taco salad for like $12 aswell

- Best park turnaround

Busch Gardens Tampa, SFMM, Disneyland Paris

- Worst park turnaround

SFKK, Hard rock park to Freestyle Music Park, Knotts!

Launching Coasters, Gimmicks (floorless), Skipping line tickets, etc

- Favorite new coaster: Diamondback, simply because I wasn't expecting much and was greatly surprised

- Favorite new ride: Tower of Terror

- Most memorable park moment : Animal Kingdom after closing. We were at the back of the park taking our time. It had been raining off and on so the park was empty by this time. Finally got to the front and were trading pins with a cast member. Just then the park closing celebration pulled up. Was all the characters and about 20 of us at the most, very personal and one on one for the kids the whole time.

- Least favorite coaster: The Dark Knight, SFGA - Can this even be considered a coaster? My son is a huge Batman fan so we waited in line 2 hours for this pile of manure.

- Least favorite ride: Will add another coaster, Superman: Ultimate Flight, SFG The inverted, head first loop did me in. Never was that sick on any ride

- Least favorite park: SFGA, nothing major about the park, we just were lucky enough to hit it on it's highest attendance day

- The decade's biggest flop: SFKK, was one of the worst parks in the 90s and they did nothing to change it

- The decade's biggest success: Have to be Disney, no other park can compete on shear scale

- The best meal you've had at a park: Counting resorts, Ohana dinner...not counting resorts, Tusker House due to the friendliness of the hosts

- The worst meal you've had at a park: Cosmic Rays always seem to be cold and over-cooked

Considering I was 6 when the decade started, this is more like my theme park-lover life so far in review...

- Favorite new coaster: Terminator Salvation

- Favorite new ride: Tower of Terror

- Most memorable park moment: Going to Disneyland with all my friends in 7Th grade. I don't think I'm ever going to forget standing on Main Street watching the fireworks, looking around seeing that there's nobody else I'd rather be enjoying that trip with but all of the people surrounding me.

- Most memorable coaster moment: First Intamin - California Screamin'... where I learned that proper roller coasters actually don't hurt?!

- Best ERT Session: Not official ERT but riding Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain 3 times in a row with no wait was really cool to me.

- Least favorite coaster: I went to California's Great America so I'm pretty sure you guys can guess!

- Least favorite ride: An Octopus at a local carnival.

- Least favorite park: Fun Forest Amusement Park, the home of the lamest/most drugged up ride operators ever.

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced: Maverick. For some reason it had us all mesmerized while it was being built. I remember checking the site constantly for construction updates!

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced: Kangaroo Bounce at Wild Waves

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!): Finding TPR and seeing all the sweet videos and browsing through the actually active topics (A rarity when it comes to coaster lover websites)!

- The decade's biggest flop: Hard Rock Park... so sad.

- The decade's biggest success: INTAMIN

- The best meal you've had at a park: Pizza at Disney because I was so busy riding rides all day that when I finally stopped to eat anything tasted amazing!

- The worst meal you've had at a park: Orange Chicken at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It kinda ruined the love I previously had for that food.

- Best park turnaround: Six Flags Magic Mountain.

- Worst park turnaround: I would say Hard Rock Park but it wasn't even a turnaround! It was doomed before it even opened.

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade?: Intamin ownage.

- Favorite new coaster-I would have to say the best 2 coasters were built the beginning of the decade, SROS @ SFNE and Boulderdash @ Lake Compounce.

- Favorite new ride-S&S Sceaming Swings

- Favorite new park- I didnt get a chance to visit any new parks built this decade

- Most memorable park moment- It would have to be filming the commercial for Boulderdash the first season it debuted

- Most memorable coaster moment- So many to choose from but i would have to go with my first rollback on Top Thrill Dragster, or my first ride on SROS@SFNE on mediaday in 2000.

- Best ERT session- Every super hero celebration i went to at SFNE since SROS opened in 2000.

- Least favorite coaster-there was 2 i rode this past decade that are no longer around Viper @ Gradv and Hercules @ Dorney

- Least favorite ride- Kingda Ka @ Gradv (waiste of money IMO)

- Least favorite park-SFKK

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced- I think all the air powered rides built by S&S

- Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced- Topple Tower @ Dollywood (POS)

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!)- I guess my only TPR moment was meeting Big Mike at ride the bull event at Gradv

- The decade's biggest flop- The rise and fall of Geauga Lake, SF Ohio, SFWOA, Geauga Lake.

- The decade's biggest success- B&M, Intemin, And Lo-Que

- The best meal you've had at a park- i would say at the Preservation conferrence at Lake Compounce in 08

- The worst meal you've had at a park- the meal we had at Gradv at the ride the bull event everything was ice cold

- Best park turnaround- Riverside park has grown so much this past decade since it was branded SFNE in 2000

- Worst park turnaround - Wild West world

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? Launch coasters, Cable lifthills, Lo-Que

- Favorite new coaster: X/X2, Terminator Salvation: The Ride

- Favorite new ride: Monster Mansion

- Favorite new park: IOA opened right before the decade began, but I'd still say its my favorite "new park" i've been to.

- Most memorable park moment: Making a random, 1st time, cross-country weekend visit to BGE before Big Bad Wolf closed. Visiting my first mega park, SFMM.

- Most memorable coaster moment: Riding Thunderhead for the first time, a very giggly ride experience. Riding my first ever coaster with inversions, the Canyon Blaster at Adventuredome at the beginning of the decade.

- Best ERT session: Thunderhead during Deep South '09

- Least favorite coaster: The Flying Coaster at Elitch Gardens

- Least favorite park: Elitch Gardens

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced: 4-D roller coaster

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced: Moto Coasters & the Volare model flying coasters

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!): Finding out about TPR, reading the hilarious trip reports, attending my first TPR trip this past summer, watching the Hoodie Movies, and TPR's 24 Days of Christmas.

- The decade's biggest flop: Son of Beast & Hard Rock Park

- The decade's biggest success: Intamin

- The best meal you've had at a park: Anything at Dollywood, the food there was AMAZING

- The worst meal you've had at a park: Carowinds' wanna-be "taco-bell style" mexican food on the Deep South 09 trip.

- Best park turnaround: SFMM, park i've visited the most consistently and they've been doing a good job.

- Worst park turnaround: Knotts or SFKK

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? height and speed, Q-bots, and on-board audio system makeovers

Just going to pick out a few....

Favorite new coaster: Millennium Force. Though I know many might criticize the choice, the sad thing to me is that it debuted right at the start of the decade, and was never surpassed.

Least favorite park: I'm going to give a pass to small parks that are (maybe) doing the best they can with what they've got, and go right to a big boy that does the least with what they've got: Carowinds. I like Top Gun a lot, and a few of their other coasters are okay. But the park has almost no non-coaster rides worth mentioning. What is does have is games--lots and lots of games. Oh, and abysmal employees. I once saw the entire staff of Vortex (including the controls person) leave the station (with the ride running and a loaded train stopped on the brakes) to go open queue. There is only one piece of queue that can be adjusted on Vortex.

The best meal you've had at a park: Somehow, I managed to get my name randomly selected as "Adventurer of the Month" when I worked at IOA. One of the prizes for this was a $200 gift certificate for the Universal restaurant of my choice. One caveat: It could only be used for myself and one other person. Meaning that I was more or less forced to be outrageously extravagant at Mythos--especially since I don't drink. I think I had, like, 6 desserts.

The worst meal you've had at a park: Some crappy cheeseburger at Six Flags Over Texas. I like the park, but their food is a weakness.

Best park turnaround: Dollywood. Not that it was bad before, but they've gone from a curiosity to an absolute must-visit in the last 10 years.

Worst park turnaround: Knott's Berry Farm, unquestionably. Even parks that got completely torn down weren't raped as badly as KBF. All the sadder that it used to be my favorite park. Cedar Fair's worst crime, and the one that I will never forgive them for.

Worst New Ride: Pilgrim's Plunge. Holiday World's first misstep in a long time, this "looks like it was designed for Cedar Point" shoot-the-chutes actually makes me like the park less than before it was built. An amazing accomplishment for a ride that didn't even replace anything.

Best New Ride: Men In Black: Alien Attack. From start to finish, the best themed ride in existence. Tons of fun, immense replay value--heck, it even has the best on-ride photo I've ever seen. MIB literally makes every other shooting dark ride look cheap by comparison.

- Favorite new coaster

-El Toro

-Kingda Ka

- Favorite new ride

-Sling Shot

- Favorite new park

-Did not go to any

-Disney World both times with my ex boyfriend

-My first ride on Kingda Ka

- Best ERT session

-Phoenix

- Least favorite coaster

-Griffon

-Apollo's Chariot

-Alphengeist

- Least favorite ride

-N/A

- Least favorite park

-Kings Dominion

-Expedition Everest

-Most motion similators

-Since i can not afford the trips it would be just looking at the pics on the site

-Hard Rock Park

-Dollywood

-Anything Disney ( I am obsessed )

-the Drive in place at Disney Pixar Studios

-Most Six Flags meals

- Best park turnaround

-Freestyle Music Park

- Worst park turnaround

-Six Flags America

-Big companies buying/starting amusements

Might as well have fun with this:

- Favorite new coaster- Boulder Dash

- Favorite new ride- Escape from Pompeii

- Favorite new park-Busch Gardens Europe

- Most memorable park moment- When it started to rain and my friends hair-dye went all down his face.

- Most memorable coaster moment- Later that day, on Bizarro (then Superman), my friend's hair was everywhere and the dye was still on his face. The lad sitting next to me blurted out "Dude, you look like you had the best sex of your life!" Never going to forget that.

- Least favorite coaster- Canobie Corkscrew

- Least favorite park- La Ronde

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced- Any of the PAX death machines and ZacSpins.

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced- The Half-pipe.

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!)- BonBon Land and Farup Sommerland videos are my personal favourites.

- The decade's biggest flop- B&M in general. They still make good coasters, but nothing innovative or spectacular in recent years.

- The decade's biggest success- Great Coaster International: They've turned themselves into a powerhouse when it comes to the wooden twister and putting that type of wooden roller coasters "back into style".

- Best park turnaround- Six Flags New England

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade?- For both wood and steel, I think its the return of the idea of the compact coasters and the innovations that we've seen, such as the Eurofighter, the X-Car, the Spinning Coaster, GCI's woodies, some of Intamin's Rockets, and the Mega-Lites.

- Favorite new coaster - X/X2. It was my favorite coaster before and after the remodel.

- Favorite new ride - Also X2.

- Favorite new park - Not a new park but I visited Scandia for the first time. The Screamer was somewhat of a hidden gem for me. I liked it much more than I expected to.

- Most memorable park moment - Season Pass Appreciation Day at SFMM. I rode X2 over a dozen times and still got on every other coaster multiple times each in only six hours.

- Most memorable coaster moment - My first ever rides on X, Tatsu, Terminator Salvation, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder and Xcelerator.

- Best ERT session - Not technically ERT, but Season Pass Appreciation Day was close. We were allowed to ride any ride we wanted as many times as we chose to, without exiting the trains.

- Least favorite coaster - Pony Express. Short, boring and almost forceless.

- Least favorite ride - Also Pony Express.

- Least favorite park - Hard to say I don't like any of the parks I have been to, but I don't enjoy Disneyland or DCA very much, just because there aren't enough thrill rides.

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced - X2

- Least interesting ride you've seen introduced - Pony Express.

- The decade's biggest flop - Hard Rock Park

- The decade's biggest success - Not sure. I didn't always follow all the developments like I have in the last couple years. At the moment Legoland California comes to mind.

- The best meal you've had at a park - Almost anything at the Mooseburger Lodge at SFMM or the Ghost Town Grille at KBF.

- The worst meal you've had at a park - The taco combo at SFMM and an ice cold chili cheese dog at KBF.

- Favorite new coaster

Balder

- Favorite new ride

Ghost House at Liseberg or SCAD Tower at Tivoli Friheden

- Favorite new park

Liseberg (I didn't go to any parks that were created in the last decade so "new to me")

SCAD Tower at Tivoli Friheden or Halloween Horror Nights Universal 2009.

First ride on Dragster in Aug 2003 at 11.45pm, sitting at the lights wondering if I had bitten off more than I can chew, amazed I was actually at Cedar Point

- Best ERT session

Boulder Dash, but every night session was amazing and special

- Least favorite coaster

Roller Soaker at Hershey

- Least favorite ride

The Ranger at Luna Park Sydney

- Least favorite park

Luna Park Sydney

Revenge of the Mummy - Orlando

Journey To Atlantis - San Diego

Reverse Expedition GeForce POV with the camera mounted on the front of the train

Hard Rock Park, so ill conceived it borders on criminal

Intamin pushing the envelope

Bakken buffet TPR Scandi tour

LaRonde - the hamburger tasted like ham

- Best park turnaround

Magic Mountain (Valencia not Merimbula)

- Worst park turnaround

Knott's Berry Farm

Parks playing it safe with coaster investments, gradually moving away from prototypes of the early to mid noughties

- Favorite new coaster

Titan: SFOT.

- Favorite new ride

Zoom: Lakeside.

Hyperventilating while in line for Wild Chipmunk at Lakeside because a colony of 2in. spiders decided to move in and weave webs between the bushes above the line.

Screaming at friends that my eyesight was leaving and I had drool all over my face the first time we went on Titan: SFOT.

- Best ERT session

Riding Sidewinder at Elitch's 5 times in a row in the back seat. No one was in line, the park the just opened, and we booked it up those freaking stairs.

- Least favorite coaster

That opened in the decade? Flying Coaster: Elitch Gardens.

Of all time? Rattler: SFFT. (Whoever designed that ride hates spines and wants to see them die.)

- Least favorite ride

Rock-N-Rocket: SFOT.

Pax Loop 500 and Vekoma Stingray.

- Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced.

Vekoma Big Air.

I just recently joined TPR so all of it has been awesome!

Flying Coaster: Elitch Gardens. Buying a FACTORY NEW coaster and closing it after four years just doesn't seem to make sense even if the ride sucked.

- The decade's biggest success.

Top Thrill Dragster: CP

Employee Cafeteria when I worked at Elitch Gardens.

Stale pizza at Lakeside. (Bring your own if you visit there.)

- Best park turnaround

Being my home park is Elitch Gardens, I have seen tremendous improvement since PARC took it over. Is it the best turn around? Probably not, but I don't have much knowledge about other parks.

Fighting to be the tallest and fastest.

- Favorite new coaster: Storm Runner - Hershey Park

- Favorite new ride: Mission: Space - EPCOT

- Favorite new park: Favorite "New to me" park was EPCOT. Favorite new park this decade was Legoland, CA

- Most memorable park moment: Wow, so many. My first times walking into EPCOT, Magic Kingdom and IOA certainly stand-out

- Most memorable coaster moment: Water ERT on Tony Hawk at SFDK

- Best ERT session: Water Wars on Tony Hawk at SFDK

- Least favorite coaster: If this is for least favorite "New" Coaster it would have to be Pony Express (Knott's)

- Least favorite ride: Kaos

- Least favorite park: Least favorite "New to me park" was Dorney

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced: Rocket Coaster

- Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced: Kaos

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!): Just the overall feeling of awesomeness when the boards started.

- The decade's biggest flop: Disney's California Adventure (even though I like the park)

- The decade's biggest success: Intamin

- The best meal you've had at a park: So many at EPCOT and IOA

- The worst meal you've had at a park: "Mexican" food at Disneyland

- Best park turnaround: Disney's California Adventure (at least I hope so)

- Worst park turnaround: Knott's

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? Faster/Higher = Better?

Favorite new coaster- Bizarro (s:ROS) SFNE

- Favorite new ride- Thunder N Lightning (LC)

- Favorite new park- I guess I'd have to go with DCA because I haven't been to any other new parks

- Most memorable park moment- Going to Universal Studios Florida with my dad.

- Most memorable coaster moment - Riding Goliath at SFMM and breaking my fear of coasters

- Best ERT session- Ha I wish...

- Least favorite coaster- Canyon Blaster- The Great Escape

- Least favorite ride- Nightwing - SFNE

- Least favorite park - The Great Escape

- Most interesting ride you've seen introduced- Pilgrim Plunge

- Least interesting ride you've seen intoduced- Splash Battles in general

- Your favorite TPR moment (favorite post, trip report, video, whatever!) - Definitely following the Big Mike road show!

- The decade's biggest flop - Hard Rock Park

- The decade's biggest success - Intamin Plug n' Play woodies/ GCI or just the evolution of wooden coasters in general

- The best meal you've had at a park - Mythos at IOA

- The worst meal you've had at a park - Anything I had at Magic Mountain

- Best park turnaround- Six Flags Magic Mountain

- Worst park turnaround - Six Flags New England

- What was the biggest trend of this past decade? - building coasters bigger and trying to break every record

Favorite New Coaster-El Toro (Hailing from Canada, I never knew wooden coasters could be smooth AND ridiculously packed with airyime--the Minebuster is to blame.) or Behemoth (Sitting in the back rowbeing dragged down the first drop = five stars.)

Favorite New Ride-maXair. Oh. My. Gawwwwd.

Favorite Park-A Tie Between SFMM/Cedar Point

Least Favorite Park-Gauega Lake, good thing it closed.

Most intersting new ride concept:

Arrow 4th-Dimension/Intamin Rocket Coasters

Least interesting new ride concept:

Anything B&M with The Reinvention of Dive Machines, Flying Coasters and New Trains on Hypercoasters being exceptions

Most Memorable Moment-My dad screaming like a girl on Thunder Run (The powered coaster that goes through Wonder Mountain in

Wonderland.)

Favorite TPR Moment-90 DEGREES! And everything else that followed.

Best Park Food-A Tie Between the International Festival Funnel Cakes and The Pizza Pizza Panzerotti's in Canadas Wonderland. So f**king good!

Worst Food-Subway near Wild Beast in Wonderland. Old Bread and Moldy Tomatoes suck, period.

Biggest Success-Millenium Force

Biggest Flop-The Dreadful Freestyle Music Park and possibly Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

The Trends?-Woodies, Record-Breakers, and Family-Fun Awesomeness.