TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Project Dragster!

Alrighty, I have been working on a new project for some time now! Its going to come as no surprise to you that I am recreating Top Thrill Dragster! I have wanted to do this for a long time, and now I am finally doing it! All my progress will be posted here, so be sure to check back often for updates! I am going to start off by posting what would be like construction of the ride! I will post my progress, and where I got my inspiration from! Enjoy, and comment!

~Matthew

p4300.jpg.0dbcf9bb74ceb19a71ee5b52723faef7.jpg

And this is where I got my idea for my first construction photo!!

2.jpg.03636437d19d4018da28cabf5d10e41d.jpg

My "progress" Dont worry there is much more done than this, but I want to post it as a "construction" thing!

1.jpg.e342c418d712356ac65e08c2b008ec5c.jpg

Over view of the layout... Not that everyone doesn't already know what it looks like. Ohhh and the trains. Yes I know Dragster has red seats... The colors will be changed! Now worries!

Edited by thrillrideseeker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so clearly this will not be the best recreation ever. I know the top hat looks super strange, I will work on it, but the G's stay green like this. When I make it more... "Pointy" like the real one all the G's go red, and its cresting the hill at 7-8mph just like the real one. Anywho...

UPDATE:

The supports have been changed as suggested. I think they look much better now! I know that the yellow is way to bright. That will be changed in time, as will the rest of the coloring issues with the ride. Here is new photo of the supports. Let me know what you guys think. I think that the base looks really narrow, but it lines up with the tower, so I am hoping it is ok! Let me know what else can be done to improve!

~Matthew

1.jpg.7b2a92dab7525ffe793d362901bbcffa.jpg

Better?

^ Yes! They are as large as can be. They are XXL tubes. I know right? They sure don't look big enough.

Update 3: Tower Supports Are Finished!

Alrighty so I have finished the main part of the tower. I do not have it connected to the track yet. That is still being worked on. I have also changed the colors of the supports so they are not so bright yellow, and so that the are a little closer to the color of the actual supports. Let me know what you guys think! Its not perfect, but I like it so far. Comments, welcome! Let me know how it could be improved!

~Matthew

3.jpg.a3d39b94f1c5cee53d6f6c459607281f.jpg

2.jpg.64b60bdd0bbc2d2f06d679cb704aa6dd.jpg

1.jpg.5c22534d0ad984f1d283b2e702924172.jpg

^ I hate to say this, but I will not be able heartline the tower. I know that it will not be a perfect recreation without being heartlined, but I just dont know how to heartline. I have downloaded the AHG thing, and I have no idea how to work it, the track always ends up like upside down or something crazy like that!

~Matthew

Update

I have a quick update for you guys! There has been a lot of work on this project, but for some reason all the hours I have put into working on this really ends up looking like I have not done much at all. Kind of sad, but either way here is what all has been going on!

- Lot's of work on the tower!

- Elevator tower has been installed.

- Catwalks are starting to go in on the tower.

- Transfer area has started taking shape.

- The station foundation is starting to come together.

- The red & white launch track is now red, and white rather than just red.

- The top of the tower has now been connected to the support tower.

Most of the photos are only going to show the tower progress, for now. I am saving the station progress for another day. As always comment and let me know what you think!

EDIT: Does anyone have the Coastersims Park Pack file that you could post on here!? I need it, but cant find the download anywhere online! Thanks!

~Matthew

4.jpg.c4e125d59f7391a0055209d030b52105.jpg

I think it looks good, considering I suck at NoLimits!

3.jpg.ff11e35fee4861d1a2919bb2359793e2.jpg

Red & White, Red & White, Red & White!

2.jpg.30b2ea12fcec7f1665316d34ad244624.jpg

Catwalk work!

1.jpg.f7a6a8b0354b1556166aea86a5919cdd.jpg

Looks a bit different than it did before!

^^ It was not part of the station... It was actually part of the "Catchcar Trough"

^ Thank you, but I doubt it will be good enough to replace anyone's coaster!

UPDATE:

Hours and hours have been spent on this project so far, and I would say that it is not even 1/3 of the way done. There has been a lot of work on the tower supports. The tower itself it almost done, but there is till a lot left to do. None of the track is connected to the tower yet, except for the very top. The only part of the ride that has been supported is the launch track... So needless to say there is still a lot of work to be done. Anyway's this update will include photos of the transfer area that has began construction, the catchcar trough... well the little bit of it that is done so far, and part of the launch pulley thing!! YES, I know the catchcar trough on the real Dragster is embedded in the track, but with this being nolimits if I were to embed it in the track then it would be covered by cross ties, so to make it look good it is raised. As always, comment and let me know what you guys think!

~Matthew

3.jpg.c71bbbfc235757eb073d07aa97d77f31.jpg

The catch car trough so far! What do you think?

2.jpg.c52b1fdf9f6d2f6af65816dcaf30efd5.jpg

Not sure what to call this thing, but I know Dragster has one, and it moves around a lot when the train launches!

1.jpg.9594e4d6b808d9b834c781037811156a.jpg

The start of the transfer area...

Update:

- The station construcion has started...

- Random rides have been placed including a "Power Tower"

- The "webcam" has been installed.

- The que has began.

- The tower has been under going more work.

Thats pretty much it for now! Enjoy the photos, and let me know what you think!

~Matthew

4.jpg.76d4d85585b756257da48dd40070a881.jpg

Just like the real thing...

3.jpg.2dadfe0c499f76dad3eb74a9d8758a0b.jpg

Power Tower!

2.jpg.c735e9f5afaeff2f65262611fea577d8.jpg

Que line...

1.jpg.f8adfaa54f23436e6c72372a73faf86e.jpg

Station!

Alrighty guys, sorry for the double post, but I have an update for you all...

UPDATE:

Project Dragster is well under way. Over the past few days I have got several things done including the "wall" seperating the que line from the transfer area.

Done

- Launch Support

- Main Tower

- Transfer Area Cement

- Transfer Tracks

Still To Do

- Connect The Track To The Tower

- Tower Catwalks

- Support The Brake run

- Finish The Station

- Finish The Unload Station

- Finish The transfer area

- Start, and Finish The hydraulic building

- Finish The Tower Elevator

- Make The Lagoon

- and... MUCH MORE!

So looking at the project all together I would say I am not even half way done yet, but the "larger" parts are finished. Here are some photo's of the progress. Comment and let me know what you think. Ohhh and I am starting a new rule! If no one comments I will not post an update. This is to avoid to much double posting! So leave some comments!

~Matthew

4.jpg.a1426adc0f03ec0ef33bec53ffc3f7f6.jpg

Transfer Area Again...

3.jpg.3220094a58d25d17eec999e01b2d0843.jpg

The Start Of The "Maintenance Area"

2.jpg.00d6047ec6955972f6da4e87eb237cbe.jpg

Transfer Area...

1.jpg.729c740c608d7ac931b627b29917a972.jpg

More Station Work...