TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

^True but I will never waste my time and body riding it again!

I just rode it on the 23rd on the greenish-blueish train. I think it may have gotten new restraints (still super hard), but they seemed smaller, it didnt give my head a total bashing when I rode it!

Nice to see new trains. I will have to give it another shot then the next time I visit the mountain

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tear down Millennium Force, because it would undoubtedly lead to the greatest TPR thread in history.

If you did that it would be a good idea to go into witness protection.

Nope. Then I'd miss out on the greatest fanboy war the planet has ever seen. And I'd want a front row seat, a beer, and a bowl of popcorn to watch the pointless insanity that would ensue.

Predator at Darien Lake. The ride is VERY rough. I almost threw up and I never feel like that on roller coasters. Every time I go to Darien Lake with different people we all say the same thing when we look at Predator, "Yeah right!"

I second that, Predator really is a POS.

I am also in the Son of Beast group. I will never ride that coaster ever again.

There's a good chance nobody will.

Shockwave @ KD to replace it with some type of swing ride like Maxair/Sky Hawk.

Why so much hate for Shockwave? I love that ride. It is so much more fun that B&M, and I love the airtime the backseat(coach) gives!

Definitely would have to go with both Hurlers as they both gave about the same kind of nauseating headache when they were over.

Shockwave @ KD to replace it with some type of swing ride like Maxair/Sky Hawk.

Why so much hate for Shockwave? I love that ride. It is so much more fun that B&M, and I love the airtime the backseat(coach) gives!

Definitely would have to go with both Hurlers as they both gave about the same kind of nauseating headache when they were over.

Here's some reasons why Shockwave should come down

1. It hurts

2. It was supposed to be sold, but no one wanted it

3. The harnesses are really unstable (or at least seem so)

4. The trains stop for like 4 minutes before pulling into the station

5. It kicks you in the nuts

6. It killed 2 people

7. ^Seriously!

8. No one rides it, the lines are almost never long

^^I think only one person has died on Shockwave, and that was because the kid wiggled out of the restraints and got tossed off. Darwin has never been prouder (well, the decapitation at SFoG might have been better).

The only other incident was about a year later when a 13-year-old thought his restraint wasn't secured properly and he wiggled out of the coaster and jumped onto the catwalk on the lift hill.

^^I think only one person has died on Shockwave, and that was because the kid wiggled out of the restraints and got tossed off. Darwin has never been prouder (well, the decapitation at SFoG might have been better).

The only other incident was about a year later when a 13-year-old thought his restraint wasn't secured properly and he wiggled out of the coaster and jumped onto the catwalk on the lift hill.

Yeah, as much as it is these people's fault that they got hurt, it just proves that the harnesses are easy to get out of, which is NOT a good sign. I think the dude who died got flung out around the helix. Ouch...

Im in agreement with the person that said Revolution. That is one painful ride!

Okay, I officially hate this thread now.

Revolution is one the greatest rides ever built. Sure, it sucks now. But it could be completely fixed for less money and effort than it would take to tear it down.

/Yeah, I know. If I hate it, I should stay away.

//Continue to talk about your least favorite coasters in this poorly concieved "taer it down!" thread.

^ Sounds like Psyclone's mirror-image brother might meet the same fate at some point.

Eric

How funny would that be, all of the repro's of the original Cyclone would be gone long before their granddaddy in Coney Island!!! Maybe it thinks it's the shit and has cursed all the copycats LMAO!!!

Im in agreement with the person that said Revolution. That is one painful ride!

Okay, I officially hate this thread now.

Revolution is one the greatest rides ever built. Sure, it sucks now. But it could be completely fixed for less money and effort than it would take to tear it down.

/Yeah, I know. If I hate it, I should stay away.

//Continue to talk about your least favorite coasters in this poorly concieved "taer it down!" thread.

Don't hate the thread for one post

I normally even love bad coasters, but the one that I thought was so horrible that I would never fathom riding it again was Iron Wolf at SFGA. Worst coaster ever! (on my relatively short credit list at least)

Part of me would also not mind to see a peaceful end put to Rattler, but it's just so cool up on the quarry wall.

It would be a tie between GA Cyclone and Shockwave at KD. But my first choice would be GA Cyclone. Havent ridden it in 2 years because it got so rough. Burn It Down!

Good lord! What is with all the hatred of Shockwave on this thread?! How many stand ups give ejector air?? This one does! It may hand out a jolt or two as well but nothing horrible IMO. There are much worse out there...like Mantis.

Anyway, I will agree with GA Cyclone getting my vote... its horrible. My back hurt for over a year. Fairly good in front row only...even 2nd row is god awful. At least Psyclone's roughness could be blamed an earthquake. GA cyclone causes its own quakes it shakes so much.

GA cyclone even took out Chuck Norris.

I'd have to agree with the boomerangs. A nice flat (or two) could be put into the footprint of one.

I have to disagree. Yes, most boomerangs suck, however, the Boomerangs that are actually decent like Cobra at Walibi (Which is sadly probably the parks best steel coaster now) and of course the Boomerang at Wiener Prater, which IMO is one of the best Vekoma Rides on earth, should deserve to live.

As for what ride I would tear down, probably Grizzly at GA and/or Limit at Heide Park. Both rides easily make the bottom of my list.

--James

The first coaster that sprang to mind was Villain (Geauga Lake), the only coaster that seriously hurt me. But since good sense prevailed, and we saw the end of it in 2007 I'll go for my second choice: X:\ No Way Out (Thorpe Park).

I see two possibilities:

> open up pyramid

> tear out X:\ No Way Out

> replace with other coaster (Even an apple-ride would be better in the dark.)

> close pyramid

two: demolish everything that's there and use cleared space for something useful.