TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're awful coasters.

Blue Streak? I mean unless they've changed the headrests with soft pillows of love and replaced the track so with every curve you aren't thrown into the car, then I'm pretty sure they should replace it.

And Mean Streak. Replace it with a GCI.

Great question... There are plenty that are worthy to be burned, but the one most suitable...

That I've ridden, I'd have to say Mean Streak. It's rough as heck and isn't CP's most popular coaster by any means. Unless it got a fantastic Texas Giant style rehab, I wouldn't mind it going.

That I haven't ridden, Son of Beast. That ride takes up a huge amount of land, is painful, and has been standing for a while now. Kings Island could easily make room for something a lot better.

Tear down Mean Streak, transport it to Cincinnati, pile it up inside the layout of Son of Beast, light a match and enjoy Ohio's biggest and best ever bonfire!

Only one problem with that: You can't burn treated wood without releasing toxins into the air!

^ Burn down Blue Streak while you’re at it

and

Because they're awful coasters.

Blue Streak? I mean unless they've changed the headrests with soft pillows of love and replaced the track so with every curve you aren't thrown into the car, then I'm pretty sure they should replace it.

And Mean Streak. Replace it with a GCI.

Blue Streak is arguably one of the top 7 coasters, and easily the best woodie, at Cedar Point. It has plenty of airtime and is still fairly smooth for being almost 50 years old. Were you in a wheel seat? Because that's usually a bad idea on a woodie.

And curves? What curves? It's an out and back design...

But Mean Streak can go straight to the plywood factory!

I would tear down rolling thunder at SFGA. In its spot I would put a better wooden racer that actually races!

You mean SFGAdv? SFGA is Great America. Sometimes RT races. Either way though it was amazingly fun, a lot less rough then I expected. if they need to take down Rolling Thunder they really need to take down Blue Streak @ CP too.

Gwazi.

First rode Lion back in 2005 and I kind of enjoyed it even though it was semi-brutal. I took a spin on Lion 2 weeks ago with the new trains and found it to be just awful. No joke, it was one of the worse experiences I've had on a wooden coaster to date. Jarring, jack hammering, shuffling , slamming... all that stuff. Maybe it was having a bad day? who knows...It just doesn't fit in the park from my point of view.