TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Premium Membership Questionnaire

Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.  

636 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.

• Yes
    • No

^I would say the fact that you are asking for input and thoughts of those who would join shows a difference, where as from what I have gathered about other organizations, it is usually a few who make the decisions.

In general, I think it sounds like a great program, and would certainly consider joining now that I have some stable income and a bit more freedom to roam now.

-Gary T.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well that sounds limiting. Why join a new, premium forum, only to be told you can't post something. Why not just post all that in the regular - non paying - forums?

Not trying to be snarky here. But, I guess I just saying the whole point of a premium service in its very nature promotes an elite class.

When I go to the MET, I pay a premium price to sit in the box seats for a reason and not in the cheaper Family Circle seats. And I'm happy to pay it. This is America right??

Thomas

You would not paying to join a premium forum. You would be purchasing a benefit package. One aspect of the benefit package is a forum where specific info needs to be conveyed to these benefit package participants.

Robb can not stop cliques from forming but he can and will limit the kinds of threads in this sub forum.

Creating threads in the main forum to discuss events/opportunities that are not open to everyone can be both very boring and rude at the same time.

As Robb has stated many times they are already multiple sub-forums on the site that revolve around trips. For example the Scandi Trip board from 2009's trip had threads about: coasters on the trip, dark rides, calculating how much spare cash to bring, help on finding a roommate, sightseeing trips, extra nights in the hotel, plane arrivals, passport info, get to know your fellow travelers, info on the overnight ferries. These threads are not important to people not on the Scandi Trip. Posting stuff like this in the main forum would make the threads less effective as there would be a lot of "I wish I was going" posts.

Threads in the new "Club TPR Forum" would be similar, if R&E are scheduling a private trip to Edmonton for this group, this is where info would be posted. Why would the rest of TPR need to know what time to meet at the Edmonton airport?

If there are additional benefits that Robb negotiates (i.e.: Discount to Bob's Funland), he is going to post that in the Main Forum for all to see as that might cinch someone's decision to join. Robb and Elissa are not trying to create a secret society with this new forum just a two way communication stream to disseminate information to the proper people and stay orderly. They are not going to be secret Trip Reports, Videos posted in this new forum.

Robb: Apologies for repeating what you just said, I type slowly.

Threads in the new "Club TPR Forum" would be similar, if R&E are scheduling a private trip to Edmonton for this group, this is where info would be posted. Why would the rest of TPR need to know what time to meet at the Edmonton airport?

Is this some sort of hint or suggestion?

Cause I like that idea!!!

However, what exactly is the cost of the membership going for? I think for the price you guys should also do a free yearly DVD or newsletter for all that join, as well as the store credit. Just for like an added bonus to get people to join.

Read the update we just posted and combine that with the list on the front page.

Maybe I can get invited this time

Where's your forty bucks???

^ We would have to decide how it will affect 2010 trips.

We might have to just say that 2010 trips will not be affected as 2011 trip signups would happen within the first year of Club TPR being introduced.

But that being said, there is no decision one way or the other, and thank you for bringing that up!

--Robb

And we quite like the name "Club TPR" ... I think it has quite a nice ring to it.

Sounds like an ace name.

And for those not getting the joke, "ace" is also an adjective meaning "excellent." That is, I like the name as well.

Anyways, while I voted no because it isn't something I'd personally be interested in, I think this is a great idea for those who want to get a little more out of TPR. And based off other fan clubs and such, the price is certainly on point.

I guess my question is, how would that work? Would you limit postings in the premium forum areas? How do you stop people from becoming a clique?

Just curious.

Having done three trips (technically four) with TPR, I can assure you that everything the site offers (whether event or online) is open and best suited for every individual involved. To claim something clique-proof may be an overstatement, but that is to say that natural connections between certain people can't occur inside of the forum, even if they occur outside of it. As was said before, the Club TPR forum would be focused on Club TPR events and offerings and the benefits that accompany your membership. With that in mind, there isn't any reason to believe that a legitimate clique could form, considering that there isn't anything to divide members into separate groups. With membership in common and no individual factors to divvy the membership, I see no reason to believe that any cliques could form.

I think those of us that have experienced a TPR tour or event, or have taken full advantage of this site's many offerings know that when Robb and Elissa dedicate their time to something, they make sure that they are doing it the right way--not for themselves, but for all of those that make TPR the great community that it really is.

And for those not getting the joke, "ace" is also an adjective meaning "excellent." That is, I like the name as well.

I didn't get the joke... possibly because nobody has used the word "ace" to describe something since the 1940's.

At any rate, this Club TPR sounds like the bees' knees!

I didn't get the joke... possibly because nobody has used the word "ace" to describe something since the 1940's.

At any rate, this Club TPR sounds like the bees' knees!

HAHA! Bees' knees! Now that's something ...

You are also talking to someone who likes to swing dance. Heh.

I've seen it posted many times in this thread and in various other threads about how many members want to make sure this site stays ad free. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing ads on TPR. I would just hope they would only be theme park ads and were placed in a non intrusive way (no pop ups).

Robb and Elissa put so much in to this site and I really think this would make them a little cash. They deserve it!

I live in southern Ohio, the only parks I ever hear about are Kings Island and Cedar Point through TV, newspapers and Billboards. I know when one of these parks have something interesting going on or special promotions. It might be nice to see an ad posted here at TPR telling me about some Six Flag event or seeing ads from smaller parks like Holiday World and Indian Beach.

In a way this site already has ads if you pay any attention to the events calendar. All those links to forum posts talking about events happening all over the world at parks. What would be wrong if Dollywood handed some cash to TPR and put up a real ad for their Smoky Mountain Christmas event.

Hope this wasn't to off topic. I voted yes in the poll. Could see paying $40 to be a member to this site even though I have never been on one of the trips. Been a non paying member of this site for MANY years. I know my post count is very low for how long I've been a member here but that really doesn't show how much time I spend here. This is my most visited site. Love to read all the information found here and get a good laugh.

1. What are your initial thoughts?

I think it's a great idea for existing forum members who are frequently on here and attend some of the trips.

2. Can you think of anything else we could be offering?

Nothing I can think of right now.

3. Is this something that interests you?

Yes

4. Why would you NOT be interested in this?

I wouldn't be interested, because I don't benefit from the trip benefits since I haven't attended any... yet.

5. Any additional feedback you can give us based on the information you see here.

None at all

This is great and I think it's worth the $40!