TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Premium Membership Questionnaire

Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.  

636 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.

• Yes
    • No

But creating some kind of newsletter, perhaps in an electronic form either online or a CD that would "recap" the best, recent news, trip reports, features, articles, etc, is something we WOULD consider publishing on a regular

Robb,

Here is my one big suggestion: PLEASE make any potential publication a digital release. You and Elissa already have enough stuff to do with half a dozen trips and events every year; burning a few hundred CDs and shipping them across the world several times a year will cost you way too much time, money and stress.

I agree 100% with the above, you guys do more than enough already...why add more costs.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What are your initial thoughts?

Sounds great. Priority placement is fun, and being able to go on exclusive trips sounds good to (I've been on only one trip and met up once or twice, that doesn't count for being able to go on exclusive trips). More options to choose from if it comes to trips (such as exclusive ones) is always better!

2. Can you think of anything else we could be offering?

Printed news letter? Well... a PDF would be just fine if you choose to do the news letter that other people talked about.

I'm very interested in any park perks I could get outside of trips, of course for parks in the neighborhood. Before I'd sign up I'd like to know some examples for this!

3. Is this something that interests you?

Yeah!

4. Why would you NOT be interested in this?

If the park perks offered internationally have none that I would enjoy that much it would not be very interested. If the amount of people who sign up clogs all trips, I'd rather not sign up (not saying I wouldn't).

5. Any additional feedback you can give us based on the information you see here.

No that's about it!

Remember that with each $40/$50 membership you would instantly be getting $15 of that back in TPR Store credit!

-Cool.. I never bought anything from it but perhaps this would be the time

A pretty cool idea. I can see that this is going to create direct competition for ACE, it is simply the logical step forwards and by doing this you will be able to further solidify TPRs reputation amongst the amusement industry.

Try to keep the benefits as international as possible. A preliminary list of available park events etc would be appreciated before sign up.

The membership card should also look very official complete with photo, member ID etc. It should be something that could easily be presented to a park and that the park will be able to accept without question.

Yes, but I wouldn't get it immediately, if at all.

I simply do not think that I would use it enough. I just don't have time. Maybe in the future when I start doing more TPR trips I might want to use it but at the present it simply isn't feasible.

5. Any additional feedback you can give us based on the information you see here.

I wish you the very best of luck with this project but I have my doubts as to how many people will actually sign up for it. This is largely due to the demographics of TPR. A large proportion of the community is under 18, it is very unlikely they will sign up for it. There is also a large proportion in the 18-25 bracket, many of these are at universities across the world and will most likely not have the time/money to use the membership. I hope that I am wrong since I want the very best for the site.

1. Sounds like a great idea to be honest for the more seasoned TPR member.

2. Maybe membership discounts in the store on DVD's etc as well?

3. Yes it would interest me, pending the below

4. My only concern is that it will be focussed around the US members and us UK based members might not get the full potental out of our membership cards.

5. Saying that I do think its a great idea, and would probably encourage shy people like me to come along to meets in the future too.

I like the idea of the premium membership especially when you mention "discounts" and "early access" to info.

I think that instead of doing a $15 credit to the TPR store that you could offer one new DVD per year for free or like a deal where you buy

the DVD and the get the Ipod version for free. Maybe do like an extra goodie bag during Christmas (end of year) or like perhaps for a big trip that you have going.

Yes.

Well it all depends on the value of what is offered, but doesn't everything?

I'm not sure that the exclusive forum would be great. I would hate to miss out on something or be unable to read a post because it is in

some member only forum.

Hell it would be something I would be VERY interested in, not so much for the perks but for helping to keep the site Ad Free!

I brought a TPR shirt last year, and it's still in great condition so i'd use the store credit to get another one. The park perk's sound like a brilliant idea, however the Australian parks are very stingy so they probably wouldn't offer anything in return for being a TPR member.

But count me as interested!

I'm sort of in the same boat as a few others in that coaster events aren't really run by parks here in Australia, so that aspect of membership has no real advantage for me.

The perks with respect to trips don't have much advantage for me either....I wouldn't mind doing a TPR trip at some point, but it comes down to when they are run since there are only certain times of the year I can travel, so its a bit up the air whether a perk like that would be useful to me.

I would agree with the concerns about establishing a special premium members forum, because it would lead to a situation where people are posting on there in preference to the main forums, which breaks up the community, denies non premium members access to discussions they might find interesting, and could sort of lead to too much of an enclave forming.

I would agree with the concerns about establishing a special premium members forum, because it would lead to a situation where people are posting on there in preference to the main forums, which breaks up the community, denies non premium members access to discussions they might find interesting, and could sort of lead to too much of an enclave forming.

Like I said, we aready technically have 18 "private access" discusson forums going on RIGHT NOW and does it affect the main forums at all?

I can't say it enough times - I wouldn't let this happen.

--Robb "Are people actually reading any of my responses?" Alvey

1. Sounds great!

2. I really think that is more than enough. For $40/$50 you are getting a really sweet deal.

3. Very much so.

4. I know there won't be as much international perks compared to the US, but I'm sure we won't be left out! I'm interested to see how this will work.

5. I think this is going to be a very positive step for TPR. This is the only membership from a enthusiast group that has interested me. I know if TPR are going to do it, they're going to do it right.

I find it a good thing

Not at this moment

Yes

- - - - - - - -

Its a good idea and i woud subscribe when it comes

Robb, what about us International members who have little-to-no use for the premium membership perks, but could end up having less of a chance to be on the trips if choosing not to pay the $50 fee?

I don't know how many people have this concern besides me, and I'm sure whatever it is you have a great solution, it would just put my mind at ease to understand what it is better.

^Well that's your call! We wouldn't offer a discount for international people as we do plan on holding international events. True we will probably never hold an event in Israel, but you do travel.

And think, if we already had this system in place and you were a member you might not be sitting on the trip waitlist right now.

I'm very excited for this idea. I never actually joined any sort of club (except Ride World, I think). I never was interested in any other program like ACE. I actually lurked on this forum and only recently became more comfortable to post in the main forum versus the private forums that I have been added to for the various trips.

I think most ideas I would have were already covered.

This interests me a lot. I would definitely purchase this membership as soon as it launches.

The only reason would be if I lost my job or had to tighten my budget up a lot.

I think this is a great step in the right direction for TPR. As large as the community has become, it was only a matter of time before this evolved and I think it is a great opportunity for the members as well as for you and Elissa.

1. Sounds cool but what exactly are they offering here for $40 besides a credit at the tpr. I would use the credit but why waste $25.

2. not that i can think of.

3. yes and no.

4. I don't do a lot of trips nowadays so paying $40 dollars just to talk to people online doesn't make sense to me. Also I do my part in supporting by purchasing TPR DVDs every year.

5. I know what you guys are capable of doing for free whats the extra money going to change for the better.

-jeremy

1. Sounds cool but what exactly are they offering here for $40 besides a credit at the tpr. I would use the credit but why waste $25.

We posted what we would be offering on the front page of this thread:

- An automatic $15 credit in the TPR Store

- A personalized membership card with your name, member number, etc

- An initial membership packet that will include some nice TPR goodies

- Priority Placement on TPR Trips

- Early access to upcoming TPR Trip Information

- Exclusive trips ONLY offered to Premium Members

- Access to participating Park Sponsored Events (both US and International)

- Discounts and early entrance access at participating parks (both US and International)

- Exclusive forum ONLY for Premium Members

- A forum signature banner with your ride/coaster count

- Special discounts for Premium Members on TPR events and trips

- Special access or additional perks on a TPR Trip or at a TPR Event

- Additional surprises or goodies we may send out to our Premium Members throughout the year!

That is already *LOT* more than any other online website offers to their premium members.

And keep in mind this is by no means a "final list."

I've already gotten a number of responses back from several parks, both US and international who are interested in participating in this with us.

I think when we are able to announce the final details, the $40 annual fee will be a no-brainer.

--Robb

It sounds like a great value, especially factoring in the $15 in store credit.

Sounds like a pretty good slate of benefits already to me.

I'm not sure how many coaster club events I would necessarily attend, but I am definitely interested in priority placement on TPR trips, exclusive trip offers, additional perks during TPR trips and events, and early entry/discounts at select parks.

My only hesitation is knowing that this will be one more annual expense (albeit a slight one--$3.25 a month when extrapolated) I need to budget for. As it stands, I am planning to sign up as soon as the option becomes available.

I can certainly see the reasoning behind this, and it seems like a win-win-win--continuing to provide free content for casual viewers, cementing TPR's status as an "enthusiast club" and providing a potential new revenue stream for site bandwidth and operating expenses. The TPR model seems to be to promise a lot, then deliver a lot more. For every dollar I've spent here (and that's getting to be a lot of them at this point), I feel like I've gotten at least $10 worth of enjoyment in return. I seriously doubt this endeavor will be any different.

I think when we are able to announce the final details, the $40 annual fee will be a no-brainer.

^Reminds me of the early days of D23. When they first announced the club, some Disney enthusiasts were reluctant to join because the only benefits seemed to be a lithograph, magazine subscription and access to an "exclusive" section of the message boards. By the time they announced the potential opportunity to tour the Walt Disney studios and unveiled the D23 Expo, membership became a much easier decision.

-Although I have not been a long standing member of the TPR boards, I always thought this organization was missing something. I think this sews things up.

-Perhaps a yearly party during the off-season and I think offering an exclusive TPR hoodie or something not available to others would be cool.

-Absolutely.

-I think you will meet a little resistance on the price point, mainly because of the average age of the TPR member, but for me personally the only reason I wouldn't sign up is lack of time in my schedule to take advantage of the offerings.

-Overall I think this is just what TPR needs and it will help expand the overall offerings of your organization.

Sweet!

Even though I don't post here much, I read a lot, and I think this is an awesome idea. You're getting a lot for the price. I'm sure I'll spend more than $15, so the store credit is great also.

Not at this time, I think the list of perks sounds great! TPR goodies are always awesome.

Absolutely yes!

No reason not to be interested.

Sounds like a great idea after I read the thread.

How about more choices on TPR Events such as the West Coast Bash. Nothing big, just maybe something like allowing premium members to choose which time they would like to have lunch and which time would they prefer their backstage tour to be.

Yes, but probably not this upcoming year because I just won't have the time to enjoy many of the perks.

Can't think of a solid reason other than no money and no time.

Yes, could you clarify the "additional perks on a TPR Trip."

I could see these perks becoming an area of contention on trips that have premium and non premium members.

I like the idea! Definitely would make me want to participate in more TPR events!

I like all the benefits, and there are certainly a lot of them. How about a TPR Bag-O-Crap with the goodie bag? Lol jk (although I wouldn't mind it!)

Yes. While I'm not certain that I would sign up immediately, I would at least consider it. The discounts at the parks is certainly an incentive for me! Specifically, I'd like to see discounts at Knott's, SFMM, and possibly Fiesta Texas. Of course, while I'd LOVE a merch discount at Disney, I know that's doubtful (okay, impossible!).

Right now it would be the price point. It is a good value, especially considering the $15 TPR store credit, but I'm not sure that it's in my budget right now. However, even at the current proposed pricepoint, I'd consider it and save up for it if necessary.

Overall, I LOVE the idea! All the benefits sound great. Again, the price is very reasonable, just not sure that I can afford to sign up for this immediately should it happen. But I would save up for it and join eventually. The only question I have is when this will be available should this become a reality- I'd like to use it for WCB if possible!

Thanks for listening to our feedback and for always putting the members' interests first! I have faith that TPR will only grow and benefit from a membership program such as this one.