TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tips about RnR?

I've only ridden Rock-N-Roller Coaster once, and that was three years ago. Knowing that it is a Vekoma, I was a bit nervous and expected major headbashing, but that never happened.

I enjoyed the scenery throughout the ride, and the launch wasn't that bad. (Extremely fast launches like Xcelerator are really hard on my stomach for some reason.)

Bottom line: you'll enjoy it.

Eric

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scariest part is the preshow!

Coaster launches feel really good, its just like going on the straight track thats on a gravitron, you don't feel speed unless you're in the front, just pressure on your chest. Just this is a weird thing, there is a short pause of about half a second between green light the the launch... I thought it was broken.

Just this is a weird thing, there is a short pause of about half a second between green light the the launch... I thought it was broken.

lol. TTD always red-lights (launches between the third set of yellow lights and the greens)

Just a suggestion, but I think they should have red lights under the greens for when that happens

RnR is one of my top ten rides. I really like that ride. The launch at the beginning is awesome, but nothing that has to scare you! I like the whole atmosphere there. You hear the great music from Aerosmith and ride this very smooth Vekoma coaster. That is fun. However, my favorite version is the one at DLRP.

A friends brother was 9 years old at his first ride on RnR and he really enjoyed it, because he wanted to ride again and again!

--Sören

Wow, how many times have I had this feeling about coasters when I was like six? If you keep on saying that you're going to do it and you actually get your butt in the seat (which sometimes takes a lot of courage), you'll feel nervous, but by the end of the ride, you'll love it. Oh, have you ever been on a launched coaster?

Brent "best of luck" Shenton 8)

Well, I went on ROTM at USF and it launches about 42 mph but I bet 18 more mph will make a difference.

The launch is pretty lame and is not at all as intense as it looks. The only intense parts of the ride are the inversions and everything else is cruising through freeway signs, etc. The back is pretty rough but as you get towards the front it gets smoother. Overall, it's decent thrills, but a lot of family fun.

And dragtser pulls that many g's for 3.5 seconds. If the launch lasted much longer it would be downright uncomfortable.

Dragtser's launch is like getting sat on by an elephant, a ride like Hypersonic that launches so amazingly quick is like getting kicked in the chest by a horse.