Favorite Crowd-Interactive Coasters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top three are,

1. Incredible Hulk

2. Maverick

3. Any roller soaker - I agree that you can stand there all day watching peoples amazement at the amount of water that just popped in front of them and slammed them in the face hahaha

I disagree with splashdown coasters (Griffon, Sheikra, DB, etc.), I don't find them that interesting to watch after the first time.

Watching TTD from the bleachers is pretty damn cool.

But the best viewing of any ride I've seen - OK, it's not a coaster - is the splashdown area of Dudley Do-Right. The ride looks absolutely great from there, and the underwater plunge is really convincing.

My list in no order:

Corkscrew (Cedar Point) - while other rides, like Demon, have corkscrews over the midway, Cedar Point's Corkscrew does the best job.

Top Thrill Dragster - from just watching the launch to the whole area with the bleachers, Top Thrill Dragster interacts well with the crowd.

Roller Soaker - do I really need to say why?

The coasters at Nick Universe

V2 interacts fairly well as it is wedged into a tight area with ride queues/exits, and midways surrounding most of the ride with the log flumes on the other side. If you go to where the line for Yankee Clipper starts, you can get some great photos of rider's facial expressions as the rear spike goes right over the area.