TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

News: Captain EO returns to some Disney Parks in 2010

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally caught it today and I have to agree, the bouncing gets old pretty fast, it's fine if they could have limited it a bit more (or kept a better rhythm...) Man the 3-D is bad up close too, if I watch it again (and I probably will) I'm sitting in the back.

^From the three viewings. My first was in the front row on the side. The other two were in the middle about 4 or 5 rows from the back. It was a completely different experience. Thought the picture really isn't that clear, thought I think it might be from being so use to the present day 3D shows.

I was there back when it opened originally, i think they were giving away tshirts, or at least everybody had on the same capt. eo shirt. Anyway, didn't want to see it then and have no desire to see it now. I mean it was sooooo good that michael had to die for it to be shown again. I've heard a lot of talk about disney wanting to put tron themed attractions in tomorrow land, something tron would be awesome and could probably make good use of the theaters effects. It would also be an easy way for disney to scrap it if the popularity of the movie fades. Of course im just assuming that the movie will do well in the fist place.

Bury michael jackson, dig up capt eo. Creeps me out.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/04/captain-eo-returning-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

Yes, you read right…the classic 3-D film experience “Captain EO” is coming back to Walt Disney World Resort this summer just months after it reopened to rave reviews at Disneyland park. The 17-minute musical space-fantasy adventure film is now scheduled to begin at Epcot on July 2.

I remember enjoying “Captain EO” during its original run at Epcot from 1986 -1994. But for some of you, it’ll be a new experience. The film features Michael Jackson as “Captain EO” and a crew of Disney-created space characters. During their journey, the group uses the power of dance, light and music to turn a colorless planet into a world of color and happiness.

And there’s more. “Captain EO” will be returning to other Disney Parks locations. It’s scheduled to open at Tokyo Disneyland on June 30 and Disneyland Paris on June 12. We’ll have more details on the film’s return to Walt Disney World in upcoming weeks but we wanted Disney Parks Blog readers to be among the first to know. Please check back for updates.

cer406248SMALL.jpg.0641a4ff74f848937d928a0462b44ef9.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

one time I was riding Spiderman (IOA) and the girl I was with said she saw Michael Jackson. In all of my vast theme park knowledge I told her that the park wouldnt have him there at that time during normal hours. I was very wrong. It indeed was Michael and a bunch of kids. They got on the scoop in front of us. Toward the end of the ride the ride estopped. I knew they were letting him off and clearing him out of the exit station. I was wrong about that too. When we got to the exit platform he was right there talking to everybody, shaking hands and taking pictures. He was actually very approachable and nice. We followed him into the gift shop and watched while he and the kids proceeded to walk around the store just pointing at things while PA's would gather all he told them to get. Security herded us out of the store and closed it while he was there. We told 2 or 3 people passing by that Michael was there and in 1 minute people were climbing up the walls trying to get a view.

I'm really happy to hear that "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" will finally be eradicated from all Disney Parks!

Just saw the show again for the second time this past Sunday and I can never get bored of it. I really do wish that Disney would bring back all of the special effects from the original show, seeing as how Captain E.O. is going anywhere anytime soon...

Do you think when Rick Moranis dies they'll put Honey I Bored the Audience back in all of the theaters and it will run with packed shows again?

When he dies they will introduce "Strange Brew" 4D, it'll look like the beers commin' right at you aye.

^Perhaps Tokyo, but I'm guessing all the other parks are going for the same thing Disneyland was: a cheap way to get more people into the venue and sell more merchandise.

^Perhaps Tokyo, but I'm guessing all the other parks are going for the same thing Disneyland was: a cheap way to get more people into the venue and sell more merchandise.

Word on the proverbial Disney street is that Tokyo and Paris are receiving the full effects package, while Epcot is getting what DL got.

• 1 year later...

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/tokyo-disneyland-heck-eo/

Despite original intentions to return ‘Captain EO’ back to the vault on June 30, 2011, the Tokyo Disneyland Resort today announced that the attraction will instead remain at the park indefinitely, forcing the permanent closure of the attraction it displaced, ‘MicroAdventure!’

Tokyo Disneyland, which is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company under license of The Walt Disney Company, has been the only Disney Resort to acknowledge an end date for the attraction which has returned to Disneyland, Walt Disney World’s Epcot and Disneyland Paris.