TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

I find it interesting that people don't think Cedar Fairisn't just filing for trademarks for things later or just pulling a head fake to play with enthusiasts. All I can say is how is "Ziz"? You know the mythical creature representing air, that fits perfectly with Behemoth(land) and Leviathian(water).

Filing trademarks is not cheap or simple. They don't care about messing with people or pulling head fakes. As for filing for later attractions? Sure. But these are just too coincidental. CGA and Knott's are prepping for new rides and CF just happens to file name trademarks at the same time. What other names have they trademarked in recent years, aside from known attractions? Centurion? Sounds like a hyper giga and we are pretty sure no parks are getting one of those anytime soon.

So many people are in denial of the obvious.

We already have the names for the California coasters: The Ledge and Hangtime.

What's stopping one of those from being named Railblazer? Absolutely nothing. What's stopping them from scrapping The Ledge or Hangtime for a better name? Once again, absolutely nothing.

Please stop trying to act like you know everything when you clearly don't.

Cedar Fair has trademarked the name "Railblazer". Some people think that this is the name for the RMC Mean Streak conversion. I don't see how they are even getting at all. In all honestly it sounds more like a perfect name for an RMC single rail coaster. To me this pretty much confirms that the "new type of ride" hinted at by Matt Ouimet is a in fact an RMC Raptor/T-Rex. Now where is it going is the big question now before us. Knott's or CGA? Personally I think 'Railblazer' sounds like 'trailblazer' and that fits with the western theme of Knott's. And if that's the case then I bet CGA is getting an Intamin half pipe because that fits with the trademark "Hang Time". So then where does the name "The Ledge" come into play?

Railblazer for Knott's makes no sense due to your own logic. You say it is for a western themed area of a park ignoring that the area where Mean Streak is located is western themed. While the section of Knott's where the ride will be located is themed to a seaside boardwalk.

So many people are in denial of the obvious.

We already have the names for the California coasters: The Ledge and Hangtime.

What's stopping one of those from being named Railblazer? Absolutely nothing. What's stopping them from scrapping The Ledge or Hangtime for a better name? Once again, absolutely nothing.

Please stop trying to act like you know everything when you clearly don't.

You're talking about tin foil hat theories that don't make sense. Trademarks are not easy to obtain.

^ The whole park is western themed. Railblazer would be a perfect California seaside theme.

Except for the fact that the whole park is not western themed. Fiesta Village and the Boardwalk are not western themed.

Mexican California is western. California boardwalks are western. The California Sierras are western. California ghost towns are western. We aren't talking western as in "Westerns" or the "Wild West".

^ The whole park is western themed. Railblazer would be a perfect California seaside theme.

Except for the fact that the whole park is not western themed. Fiesta Village and the Boardwalk are not western themed.

Mexican California is western. California boardwalks are western. The California Sierras are western. California ghost towns are western. We aren't talking western as in "Westerns" or the "Wild West".

So what is Mexican or beach-like about "Railblazer"?

Your right except for the fact that Railblazer is a play on the word Trailblazer. The word Trailblazer is usually tied to the Wild West. A California Boardwalk is not Wild West themed.

^ California was a cultural trailblazer. Boarkwalk culture was invented in Cali. I wouldn't put it past them to try a make a connection. Hey, I'm just spit balling here.

Maybe the Boarkwalk origins are California but the origins of Boardwalks are Atlantic City.

Boarkwalk culture was invented in Cali.

say what?

what we've come to know as "boardwalk culture" in the US was invented in east coast places such as atlantic city, coney island, ocean city, etc.

it's absolutely not a uniquely cali or cali-originated thing.

Took the words outta my mouth.

say what?

what we've come to know as "boardwalk culture" in the US was invented in east coast places such as atlantic city, coney island, ocean city, etc.

I was thinking beach culture. My bad. Got my thoughts messed up. You're right, boardwalks are an east coast thing. But I still think Railblazer sounds like a quirky name for a coaster you might find on one of those New Jersey boardwalks.

say what?

But I still think Railblazer....

You're typing "I think" a lot, but sure are adamant about how you have the right information. I don't care if your guesses end up being correct or not but can you at least do some research or bring some facts if you're going to argue for pages?

No, you're thinking of AstrumSpark. I have never pretended to know what I'm talking about. I'm all about speculatio . As for "I think" that's all any of us have are our thoughts and opinions. I admitted I was wrong. Plenty of people on these boards say "I think".

Respec

No, you're thinking of AstrumSpark.
No, he's thinking of both of you.

I have never pretended to know what I'm talking about.
You pretended to know what you're talking about the moment you started posting. You had some sooper sekrit source that knew what ride Knotts/CGA was getting. You were called out on it and backed off. Unfortunately you've done the same thing dozens(hundreds?) of times since.

You had some sooper sekrit source that knew what ride Knotts/CGA was getting.

I have never claimed to have a source or inside knowledge on anything. You cannot go back and find one single post to back up that claim.

Nor do I recall ever making a claim that any park is for a fact going to get a certain ride. There is a difference between speculation, which is what most every person on this website does; and claiming to have absolute factual knowledge that something is for a fact going to occur. When anyone says "I think. Probably. Might. The evidence pints to. It is very likely." they' re guessing. And I have done a lot of guessing. Maybe I gone a little overboard with it, but when have I ever said "I know that X park is going to get X ride, end of story."?

Nor do I recall ever making a claim that any park is for a fact going to get a certain ride. There is a difference between speculation, which is what most every person on this website does; and claiming to have absolute factual knowledge that something is for a fact going to occur. When anyone says "I think. Probably. Might. The evidence pints to. It is very likely." they' re guessing. And I have done a lot of guessing. Maybe I gone a little overboard with it, but when have I ever said "I know that X park is going to get X ride, end of story."?

We aren't just talking about you though.You may saying "I think" a lot but Astrum Spark does nothing but say he's 100% right and we should trust his bullsh*t theories.

We aren't just talking about you though.You may saying "I think" a lot but Astrum Spark does nothing but say he's 100% right and we should trust his bullsh*t theories.

Yeah I know. Please don't lump me is with him. I admit I've been going crazy, mainly in relation to anything remotely Knott's/Cedar Fair/RMC related. I'm trying to tone it down, but I'm geeking out about the possibilities. And right now basically down to CGA and Knott's, my first and third favorite parks. I agree to post less. I acknowledge that not everyone is as excited as I am. You'll notice that I haven't posted a screenshot of the webcam in quite awhile. I would never assume to know anything, and trust me if I had a source I'd post in a heartbeat even if they threatened my knee caps.