TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

^

With all that space, they have enough room to put in a T-Rex coaster. Heck, they could possibly cram a Raptor in Boomerang's old spot alone. Besides, if a T-Rex or Raptor RMC is what Knott's is getting next year, I'm 100% sure they've already found a way to fit it in.

Coral is Xcelerator's footprint. It is approximately 435 feet by 195 feet or about 85,000 square feet (I rounded up).

Yellow is roughly Boom and Rip's old footprint. It is approximately 420 feet by 145 feet or about 61,000 square feet.

Light blue is probably the max room they have to work with. It is approximately 540 feet by 245 feet at the two widest points of the "L". I'm not going to figure out the square footage.

To compare, Silver Bullet sits on a fat roughly "L" shaped piece of ground that's about by 515 feet by 405 feet at the two widest points of the "L".

I'm therefore not concerned about them fitting a decent sized ride in that area.

You all do realize that part of that space is going to be filled up with a queue and station, right? They don't have all that space for actual track. Plus wasn't there a planned new restaurant also going somewhere in that space?

My guess is that it will be an S&S shuttle of some kind because realistically (as in not fanboy pipe dreams) that's the only "new" thing that would fit, unless they are planning to cram in a bare bones Raptor/T-Rex.

They don't have all that space for actual track. Plus wasn't there a planned new restaurant also going somewhere in that space?

You're operating under the assumption that they're going to stay within the Boomerang / Riptide space. They might, but they don't have to.

(cough... this is the same park)

Gr%C3%B6na_Lund_flygfoto.JPG

462559_10150911612004357_16994689356_9734315_1037550624_o.thumb.jpg.366e695b961c9a29c53d23efba5eab17.jpg

You all do realize that part of that space is going to be filled up with a queue and station, right? They don't have all that space for actual track. Plus wasn't there a planned new restaurant also going somewhere in that space?

My guess is that it will be an S&S shuttle of some kind because realistically (as in not fanboy pipe dreams) that's the only "new" thing that would fit, unless they are planning to cram in a bare bones Raptor/T-Rex.

The restaurant is in the same spot as the old one, right next to Sky Cabin, it's just a little bit bigger. Also look at Xcelerator. Stations and queues don't take up much room and can be place inside the ride footprint. And lastly as Coasterbill says you are assuming they are confined to certain boundaries. But if they are, based on the map I posted there is plenty of space for decent sized spaghetti coaster.

I don't know if you are a Kennywood guy and want an RMC so badly that you ignore facts and argue nonsense or what. I'm a Knott's guy, but all of my spec has been based on stated facts, facts that Coasterbill has repeated referenced. Facts like blueprints and conference calls and name trademarks.

As for the other point, S&S shuttle is not a new type of ride. It's their version of a launched looping shuttle, something Mack and Premier have been working on for years. RMC Raptor/T-Rex, however, qualifies as a new type. It may be a roller coaster but the monorail aspect makes it as revolutionary as the B&M invert once was. The S&S does not meet that standard. Now I'm not saying that Knott's is for sure getting an RMC monorail. All I am saying that there are many clues which point to that possibly being the case. Coasterbill is not stating for a fact that CGA is getting an Intamin. All he is saying is that there are many clues which point to that being a possibility. As for you there are no clues that point to an S&S at Knott's or an RMC at Kennywood or even Silverwood or any of your other predictions.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

I'm not making a diagram for this but just a few miles from Knott's is another park with some pretty compact yet kick ass roller coasters.

Not counting the big station approach turn around (which is honestly not really necessary) Viper sits on a plot of land about 580 x 245, and Batman on 535 x 230. In other words you could fit both those rides within the light blue box in my above map, and that's assuming they are strictly confined to that space. Done. Drops mic.

I'm not making a diagram for this but just a few miles from Knott's is another park with some pretty compact yet kick A$$ roller coasters.

Not counting the big station approach turn around (which is honestly not really necessary) Viper sits on a plot of land about 580 x 245, and Batman on 535 x 230. In other words you could fit both those rides within the light blue box in my above map, and that's assuming they are strictly confined to that space. Done. Drops mic.

Viper isn't a kick-a$$ ride.

I'm not making a diagram for this but just a few miles from Knott's is another park with some pretty compact yet kick A$$ roller coasters.

Viper isn't a kick-a$$ ride.

I highly beg to differ, but that would just steer this thread more off topic.

Man, I absolutely love Knott's Berry Farm as my beloved home park, but some of ya'll are crazier than me.

The restaurant is in the same spot as the old one, right next to Sky Cabin, it's just a little bit bigger. Also look at Xcelerator. Stations and queues don't take up much room and can be place inside the ride footprint. And lastly as Coasterbill says you are assuming they are confined to certain boundaries. But if they are, based on the map I posted there is plenty of space for decent sized spaghetti coaster.

I don't know if you are a Kennywood guy and want an RMC so badly that you ignore facts and argue nonsense or what. I'm a Knott's guy, but all of my spec has been based on stated facts, facts that Coasterbill has repeated referenced. Facts like blueprints and conference calls and name trademarks.

As for the other point, S&S shuttle is not a new type of ride. It's their version of a launched looping shuttle, something Mack and Premier have been working on for years. RMC Raptor/T-Rex, however, qualifies as a new type. It may be a roller coaster but the monorail aspect makes it as revolutionary as the B&M invert once was. The S&S does not meet that standard. Now I'm not saying that Knott's is for sure getting an RMC monorail. All I am saying that there are many clues which point to that possibly being the case. Coasterbill is not stating for a fact that CGA is getting an Intamin. All he is saying is that there are many clues which point to that being a possibility. As for you there are no clues that point to an S&S at Knott's or an RMC at Kennywood or even Silverwood or any of your other predictions.

There are no clues that point to an RMC at Knott's either. Meanwhile, oh wait, RMC being at Kennywood actually does point to one.

There are no clues that point to an RMC at Knott's either. Meanwhile, oh wait, RMC being at Kennywood actually does point to one.

Where is the source for your claim RMC has been to Kennywood? I remember when you made this claim a month ago or so and I didn't see any source then either.

My clue for Knott's and Coasterbill's for CGA are the FACT that Quimet said four CF parks are getting coasters in 2018. We know for FACTS that two of those are RMC conversions and we know that those are Hurler and Mean Streak. That leaves two more. One is a renewed relationship with a company they haven't worked with in recent history and one is a completely new type of roller coaster concept.

We have all SEEN photos of footing markers at CGA and SEEN the proposed plans for future expansion and the coaster depicted in the exact spot where the markers are is an Intamin. Unless Intamin has developed a completely new type of roller coaster that no one knows about, it's safe to say they are the renewed relationship as CF hasn't worked with them in over seven years and there were many rumors that they may never again after all the issues they were having.

Lastly we all KNOW that Knott's is replacing Boomerang with something and it's not flat rides. It must be the completely new type of roller coaster because that is the only option left. And the RMC monorail is the only completely new type of roller coaster that has been revealed in recent years. Now hear me. I am not saying that Knott's is in fact getting an RMC or that CGA is is fact getting an Intamin. What I am saying that all the clues point to it however. I have stated Knott's getting an RMC as a prediction. You on the other hand have stated Kennywood getting an RMC as a 100% FACT. There is a difference. CB and I have produced our sources. If you have a source to back up your Kennywood claim then post it already. And someone posting on a blog that they saw an RMC truck or people wearing RMC t-shirts is not a source. A photo of those things would be a source. Someone's word is not.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Where is the source for your claim RMC has been to Kennywood? I remember when you made this claim a month ago or so and I didn't see any source then either.

9/3/16:

One of the coaster podcast owners (not sure if I'm allowed to name them here?) said they spotted Alan Shilke, Fred Grubb and some executives from KW walking around the Thunderbolt area today. Could this be the next Iron Horse conversion?

9/6/16:

9/3/16:

One of the coaster podcast owners (not sure if I'm allowed to name them here?) said they spotted Alan Shilke, Fred Grubb and some executives from KW walking around the Thunderbolt area today. Could this be the next Iron Horse conversion?

9/6/16:

Well I guess that proves it. They say they saw Fred. Did they get a photo? Why not? Whip out the phone and get that on camera. Or maybe it's possible they just made it up to get some web hits. I say I saw Raffi Kaprelian in a Denny's in Post Falls. He must have obviously being there to visit RMC but needed to stop in a for a bite first. See how that works? Just saying you saw something isn't PROOF nor is it CREDIBLE! People lie. Although I doubt Matt Quimet is lying because he actually has a reputation to uphold.

For the sake of argument let's day is true and Fred and Alan were seen at KW. That doesn't mean 100% they are getting an RMC. All it means is they came and took look.

And I'm sure that RMC at least took a look at Son of Beast before Banshee was built.

For the sake of argument let's day is true and Fred and Alan were seen at KW. That doesn't mean 100% they are getting an RMC. All it means is they came and took look.

And I'm sure that RMC at least took a look at Son of Beast before Banshee was built.

Maybe not. Remember, they have only recently become the big company that they are. Back when SOB closed, they had no coasters. If I owned a park and just closed down a massive wooden coaster, made by a company which promised the world, and an inversion, which had failed, I would prefer that the next massive coaster would be made by a reliable company which people KNOW make great rides. Did RMC even exist in 2009?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but was one of the reasons the ride had to be removed, was due to the original actual wooden structure being a pile of crap?

Son of Beast closed in 2009 but wasn't torn down until the end of the 2012 season. At that point, New Texas Giant was already open and Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler were under construction. Google is your friend.

As for the condition of the structure, whether or not the park contacted RMC, whether or not there was some kind of exclusivity deal in place with Six Flags for the ibox track at that point or anything else regarding the planning process that eventually led them to Banshee, MOST LIKELY nobody on here knows for sure. I'm sure tons of people will chime in anyway and act like they do though.

Edited by coasterbill

Son of Beast closed in 2009 but wasn't torn down until the end of the 2012 season. At that point, New Texas Giant was already open and Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler were under construction. Google is your friend.

As for the condition of the structure, whether or not the park contacted RMC, whether or not there was some kind of exclusivity deal in place with Six Flags for the ibox track at that point or anything else regarding the planning process that eventually led them to Banshee, MOST LIKELY nobody on here knows for sure. I'm sure tons of people will chime in anyway and act like they do though.

The only thing I can state is that Don Helbig who is the head of PR at Kings Island has been asked the question a number of times at park events. From what I can remember of his answer, Cedar Fair did contact RMC and they received a quote. But according to him RMC was not certain that it would actually fix the problems. Cedar Fair needed a guarantee and RMC was unwilling to do so. So it was decided to tear it down instead of continuing to sink money into the ride.

This was posted in the CGA thread, but likely would have interest here as well for those not following that one.

The park has filed plans with the city for "Archictural Review of new 100' tall roller coaster".

http://smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=PLN2017-12662

That seems to indicate that it wouldn't be a standard Intamin Impulse.

This was posted in the CGA thread, but likely would have interest here as well for those not following that one.

The park has filed plans with the city for "Archictural Review of new 100' tall roller coaster".

http://smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=PLN2017-12662

That seems to indicate that it wouldn't be a standard Intamin Impulse.

Very interesting, but 100' seems a bit short for an Impulse...