TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

It sits on at least 5 if not 10 acres of land.

Google Earth says that Xcelerator sits upon ~1.33 acres of land.

What's your source for the 5-10 acres?

Instagram: @Dippin.Dots.Guy.Coasters

Your so funny. You should do stand-up.

It made me laugh!

And, for the record, YOU'RE pretty awesome at grammar!!

It sits on at least 5 if not 10 acres of land.

Google Earth says that Xcelerator sits upon ~1.33 acres of land.

What's your source for the 5-10 acres?

Instagram: @Dippin.Dots.Guy.Coasters

Your so funny. You should do stand-up.

It made me laugh!

And, for the record, YOU'RE pretty awesome at grammar!!

Look! I even got my hands on the DM to prove that it's his source!!!

1558621889_Dippindots.thumb.PNG.d988e5a6eca2c7904f56a9796e13d62c.PNG

Let's settle this. This garden is 3 acres. Who owned it, I do not know. This seems too small to fit a large coaster on it, however, if it was elongated, then it would be possible to get an Xcelerator on the plot of land.

14951207603471963631386.thumb.jpg.5d55219157eafead5f83e06dc6a7be93.jpg

Let's settle this. This garden is 3 acres. Who owned it, I do not know. This seems too small to fit a large coaster on it, however, if it was elongated, then it would be possible to get an Xcelerator on the plot of land.

How about we don't settle this? Xcelerator is a pretty big coaster designed well enough to fit on a fairly small plot of land. The end. The only people that really should be caring about this are the people that work at / for Knott's and the city of Buena Park.

What on god's green earth are you blathering on about?

You want to settle this? then let's actually settle it, with FACTS, not conjecture or impressions.

This is an aerial image from Google Earth with the footprint of Xcelerator outlined in yellow. Per Google Earth's measurement tool, the area contained with the yellow boundary is 1.52 acres.

xcelerator.jpg

I'm utterly dumbfounded that you have somehow found it necessary to continue making your very foolish argument.

Edited by Steely Dan

If they want to fit a coaster in there they will do it somehow, just look at Gröna Lund and their 4 large coasters stacked on top of each other

Thank you thank you thank you.

53671288.jpg.a5177cc55c82284b67de0b033267dccf.jpg

What is really strange and kinda funny... when SFGAmerica said they couldn't make Goliath a full-length coaster due to space limitations... and some coaster fans quoted that as a valid argument point.

• 3 weeks later...

Rob Decker made an interesting comment at Coastermania. He stated that they saw something at IAAPA last year which caused Cedar Fair to purchase one on the spot. So what new attractions were announced last year at IAAPA? This could also lead into the first of its kind comment from the financial call.

Mack was showing off a launched spinning coaster, and there is always the Skywarp. I actually know one Skywarp has been sold to a US park for 2018.

If what was purchased is considered the 4th coaster than I suspect that the prototype is going to California's Great America. The work at Knott's looks like it has been planned for a while so I doubt they are getting a ride only purchased a few months ago. Could it be that CGA is just getting a Skywarp? Which in some ways makes more sense than an Intamin Impulse considering discovery kingdom already has one.

Am I reading way too much into a number of separate comments? Very likely, but is this any crazier than reading the planning document and taking it for exactly what is being planned?

Rob Decker made an interesting comment at Coastermania. He stated that they saw something at IAAPA last year which caused Cedar Fair to purchase one on the spot. So what new attractions were announced last year at IAAPA? This could also lead into the first of its kind comment from the financial call.

When did he say this? Maybe he meant 2015 because that's when the RMC T-RExRaptor was unveiled. That would certainly qulaify as the innovative coaster type that Quimet referred to.

Mack was showing off a launched spinning coaster, and there is always the Skywarp. I actually know one Skywarp has been sold to a US park for 2018.

If CF got a Skywarp then CF is dumber than a bag of rocks. Skywarp is not an innovative coaster. It's glorified Fireball. It will do nothing and add effing nothing for any CF park, even MiA. In the case of Knott's, would they seriously remove Boom for one those? Please God no! Skywarp is a dumb concept for a major park. It might be fun for a small but not a major one, and certainly not Cedar Fair's new defacto west coast flagship park.

On the other hand I actually wouldn't mind the Mack launched spinning coaster at Knott's. It will fit nicely in the space and looks like a lot of fun, though I still think Knott's is getting something much, much more innovative than that, but if it came down to it I wouldn't be mad. If they get a Skywarp however I swear to God I will never return. Not effing ever.

tsgh3xj24v1z.png

What's this for?

Hangtime is actually a surfing associated term. Would be a great name for a dive coaster located in the beach themed area of a theme park. Hmm where does CF have a beach themed area? Hmmmm.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Considering that Knott's already has a Mack spinning coaster AND three launched coasters, I think it is quite unlikely we would get one of those Mack launched spinning concepts. But never say never, and they look like fun rides.

As for the Skywarp, please no... That's the type of ride I imagine at a carnival or small theme park, not one of Cedar Fair's most popular theme parks. I could see Six Flags doing something like that, but Cedar Fair seems to appreciate big quality rides a little more since they always pour money into B&Ms and expensive flat rides.

I'm really, really intrigued to see Cedar Fair's 2018 announcements in the coming months. There is so much good stuff coming next year, it really is exciting.

Maybe I was not clear enough, I was assuming the prototype was going to CGA, not Knott's. Which would mean Knott's would be getting a coaster from a renewed relationship which everyone has assumed to mean Intamin. No idea what kind it would be though.

^ If any CF park not named Cedar Point is getting an innovative unique roller coaster before CP does then it's going to be Knott's. CGA is getting the renewed relationship. Knott's is getting the innovative new coaster. Which is why I don't think it's a dive coaster, a spinning launch coaster, a Skywarp, or anything but a T-Rex/Raptor. It is the only completely new concept to be revealed in the past decade.

^^ Maybe the name lapsed. How long do ride name trademarks last?

Edited by WestCoasterKing

is this any crazier than reading the planning document and taking it for exactly what is being planned?

Yes, especially when the construction markers at CGA and the Q1 conference call only back up what was in that planning document. I do think that some things in that planning document were placeholders but they get into a lot of detail about the impulse coaster and hyper coaster specifically.

You're also assuming that they bought a Skywrap even though they could have bought absolutely anything at IAPPA (ride or otherwise) and that they're planning on marketing it as a coaster.

Yes, that's much crazier than reading a planning document that's being backed up by conference call comments and construction markers and taking it at face value.

is this any crazier than reading the planning document and taking it for exactly what is being planned?

Yes, especially when the construction markers at CGA and the Q1 conference call only back up what was in that planning document. I do think that some things in that planning document were placeholders but they get into a lot of detail about the impulse coaster and hyper coaster specifically.

You're also assuming that they bought a Skywrap even though they could have bought absolutely anything at IAPPA (ride or otherwise) and that they're planning on marketing it as a coaster.

Yes, that's much crazier than reading a planning document that's being backed up by conference call comments and construction markers and taking it at face value.

I wish I like this comment.