TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

Sorry.

You're not the only one, so don't take the blame. I'd be entertained if you could really prove your source, because that is exactly what I meant by "coming to this thread to enjoy credible information". New information is always exciting and freshens up the speculation, which always seems to get wild after a little bit, leading us to speculate more in the right direction.

RMC has been pretty open about development on Raptor and T-Rex the problem is that Raptor just became a prototype and T-Rex does not appear to be at that stage yet. Raptor is for family entertainment centers not major theme parks. Neither are likely in any Cedar Fair park in 2018.

I am wondering if B&M has a new train/ride design. There was a rumor of a 4D design based on the wing rider trains a few years ago. If B&M is ready to put this into production I could see a B&M 4D at Knott's.

I am wondering if B&M has a new train/ride design. There was a rumor of a 4D design based on the wing rider trains a few years ago. If B&M is ready to put this into production I could see a B&M 4D at Knott's.

I imagine a B&M 4D prototype would be VERY expensive, and that is one of the major reasons a park has not entertained the idea of one, I believe. Considering Cedar Fair is spending quite a bit next year with the two RMCs and the Intamin Impulse (isn't it basically confirmed at this point?), plus whatever other flat rides or water park stuff they have ready, I highly doubt Knott's will get such an expensive addition. Plus, X2 is up the road, and while that may not affect their decision much, it also may not check all the boxes for "originality" that Knott's is looking for in order to draw some crowds in 2018 and 2019. But it's so difficult at this point to make claims with absolute certainty, so who knows what they will do.

I have a question. Why do people think it's Intamin? Didn't cedar fair just removed one of their rides last year? From my perspective, Intamin has some mending to do and I don't think enough time has passed to heal whatever wound that has become of that relationship.

I have a question. Why do people think it's Intamin?

I was skeptical, but when you look into it they're flat out telling us that CGA is getting an Intamin Impulse coaster. They've listed the specs and there are construction markers in the exact spot where the rendering shows it going. It also fits into what they said on the conference call perfectly. I went into detail here.

Edited by coasterbill

Sorry.

You're not the only one, so don't take the blame. I'd be entertained if you could really prove your source, because that is exactly what I meant by "coming to this thread to enjoy credible information". New information is always exciting and freshens up the speculation, which always seems to get wild after a little bit, leading us to speculate more in the right direction.

I never claimed to quote a source. I'm making speculation base on contents made by Ouimet and things I see going on like condtruction. But I don't need to sit here and argue about it and make hay so I'm sorry.

Just how good are are Impulse coasters? I'm just curious. Is Wicked Twister better than Tempesto? How do you feel it will fit in with the rest of the rides at CGA?

Sorry for all the random questions. I've always been intrigued by Impluse coasters, but I never hear reviews on them.

Just how good are are Impulse coasters? I'm just curious. Is Wicked Twister better than Tempesto? How do you feel it will fit in with the rest of the rides at CGA?

Sorry for all the random questions. I've always been intrigued by Impluse coasters, but I never hear reviews on them.

I haven't been on any of the Sky Rocket 2s yet, however I thought both Wicked Twister and Possessed were great rides (the former being better). I wouldn't call them OMG MUST-RIDES, but they are really solid second-tier attractions. I think one would be great at CGA, especially if its an "updated" version (lap bars?), since the last Inverted Intamin Impulse coaster built was almost 15 years ago.

I was skeptical, but when you look into it they're flat out telling us that CGA is getting an Intamin Impulse coaster. They've listed the specs and there are construction markers in the exact spot where the rendering shows it going. It also fits into what they said on the conference call perfectly. I went into detail here.

I get it, I definetly get it. But i am wondering how much of that is written in stone and not just a proposal. Remember, the transcript that came about when fury was being pitched to get money from charlotte. It was labeled as a 300 ft winged coaster. If it is intamin, great. But I don't know if I am personally ready to place all my chips on them. Hell, it could turn out to be a skyrocket II, afterall they used a picture of talon to describe a transformed vortex lol. One can argue SFDK has one BUT they also have an intamin impulse as well . . .

I get it, I definetly get it. But i am wondering how much of that is written in stone and not just a proposal. Remember, the transcript that came about when fury was being pitched to get money from charlotte. It was labeled as a 300 ft winged coaster. If it is intamin, great. But I don't know if I am personally ready to place all my chips on them. Hell, it could turn out to be a skyrocket II, afterall they used a picture of talon to describe a transformed vortex lol.

I mean, it's been a decade since Intamin has built a ground up impulse so this would be like if B&M were to make a stand up.

Lol, I personally feel the reason each haven't built one are totally different. I think we can see an impulse coaster way before another stand up. It's just other alternatives that can fit in the same space as an impulse coaster that does more now a day. Stand ups have proven over time that they can go to the dark side real quick and even with proper maintenance it will still lead to a not so pleasant ride.

Sorry.

I never claimed to quote a source. I'm making speculation base on contents made by Ouimet and things I see going on like condtruction. But I don't need to sit here and argue about it and make hay so I'm sorry.

My apologies. I had you confused for the author of this post, whom I will leave anonymous:

Knotts Berry Farm: Gersualter Beyond Vertical Drop (This has been confirmed to me by a source, if you have any questions let me know)

Worlds of Fun: Premier Launcher over the Front Gate

It's really just a guess that may be completely wrong, but it's the guess that makes the most sense based on what we know right now. Occam's Razor.

Well, that and an element of hope, because who doesn't want more Intamins?

All respect to Bill and his argument that CGA will get an Intamin Impulse, I'm still worried about the noise they make and how the area detects anything above a whisper. Impulses scream louder than a B&M' s roar. All in all, I'm excited for the Cedar Fair 2018 season.

I haven't been on a Sky Rocket II myself, but I feel like Wicked Twister is an incredibly underrated coaster! Every time I get off after riding it at CP, I'm reminded of that, and always quite enjoy it! I don't care nearly as much for Vertical Velocity at Great America, but even that's ok...

I prefer the Sky Rocket II model, that ejector air you get in the first couple rows is insane. The impulse coasters are okay, definitely prefer Wicked Twister over Vertical Velocity that ride is garbage

I prefer the Sky Rocket II model, that ejector air you get in the first couple rows is insane. The impulse coasters are okay, definitely prefer Wicked Twister over Vertical Velocity that ride is garbage

The SFDK one? How is that garbage?

The SFDK one? How is that garbage?

The redesign made it lame and unpleasant IMO. The hangtime in the roll makes the restraints dig into my shoulders, definitely not my idea of fun. But hey, that's just my opinion

44467185.jpg

And because enthusiasts always want it to be an Intamin because they think they make they best coasters.

No, it's because they're

You misunderstood me. In this case I agree with you that we are pretty sure that it s an Intamin. I was referring every other time when everyone always wants it to be an Intamin. I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 most people say, "I think it's an Intmain" just because they want it to be and not because of anything. In this we have so many clues.

I swear people take this stuff way too seriously. A little speculation and guessing is always fun, but it should stay that way...fun. Once people start adding "sources" and tearing down someone's guess as though they're some expert, we end up here.

With CF's track record, it's all going to leak before it's suppose to anyway.

It's always possible that Valleyfair gets the Boomerang from Knotts and Great America gets Steel Venom from Valleyfair

Coasters are like professional athletes now?

Which rides are unrestricted free agents this year?

Once people start adding "sources" and tearing down someone's guess as though they're some expert, we end up here.

Crazy to see people claim CGA isn't getting a ride when even Ray Charles can see some activity in that spot. Reminds me of the crap you see in youtube comments which I rarely read anymore.

Also reminds me of music forums. On my site years ago, everyone and their grandma had a secret source who knew when GNR were releasing Chinese Democracy. First it was funny....then it got old real quick. I started pushing the ban button and in a shocking development....grandmas worldwide had their sources dry up.

I'm not gonna be picky about what CGA gets. I'll be going there this week for the first time in eons and judging by their rides, they can use improvements in many areas. As long as this is just one in a series of new rides in the coming years, a V2 is fine.