TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

Welp, I can admit that wiki is at times errant, but it's just as presumptuous to assume Cedar Fair was not interested in buying than it is to assume they were. As far as I know there was no statement from CF refuting their interest in the park, and no doubt one of the biggest, most popular parks in the U.S. going up for sale is going to pique the interest of industry leaders.

Here's just my two sense on what I think will be coming, Coaster wise, to Cedar Fair parks in 2018

------------

Cedar Point: RMC Mean Streak

Kings Dominion: RMC Hurler

Knotts Berry Farm: Gersualter Beyond Vertical Drop (This has been confirmed to me by a source, if you have any questions let me know)

Worlds of Fun: Premier Launcher over the Front Gate

-----------

Now these are coasters aren't technically "new," but they will be new to their respective parks, so I believe that's why we didn't hear 6 new Coasters at Cedar Fair's meeting, as they were only reffering to straight out of the manufacturer's plant

Valleyfair: Kanonen from Liseberg

Michigan's Adventure: Boomerang from KBF

Here's just my two sense on what I think will be coming, Coaster wise, to Cedar Fair parks in 2018

------------

Knotts Berry Farm: Gersualter Beyond Vertical Drop (This has been confirmed to me by a source, if you have any questions let me know)

-----------

Now these are coasters aren't technically "new," but they will be new to their respective parks, so I believe that's why we didn't hear 6 new Coasters at Cedar Fair's meeting, as they were only reffering to straight out of the manufacturer's plant

You only listed 4 and I guarantee that WoF is not getting a coaster.

Yep, I have a question, what is the renewed relationship with a manufacturer. None of the ubove seem to fit. Also, how big will the Gerstlaurer be?

Gerstlauer would technically be a renewed relationship. Cedar Fair hasn't worked with them in a while.

------------

-----------

Could you link your source on the Knott's prediction?

I doubt Worlds of Fun is getting a coaster next year since they just got a new entrance and a couple new rides, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got one in the next three years.

Yep, I have a question, what is the renewed relationship with a manufacturer. None of the ubove seem to fit. Also, how big will the Gerstlaurer be?

Gerstlauer would technically be a renewed relationship. Cedar Fair hasn't worked with them in a while.

When was the last time they worked with them?

When was the last time they worked with them?

Canada's Wonderland got a flat ride from Gerstlauer last year, but aside from that, I believe Spinning Dragons at Worlds of Fun in 2004 was the last time.

I also believe the "renewed relationship" refers to Intamin. It just makes the most sense. My predictions are the two RMCs (obviously) and some type of modern/updated Intamin Impulse for CGA. From what I can tell, all speculation should be pointed at Knott's for this "completely new type of coaster."

I also think Carowinds will get their Vortex conversion next year as well (could be 2019, I suppose). Regardless, 2018 will be quite an innovative year for Cedar Fair.

Looks the the peanuts franchise has just been sold to the same firm that owns the tellatubbies.

http://m.startribune.com/canadian-company-buys-majority-stake-in-peanuts-brand/421895913/

Oh god no! DHX is a cancerous company. They make crap such as Tellatubbies, Caillou, and every other annoying kids show.

------------

-----------

This is truly comedic gold.

------------

-----------

I doubt Worlds of Fun is getting a coaster next year since they just got a new entrance and a couple new rides, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got one in the next three years.

Yeah sure, he's a friend who has connections with the upper level of Cedar Fair management. I can also tell you that they are looking for something with around 5 inversions, that has a retro boardwalk theme. It currently appears that the ride will have lapbars with seatbelts, but that could easily change for insurance purposes. I'll send him a message and see if I can post the blueprints!

------------

-----------

Yeah sure, he's a friend who has connections with the upper level of Cedar Fair management. I can also tell you that they are looking for something with around 5 inversions, that has a retro boardwalk theme. It currently appears that the ride will have lapbars with seatbelts, but that could easily change for insurance purposes. I'll send him a message and see if I can post the blueprints!

Are you sure it isn't just a similar case to when you thought you were in contact with the Lake Compounce GM?

Things we know right now:

Cedar Fair is installing four new coasters next year.

Two are already accounted for with the CP and KD RMCs.

There are already signs of new additions of some sort at two other parks, CGA and Knott's.

2 + 2 = 4

Cedar Fair has said they are renewing a relationship with a coaster manufacturer they haven't worked with in a while.

Cedar Fair has said they want to invest more heavily in CGA.

Cedar Fair has said one of the coasters they would like to add to CGA is from Intamin, a manufacturerer they haven't worked with in a while.

Internet Clouseaus: "Surely this means Cedar Fair will be adding a Gerstlauer and something for Worlds of Fun/Dorney/Valleyfair/Michigan's Adventure!"

Things we know right now:

Cedar Fair is installing four new coasters next year.

Two are already accounted for with the CP and KD RMCs.

There are already signs of new additions of some sort at two other parks, CGA and Knott's.

2 + 2 = 4

Cedar Fair has said they are renewing a relationship with a coaster manufacturer they haven't worked with in a while.

Cedar Fair has said they want to invest more heavily in CGA.

Cedar Fair has said one of the coasters they would like to add to CGA is from Intamin, a manufacturerer they haven't worked with in a while.

Internet Clouseaus: "Surely this means Cedar Fair will be adding a Gerstlauer and something for Worlds of Fun/Dorney/Valleyfair/Michigan's Adventure!"

The fourtb coaster is going to be a new type. If CGA is being the Intamin then Knott's is being a TRex/Raptor.

Flat rides are not a relationship. They clearly mean a coaster relationship. And they said it's a renewed relationship with a company they have worked with in recent history. I take that as five to ten years. Intamin was seven years ago.

Here's the actual quote that has been misquoted about a hundred thousand times since Matt said it:

"and a renewed relationship with a manufacturer who we HAVEN'T worked with in recent history..."

-Matt Ouimett