TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

As an employee, I hate this. I really enjoy Pepsi & hate Coke with a passion. In fact, there is not one soda on the freestyle machines I like. And many employees as well as season pass holders are in agreement. We have been giving out cans of soda in catering for about a month. I am assuming this is the reason. Many people commented that they hoped we were not switching over.

As an employee, I hate this. I really enjoy Pepsi & hate Coke with a passion.

Well, your employer, and every major theme park chain in the country disagree with you. So deal with it.

And I really, really, really, really doubt that "many employees as well as season pass holders are in agreement" and here's why.... it's soda.

--Robb "Guess you'll just have to go work at Hersheypark now..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Well, your employer, and every major theme park chain in the country disagree with you. So deal with it.

And I really, really, really, really doubt that "many employees as well as season pass holders are in agreement" and here's why.... it's soda.

I know I don't have a choice in this matter. I have known about this change for quite some time but could not say anything for obvious reasons. I just wanted to pass along the grumblings I am hearing from the people I deal with all the time. I know the employees don't matter, but guests do, & I see them selling even less soda than they do now. Unless prices change, which I doubt.

I wonder if the secret Vault fountain will still continue to live at CGA

Yes this matters to me since I'm a souvenir cup user...paying 80¢ for a refill is very cheap!

As long as it's in the Coke Freestyle machines i'll be a REALLY happy camper and pass holder.

^I'm pretty sure that's just carbonated water.

As long as this change to Coke doesn't result in an increase in the already outrageous drink prices, I'm all for it. While the type of soda an amusement park serves has absolutely no impact on my overall enjoyment of the day, it is nice to have your preferred $4 beverage with that $12 hot dog and fries.

^I'm pretty sure that's just carbonated water.

As long as this change to Coke doesn't result in an increase in the already outrageous drink prices, I'm all for it. While the type of soda an amusement park serves has absolutely no impact on my overall enjoyment of the day, it is nice to have your preferred $4 beverage with that $12 hot dog and fries.

Actually, my cousin did try it out. It was at CGA's "Boofet" buffet deal where you have unlimited drinks so, what was there to lose? It certainly was not carbonated water, but it wasn't Coke, Rootbeer, Mr Pibb, etc...she couldn't really put her finger on what it tasted like other than 'carbonated icee syrup.' I may try it out this Sunday, just grab a small cup rather than fill up my souvenir cup.

As far as soda preference, I honestly could care less which soda the park gets, I'm very flexible. I like Pepsi, I also like Coke. However when I'm at the park I tend to stick towards Sprite or as of lately, lemonade...my 80¢ drink goes great with my almost $5 pizza

I know I don't have a choice in this matter. I have known about this change for quite some time but could not say anything for obvious reasons. I just wanted to pass along the grumblings I am hearing from the people I deal with all the time. I know the employees don't matter, but guests do, & I see them selling even less soda than they do now. Unless prices change, which I doubt.

Your comments are just really obnoxious. You're suggesting that guests are going to stop buying soda at the park because it's Coke and not Pepsi. Well, you're wrong. Really, really, really wrong. You're only saying this because you're searching for some sort of mythical justification to hate it because you don't like Coke. It's blatantly obvious, and incredibly lame.

So there, you've been called out on it...now just stop.

Thank you.

--Robb "It's just freakin' soda..." Alvey

I love that we've now passed 4 pages of discussion on soda.

Let me add to the debate by stating that while Coke > Pepsi, the Aussie Pepsi Max (different to the USA one) beats out Coke Zero every time.

And does this mean they're replacing Dr Pepper with Cherry Coke? I don't know if I'm down with that... one of the reasons I visit the USA is the widely available Dr Pepper!