TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2010! Register Now! See Page 1

Great news everyone!

We are happy to confirm that West Coast Bash 2010 will be DOUBLE THE FUN with TWO PARKS instead of one!

Mark your calendars now! Save the date!

March 20th & 21st, 2010!

Are these dates firm??? I need to book a cross country flight and request time off from work. Thanks...

coasternut

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at SFMM in Oct and had a crap time as there were no Qbots left and we only got on 3 coasters. Is it advisable to hire a Qbot for WCB???

Also is the $30-40 over and above the park entry??

With the ERT from past WCB's, a Q-bot hasn't been necessary at all. But again, it's best to wait for the flyer that contains all of the details to see. I know for last years WCB, we had ridden every coaster in the park by the time we had our Terminator Tour (I believe it was 2:00pm).

In every WCB the price was the price for the event and park entry. I can't imagine that is going to be any different this time. But again, better to wait for the official flyer.

I really hope i can go. I have never been to a west coaster bash ever. Im going to try to get my aunt or something to go with me because i'm only 13 and can't go alone. So i have a few questions. Were there any kids around my age going last year? And does everybody connect to everybody, or do they basically just hang out and talk to the people they know and exclude people from conversations? i don't know. i think i'm making it sound like middle school but if someone could please answer those questions, i would have a better chance of going.

Were there any kids around my age going last year?

There were kids from age 0(newborns)-999(Jeff) There were people of all ages there, so you won't feel out of place

And does everybody connect to everybody, or do they basically just hang out and talk to the people they know and exclude people from conversations?

It depends on how you are. There are a few hundred people there, so there is something for everyone. Some people do already know each other, but I would say a vast majority don't. I went two years without knowing anyone, but I had no problems meeting people and having a blast. Some people go to the event just for the rides, and don't really mingle much, while others are there for the people, and get to know a bunch of people. Either way, you will have a blast.

Robb, if it's alright with you, I intend on stealing KidTums to get my Percy's Railway credit. I must have every credit at the Mountain!!!

If you were allowed to ride it with her, we would totally be selling her to everyone at the event.

Unfortunatley, adults are not allowed on Percy...AT ALL. Not even if you're with a kid.

I haven't even been on that coaster since I was a kid!

I actually don't know of anyone, outside of people who work at the park and have to do a safety ride, that have actually been on that coaster, unless they rode it when they were children.

--Robb

^ Actually, I read someplace that Newhall Land & Farming bought that coaster from an old L.A. area kiddieland and it dates back to 1947.

It opened with the park in 1971 as the Clown Coaster, then became Wile E. Coyote Coaster, then Goliath Jr., and now Percy's Railway. Sad to say, I was too big to ride it even back in 1971, so that's the only SFMM credit that I'll never have.

I was out there for awhile today, and when I parked out past Scream!, I knew I was in for some crowds. All I rode was Gold Rusher (with the line halfway down the ramp), Terminator (with the line out to the middle of the midway), and Superman--The Escape (with a half-hour line). At one point, S:TE was running both sides, but ended up running only the left one. X2's line was all the way down the bridge, almost to Revolution Plaza.

If I had stayed longer, I could have done more, but I just didn't feel like it.

Eric

Robb, if it's alright with you, I intend on stealing KidTums to get my Percy's Railway credit. I must have every credit at the Mountain!!!

If you were allowed to ride it with her, we would totally be selling her to everyone at the event.

Unfortunatley, adults are not allowed on Percy...AT ALL. Not even if you're with a kid.

I haven't even been on that coaster since I was a kid!

I actually don't know of anyone, outside of people who work at the park and have to do a safety ride, that have actually been on that coaster, unless they rode it when they were children.

--Robb

Well that's just messed up. Any way we can bribe them to open both sides of Superman or Colossus?

Whenever I get on a racing coaster, someone pukes or comes close to puking. On Gemini at cedar point, somebody barfed on red, so I only got to ride blue. At SFGAv on rolling thunder I had a flash pass and some little kid was waiting in the flash pass line for a while. The op noticed that it was set for 2 people, (my dad sat that one out because he was tired), so the opp let the kid ride with me. It was ok, until I started talking with him and he told me it was his first coaster. After the first hill, the kid turned white and had his head to the side of the train. I looked at him the hole ride because I did not want to get showered in vomit. He was ok though, and we hit the brake run and he started laughing. I wanted to scream at him. To top it off, the trains weren't that synchronized when they dispatched, and some lady getting of El-Toro threw up right next to my dad. So let's just say I jinx the racing coasters.

Hey Robb, I know there are very few details, but do you have any ball park estimate for non season passholders? I have sixty five dollars from my allowance/Christmas but was not sure if I should save more. I am planning on going for sure, but I am bringing guests who are on the fence. No big deal or anything like that... just curious.

Awesome. Like I said I'm in unless its crazy expensive... but no tpr event has been too expensive so I am optimistic. I am really looking forward to this, and sorry for asking as I know many have so far... these events are all awesome. And my parents said I could pay up to seventy five dollars for the even... so I am assuming I'm ok as that is more than a full days admission anyway. I cant wait to finally meet everyone.