TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2010! Register Now! See Page 1

^ No offense to Big Mike, but how was he able to ride Percy's Railway

He probably just got lucky that day. But to be honest, he shouldn't have been let on and he also shouldn't have tried since it is against the park rules. I will have a word with Big Mike about this.

I want to make it VERY CLEAR that if ANYONE that is registered for West Coast Bash who does not meet the rides height requirement tries to get on Percy that day by bribing, complaining or any other method THEY WILL BE BANNED FROM THEME PARK REVIEW, RIDE WORLD, AND ANY EVENTS THE TWO WEBSITES PUT ON!!!

Have I made that clear enough?

--Robb "Do not use Big Mike as an example, FOLLOW THE RULES YOURSELF!!!" Alvey

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That T-shirt design is great! My friends and I are really excited for WCB! Only two weeks left!

And don't worry, Robb, we'll be following the rules. As long as X2 doesn't have a max height restriction of 54".

^^Echoing Robb's remarks in regards to RideWorld...

Don't be that person that videotapes POV during the ERT and posts it on YouTube

Don't be that person that tries to slip a ride operator cash to ride Percy

Don't be that person that complains about a ride not opening right when ERT starts because of weather

Simply put, Don't be a douche!

We work very hard to put these events on and the parks bend over backwards year after year. Don't bit the hand that feeds you! If you do these things, be prepared to never attend another RideWorld or TPR event again.

Chris

I'm loving the shirt design. I can't wait to cover my naked torso with it!

In regards to the Percy credit, grow up you whores! Is it really that bad that you are missing a kiddie credit? I don't have the Percy credit and I'm perfectly content with that. Just let it go. Getting banned from the site for trying isn't worth it.

That is all.

^ Please do not use Big Mike as an excuse to ride coasters you otherwise cannot ride. I was afraid something like this would eventually happen. Just be jealous of Mike and don't give the park a hard time!!!!

Chris.

I really wasn't going to. As much as not being able to get a credit bums me out, it's not that big of a deal, there's always credits to get elsewhere. I'm a park employee, I tend to take rules and regulations pretty seriously at other parks.

I have a quick general question about WCB. Will we be able to get the coaster credits (Canyon Blaster and Percy's) we normally would have a hard time getting if we werent with TPR? I'm just curious because I've seen all the credit whore pics and what not.

That just reminded me of something. As far as I know, Knott's has a 69" maximum height restriction on Timberline Twister, but it is listed on the ERT schedule. Does this mean that they will not be enforcing this restriction during ERT, or will it only be for the shorter people?

During morning ERT at Solace 2009, they were strictly enforcing the height limit on Timberline Twister. They turned away tons of people. I do, however, question the accuracy of their measurement line. Best of luck to the tall people though!

^^ That's odd, because from the picture I posted, they were going to let me on, and I'm over the height requirement. Then again, that was Solace 2004 and from what I've heard they have become more strict since then. Or maybe the height max has changed since then?

Either way, I agree with not breaking any rules, etc. It's a stupid way to ruin a great event and/or get banned from the site. I've never felt the desire to break any rules at an event and somehow I always tend to have a great time. I'm sure WCB will be no different.

2 weeks!!! Can't wait.

Oh and Chris:

Simply put, Don't be a douche!

Best line ever!!!

Hello everyone,

So I'd like some opinions about hotels near Magic Mountain. I've scoured my usual sites and everything seems expensive. I got kicked out of Priceline for that area (though I used them to get a room at a Courtyard Marriott near Knotts for $75).

Anyone ever stay at the nearby cheapies in Santa Clarita? I'm talking about the Super 8 (Soledad Cyn Rd), Santa Clarita Motel on San Fernando, etc? I'm pretty much ready to just throw down $100 and stay at the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express right by the park.

Marlon Scott

Marlon-

A few of us are staying at the Fairfield Inn, in Stevenson Ranch, about 4-5 miles south of SFMM on I-5.

Taxes and everything was less than $90/night.

I booked ours through Hotels.com.

Jeff

For what it's worth, we've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley for the past couple WCB events. It's in a nice area, the drive is less than 30 minutes to Magic Mountain with very little in the way of traffic on the freeways early in the morning, and the price is just under $60 a night, including all fees and taxes when booked through Hotwire. We're staying there again this year because we've been very happy with how it's worked out for us. It's not as ideal as being in Valencia or Santa Clarita, but the savings is more than worth the somewhat longer, but still relatively short drive.

Marlon, our friends, Bob and Cheri from MA (you might know them?), are staying at the Santa Clarita Motel. Cheri said that it had very good reviews on Trip Advisor. As for us, we're actually staying at the Hilton Garden Inn right by the park because we were able to get a free night there using our points.

Thanks Jeff,

Hotels.com no longer offers that hotel, but the price for a non sketchy place remains in the $90-100 range. I'll look another couple days.

Marlon

Marlon,

Did you try pricelining the hotel? I was able to get the Hyatt in Valencia for $55 per night.

Thanks Jeff,

Hotels.com no longer offers that hotel, but the price for a non sketchy place remains in the $90-100 range. I'll look another couple days.

Marlon

I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Stevenson Ranch a few years ago--it was OK and not expensive (at least when going through Hotwire). They had a good coffee shop on the grounds, too.

Hey I might not be able to come to SFMM until like 2 on Saturday (freaking CHSPE testing ), is there anyway I can come later? And if so, where would I pick up my packet and such?

GAH i'm gonna miss morning ERT . Oh well, nothing I can do about it=/

Hey I might not be able to come to SFMM until like 2 on Saturday (freaking CHSPE testing ), is there anyway I can come later? And if so, where would I pick up my packet and such?

The WCB flyer FAQs are your friend. Please read them. Thank you.

I already had my hotel booked, but decided to see if I could do better with Priceline. I've used it a few times in the past, but never for a Six Flags trip.

I couldn't get a good rate at the Hyatt. My last bid was $75, and it was rejected. I'm staying until Thursday, so that could have made the difference. But I did get the Residence Inn by Marriott in Santa Clarita for $60. That's 50% off the best price I could find online. It's a three star hotel on Priceline, and it's pretty close to Six Flags Magic Mountain. The reviews on Priceline and Trip Advisor are pretty good. I booked that today, so you can still find a good deal for WCB.

Kayak.com is good place to get deals, but you can usually get a better price at Priceline or Hotwire. Just be sure you understand how Priceline and Hotwire work. If you need two beds, or a room for more then two people, Priceline is not a good option. I've had good luck with hotels giving me what I needed, but it's not guaranteed. I won't use Priceline for flights, so Kayak has helped with that a few times.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the info. I tried Priceline again and got that Marriott Courtyard for $74.99 (60 plus all the fees).

So my lodging is nearly set for my visit next week. Now thinking of driving out to Big Bear Tuesday night & ski on St Pat's day! So I need a hotel out there.

Marlon Scott

The WCB flyer FAQs are your friend. Please read them. Thank you.

Haha must've missed that, thanks.