TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2010! Register Now! See Page 1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious about where everyone is staying (as in hotel) durring WCB. I'm a little confused on how to go about getting a hotel if checkout is usually not untill the afternoon and the event starts early in the morning. Any help would be awesome.

The way hotels work is that checkout is usually by 11am. That doesn't mean you HAVE to check out at 11am you can check out at any time in the morning.

Most people will stay at one of the many hotels in the Santa Clarita/Valencia area. CLICK HERE

The Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and Hilton Garden Inn are walking distance to SFMM.

The event ends at Magic Mountain at midnight and then Knott's starts the next day at 8am.

Not a lot of time between the two, but hey, that's all part of these crazy events!

It's up to you if you want to stay at the same hotel on Friday & Saturday night, get up ass early in the morning on Sunday and drive down to Knott's (you would probably need to be on the road no later than 6:30am to get to the park by 8am, assuming you have picked up your Knott's event packet at SFMM the day before.)

Either that or you can drive down on Saturday night (which there should be no traffic at all) and stay at one of the Knott's Berry Farm area hotels. CLICK HERE

The Roadway Inn and Super 8 are across the street from the park.

And then you probably only need to leave your hotel by 7:30 to get to the park by 8am (assuming you've picked up your event packet the day before at SFMM.)

It takes about 60 minutes in no traffic to get from SFMM to Knott's.

Hope this helps!

--Robb

^^Don't know what your parents think airfare prices should be, or if they were just paying you lipservice entertaining the notion that they would actually take you but there are a ton of airline and airport combinations from the New Hampshire area to LAX for $230 round trip with all taxes and fees. That's an amazing price.

UGH!!!!!

I'm going to politely ask that everyone READ THE FLYER http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/westcoastbash_2010.pdf before posting your question, as your question is already answered in the FAQ section of the flyer:

Q: How old do you have to be to attend West Coast Bash 2010?

A: There is no age limit for this event. We will have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson!

Is there or could there be a TPR Party Bus from the SF Bay Area to West Coast Bash?

I'm from the Bay Area and would love to attend West Coast Bash

and even better if others from the Bay Area or in Between could travel together. Maybe with 2 stops for others in between the Bay Area and So Cal.

Perhaps Starting in Vallejo or North Bay Area, with stops in San Jose and Los Banos?

^^Don't know what your parents think airfare prices should be, or if they were just paying you lipservice entertaining the notion that they would actually take you but there are a ton of airline and airport combinations from the New Hampshire area to LAX for $230 round trip with all taxes and fees. That's an amazing price.

my dad went to "triple a" plus we have to figure in car costs and hotels, unless I can find someone to carpool with it still won't work out. Do you have a link to the site with that or a similar deal?

If it doesn't work out though, are you guys still doing an east coast trip? If so are there still spots on that, or can I meat you at sfne or cannobie?

*UPDATE* I found a really cheap flight, they want $253.00 . Is there still time to register?

^ Im assuming there will be spots available for a few weeks as this is a pretty major event.(like 700 people went last year I am praying there are spots left I'm getting my friends cash on Friday or Saturday and paying for him using paypal because his parents wont let him have a credit card so he cant make a paypal.

First time poster, but long time lurker.

I'm interested in attending both days/events from Texas and haven't seen these questions asked yet.

1. If the Knotts event packet can be picked up Saturday at SFMM, is it still REQUIRED to arrive Sunday prior to 8 AM or can we be late arrivals for Knotts ERT?

2. How limited will this event be and how soon might it sell out?

Thanks,

Mike

While I haven't registered just yet (still need to discuss specifics w/ my fiancee and make sure I have the time off from work) if/when I do confirm it, it will just be the 2 of us, so I'd be able to pick up 2 other people who want/need cheap lodging and transportation from LAX and split the cost of rental car / hotel / gas.

Oh, and I usually get lower-cost accommodations on my budget trips (this is a budget trip every year for me) like a smaller-sized car from Budget and hotels like Days Inn / EconoLodge / Roadway, etc. So I'm guessing it'll be around $25-$50/day for the rental car (split between 3 or 4 people) and around $50-$75/night (split between 3 or 4 people).

If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me and we can work out details.

I remember back in 2005 for my first WCB I was entirely dependent on strangers who later became friends, so I'll be more than happy to extend the courtesy to others, lol.

1. If the Knotts event packet can be picked up Saturday at SFMM, is it still REQUIRED to arrive Sunday prior to 8 AM or can we be late arrivals for Knotts ERT?

If you picked up your event packet at SFMM the day before you aren't required to be there early. 7am - 8am is event packet pick up (for those people only doing Knott's, basically) and then you can show up to the park at whatever time you want because you'll have your ticket already.

--Robb