TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quick! a good coaster to draw for an art project!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I would love to draw El Toro's first drop. So photogenic. But I guess a steelie would be easier?

I second El Toro first drop, the drop looks amazing, even though it's not the steepest drop in the world, it look so steep it doesn't look real especially at the right angle.

I wouldn't recommend drawing from a photo, but from experience I can tell you that Intamins or B&Ms with tube supports usably work out the best for drawings, and when you study them you can easily pick up the track structure quickly making it realistic.

If you have to use a photo, find something good composition wise, or combine parts that look interesting. Remember, anyone can draw a virtual loop or a huge drop in the center of a page, but that don’t make it unique. Think outside the box.

I would actually suggest staying away from a wooden coaster since wooden support structures tend to fairly complex and can be difficult to draw well. I would go with a classic arrow element like a loop or a double corkscrew, simple yet elegant. Both would actually have some complexities if drawing in perspective.