TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Facebook Etiquette Tips: Photos and Tagging

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Last night was hilarious, my news feed came up with HIDE next to everyone, it wouldn't refresh, I couldn't leave comments without "oops something went wrong' showing up like 8 times first! So far so good today.

I've found that most Facebook problems can be solved by leaving the site, then coming back, but I've been pretty annoyed with their performance since the "upgrade," too.

Funny enough, it seemed like every other action I would try to take before the upgrade would always lead to "an error has occurred." But after the upgrade, I get it about once or twice a week instead of once ever hour.

Same for me.

Facebook has always been acting kinda wonky for Firefox users with chat errors, slow application load times, constant errors, etc... Even before the "upgrade". At least for me that is...

I've been using a proxy program to access my Facebook from home so Facebook acts funny for me, but if you're using Firefox, I would suggest using a different browser like Chrome, Opera, or even "shudders" IE for your Facebooking.

• 2 months later...

If you are reading this thread for the first time, READ THIS POST FIRST:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=833458#p833458

Ok, I think it's really time to bump this because recently I've found quite a few people tagging me in photos that I'm either not really in, or not looking at the camera, or just looking terrible (like more terrible than normal!)

Please, I beg of all of you who are going through photos and uploading them to Facebook...

DON'T TAG SOMEONE IN PHOTOS IF THEY LOOK BAD IN THE PHOTO!

No one wants a crappy picture of them plastered on their wall!

Edited by robbalvey

^ If you're still having trouble with apps making it to your wall, you can also contact the developers about said problems and I'm sure they'd take care of any concerns or problems you still have.

I've done it in the past, and I've gotten myself removed from their databases. Especially phone prank apps, I've had to file legal notices with them on how people abused their apps and have harassed me with them.

Just passing this by, if it can help any, Robb.

• 1 month later...

I think it's time we give this thread another bump! Especially with TPR trips in full swing now and many of us taking lots of photos it's important to understand good "Facebook Photo Etiquette."

I've added a few new items to the front page, so please take a look here:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=833458#p833458

Thank you!

--Robb

• 2 weeks later...

This sure is a lot of information to take in all at once. Thank you, Robb, for starting this thread, and thanks to everyone who have contributed their advice. I never got into the habit of posting many pics on myspace, and I am still very new to facebook. I can honestly say that I have tagged a few people that weren't the main subject matter of a picture, although I don't believe I have tagged anyone in an unflattering pose. However, if you feel the need to untag yourself from one of my pictures, please do. I will not take offense. Like I said before, I'm still very new to facebook and continue to learn the dos and don'ts of posting pictures.

• 1 month later...

Same here. While I appreciate people wanting to feature me in their updates, if I'm just standing around in the back of a photo, please don't tag me. Seriously. Don't tag me. If I want to be tagged in your photos, I'll do it myself.

--Robb

And here are some examples of photos where I have been tagged in lately that I've either left the tag or removed it. Hopefully this will help you with future photo tagging...

YES!

It's a good photo, I'm looking at the camera, and the people being tagged are the focal points of the picture. Good tagging job!

NO!!!!

It's a horrible, unflattering photo of me. I'm not looking at the camera. Why would someone even post this let alone tag it? It's horrible.

YES!

I'm the focal point of the picture, and you can see it's a picture of "me taking a picture of someone taking a picture." It's fine.

NO!!!

Can you even spot Robb Alvey in this picture? I sure can't. But I guess I am somewhere because I was tagged. Annoying!

YES!

Again, I'm the focal point of the photo, it's a good picture of someone having fun. Great tagging job!

NO!!!

Similar photo, but you can't even tell that's me. Why bother tagging this one?

YES!

It's a picture of me. It's funny. Good work on proper use of tagging etiquette!

NO! NO! NO!!!!

Seriously, WTF even is this? Silhouette view of the bus? You can't make out ANYONE in this photo! But yet, I was tagged in it. Beyond terrible!!!

I apologize if I've offended anyone with this update, but I just find poor use of judgment tagging Facebook photos a HUGE PET PEEVE of mine!

If I want to be tagged in your photos, I'll do it myself.

Thank you.

--Robb