TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ride Warrior Nation

They walk amongst us, mingling with the common person almost undetectably. They are the Ride Warriors. While you might know them as a mild mannered neighbor or the kid who sits next to you in class, there burns within a fire that feeds on the most intense thrills and a passion for the utter defiance of gravity.

To ride every ride,

in every seat,

on every train.

To seek out the tallest, fastest and steepest,

and ride them more times than you.

To ride on.

581 rides

122 coasters

Cedar Fair has made a new website, at least to my knowledge, advertising the thrill rides and coasters at all 11 of their parks.

You can search by each parks "signature attractions" as well as the other thrill rides offered by that park. I guess you can say it is kind of like RCDB, but it is solely for CF parks. You can also search by rides, and sub divide that search by height, speed, etc. There is also a free stuff tab and a tickets tab. The coolest thing for me though, is the forum. Yeah I'm staying true to my TPR blood, but it is a cool idea as you can have general discussions as well as park specific discussions.

Check it out for yourself!

Ride Warrior Nation!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god! Those forums are terrible.

Here is an actual quote, please note that the grammar in the post is not my own as I am not this gramatically challenged.

People...People!! everyone hear in so. cal hear me out if any one of you people agree that Knotts berry Farm is one of Americas Best theme parks.......with te best coasters........then thats were us ride warriors take the throne........if any one agrees or dissagrees with this post tell me why?? Christopher Lomeli at ridewarriornation.com

This is just terrible, and to top it off peole who are considering themselves "ride warriors" are challenging each other. What the #### are they challenging each other to? riding rides? It is just terrible. Also, why does it matter if you can ride more. Also, if I were a ride warrior I would not buy twilight and Linkin Park clothing from the ride warriors store, that would not make me a ride warrior, just a fan of pop culture.

The not a ride warrior Ghost

^According to ridewarriornation.com your not a very good ride warrior

Visit my new myspace page to help support Son Of Beast after we have so many supports comments and mail I will show Cedar Fair To show Son Of Beast is here to stay~VISIT~ www.myspace.com/sonofbeastkingsisland

Help support one person can make a differance to change the world so lets show them!!!!!!

Adam Woltermann

And theres the classic fanboy of Intamin(YAY INTAMIN) with this plan for Son of Beast.

The way it's been described, there are a limited number of options for the notoriously closed Son of Beast. Most people believe (and in some cases, hope) that its fate lies as the world's largest bonfire.

I know this sounds a little outrageous, but here's what I think could be the rides best chance of life. Leave it Standing But Not Operating for 2010. With such tremendous financial obligations already set for Kings Dominion and Carowinds, and with Kings Island just having gotten a new hyper last year, it certainly isn't our place to ask for a large monetary addition for 2010. But here's my idea:

1) Leave it SBNO for 2010.

2) End of 2010 season, dismantle everything except the first three hills (drop out of station, largest drop, second hill).

3) Bring in Intamin to re-create everything thereafter as an out-and-back coaster into the former Lion Country Safari lands.

4) Intamin can use it's plug-n-play models to make the ride incredibly smooth and safe.

This idea really isn't all that crazy. It would more than constitute a new ride for Kings Island for a few years, and since a bulk of lumber is used in the first two hills, the rest of the ride could follow the rough terrain of the Safari area and really make great use out of that speed without costing a lot for lumber.

If anyone could fix Son of Beast, it's Intamin. Just imagine the marketing! It could be renamed "Son of Beast: The Revenge." Or they could use what Paramount did back when it was closed for a period: "Son of Beast was a real brat - but now, he's on his best behavior."

Plus, not to ask for too much... But I feel like if any company out there could correctly create a looping wooden coaster, it's an Intamin Plug-n-Play... Wouldn't it be incredible? I would even be okay if they tore down Son of Beast completely with full intention to have Intamin rebuild a looping wooden coaster (even if it weren't the tallest or fastest) eventually. Son of Beast is just too awesome of an idea to let it die completely, especially when it could be one of the greatest wooden coasters on Earth if Intamin were to be behind it.

I don't know about you, but I'd give up whatever new small rides we were going to get within the next 7 or 8 years in order to have an Intamin-built, looping Son of Beast.

Ideas? Thoughts?

GoodYellowKorn182

His intentions are good, but I dont think he realizes that plug n plays are prefabbed, so this idea would not work without coming down. He also has a good mindset for working for Cedar Fair as the proposed name for the new ride is Son of Beast: The Revenge.

^According to ridewarriornation.com your not a very good ride warrior
Visit my new myspace page to help support Son Of Beast after we have so many supports comments and mail I will show Cedar Fair To show Son Of Beast is here to stay~VISIT~ www.myspace.com/sonofbeastkingsisland

Help support one person can make a differance to change the world so lets show them!!!!!!

Adam Woltermann

Does this mean I have to challenge him to a joust to protect my ridewarrior "honor?"

I love when people think a myspace page in tribute will mean anything for the rides future

Yup I definitely had a good laugh there! This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read...

I'm a ride warrior, for sure. I really am. I am because I rode the rollercoasters the most. I saw the commercial and laughed because, well, I've been calling myself a ride warrior long before the commercial came out!

Mostly, I'm a ride warrior because of my name, Gaylord Wadsworth. It's the same name that my grandfather had when he went on his first roller coaster. Lotta history behind that name. A name is big on the whole ride warrior thing.

And one more thing. If ANY of you think you can beat me at being a ride warrior, I AM up for the challenge. Give it your best shot. Meet me up. Meet the ride warrior to end all ride warriors.

The site lists both Diamondback and Behemoth as giga coasters... Cedar Fair is the best!

Oh... and The Grizzly at Great America is the third highest ranked ride on the site! Nice!

That is just completely sad.

Yup I definitely had a good laugh there! This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read...

I'm a ride warrior, for sure. I really am. I am because I rode the rollercoasters the most. I saw the commercial and laughed because, well, I've been calling myself a ride warrior long before the commercial came out!

Mostly, I'm a ride warrior because of my name, Gaylord Wadsworth. It's the same name that my grandfather had when he went on his first roller coaster. Lotta history behind that name. A name is big on the whole ride warrior thing.

And one more thing. If ANY of you think you can beat me at being a ride warrior, I AM up for the challenge. Give it your best shot. Meet me up. Meet the ride warrior to end all ride warriors.

What challenge? To ride a rollercoaster? "I am a ride warrior because I rode the rollercoasters the most"- compared to what, not riding at all? The most compared to who? Big deal. But that name just screams 'please kick the crap out of me' all over it.

Maybe I'll join the forum just to see how much crap I can talk to them before I get banned......sounds like fun!

When I made this thread, I was under the impression that it was a good website and I still stand behind that. Yes, the forums are completely ridiculous, but is it really that bad?

Lets look at it from Cedar Fair stand point. The website is not the most complex in the world and simply offers some facts and pictures of each of their parks signatures attraction, some thrill rides and then offers a forum. This is beneficial for a couple reasons. First, if a potential customer is on the fence about wanting to spend their hard earned money on a family trip, they visit the website and see that it has a 200 foot tall coaster! But then you read more and find out it has Talon, a very large invert, but it also has Hydra! You're now sold as you see the park will offer, even yourself, some thrill rides while keeping your family busy. Just like that, there is money in Cedar Fairs pocket. Second, the forum is riddled with people talking about all the different rides. "Hey Joe! Have you ridden Prowler yet? The new wood coaster at Worlds of Fun. I totally ride warrior-ed that 20 times in a row!" "No Steve, I haven't ridden it but I have ridden Millennium Force. Easily the best coaster out there." To me, that looks like free marketing and anyone who has taken somekind of business class knows free is the best, and you only make profits through marketing. Also, a firm lives and dies by word of mouth, so by having a place for people to talk about their experiences truly does help the parks reputations. So what if they say I will out warrior you on XXXX coaster? It brings guests to the park so they can ride more rides and spend more money. To conclude, I don't see a problem from Cedar Fairs stand point. It helps a potential guest learn some facts and make a decision. It also facilitates a place for people to talk about their experiences. Two wins in my eyes.

From a guest standpoint. You could call me the average roller coaster guy and only go to a theme park a couple times a year. I get headaches after riding too many rides but I do like to have a good scare. I'm browsing through the website and see this coaster named Xcellerator that launches you 0-80 in like 2 seconds. Come to think of it, I was planning a cali trip for my family and me and this park looks really great. I think I will schedule in a day when we will go. Example 2, you're just some high schooler from the Ohio region, I am going to go head over to the forum and tell the world I rode TTD 10 times and rode Son of Beast with the loop. I also challenge anyone that wants to out ride me. To conclude, it is a way for the general public to learn more about your parks and see that Cedar Fair does have parks all across the country. It is also a place where I can say I rode TTD a million times. For the theme park enthusiast, so what, I rode TTD a million and one times? Well, to many TTD is a terrifying coaster, you saying you rode it that many times could encourage someone else to ride it. Again, I don't see a problem.

From the coaster enthusiast stand point. The forum is full of general public that have no idea what they are talking about and are stupid for challenging each other. REALLY?! Are we that elite just because we spend our time on TPR and RCDB every waking minute of the day? No. Sure we may know a lot more than everyone else, but that doesn't give us the right or privilege to start bashing them on our own forum.

When I created this thread, I had no intentions of it being a flame war or another bashing the general public thread. I was simply pointing out that, hey, there is this website called Ride Warrior Nation that offered some facts and a forum on everything cedar fair. Which I forgot to mention, is a smart move by Cedar Fair in the day and age of everything internet.

I'm just saying, can we give it a rest? We're not better than them, so lets stop acting like it.

Jordan "Can we lock this thread" Darrington