TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going On Any Awesome Trips Next Year?

Well..

I live about an hour from the Dells...so--I have to ride Avalanche again next summer. But I'm also planning a trip to Ohio. I really want to re-visit the Columbus Zoo and ride the Sea Dragon. That was the first rollercoaster that I ever rode. Then I was thinking about heading down to Kings Island and going on the Beast (I've never gone..glup ).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First trip is happening for sure:

Day 9:

-Six Flags America

-Kennywood

-Fun Fore All

SFA and Kennywood on the same day? That seems like a stretch to me since they are very far apart, especially given traffic out of DC.

Day 9:

-Six Flags America

-Kennywood

-Fun Fore All

How in the world are you going to pull this off in one day?

Day 9

-Six Flags America (10:30am-noon)

-Drive 4hr 30min

-Kennywood (5pm-10pm)

-Drive 45min

-Fun Fore All (10pm-11pm)

I can't remember if Fun Fore All has their coaster open that late though. We tried to go there last year, but we wouldn't have gotten there until 30min after closing. Kennywood can close earlier than 10pm, so if they close early we might go to fun fore all. If they stay open until 10 and we're having a lot of fun with night rides we probably won't leave just to ride a kiddie coaster.

When I have some I need to figure out how much this whole thing is going to cost.

I hope that works out for you; should be a long, but exciting day.

Since I got a Maxx Pass from Cedar Fair I'm planning on getting out to:

- Kings Dominion several times

- Carowinds

- Kings Island

- Dorney Park

Outside of that I'll go to Cedar Point if I can take enough time off to get to both Kings Island and Cedar Point in the same trip. I also want to get to Kennywood at some point. Six Flags America is always a possibility, but I haven't decided for certain if I'm going to get a season pass next year...

My first trip is going to be the TPR U.K. trip in June, WOO-HOO!!

Every year one of my buddies is granted a furlough from his domestic warden and we go on a baseball/amusement park trip. This year we're headed to New York and Boston to catch a Mets game a Shea and a Sox game at Fenway. In the process we'll be making stops at Lake Compounce, Quassy, and Six Flags New England.

I also won some tickets to Holiday World, so if I have the funds, I'll hopefully be heading to Santa Claus in between those trips.

In addition I'll make my usual trips to my "home parks"(I live near Houston), Fiesta Texas and SFOT, throughout the season.

The most exciting trip though is the trip to the U.K. I've wanted to go on a TPR trip for years, and I've never been out of the country. Now I'm getting to do both!

Let's see:

Hersheypark in April (hopefully if Fahrenheit and Storm Runner operate).

Six Flags Great Adventure (April or May).

Dorney Park (Physics Day).

Cedar Point (Unknown at this point).

Kings Island (Unknown at this point).

Dorney Park (Hopefully to go to the waterpark and ride Demon Drop).

From here I'll be in college so hopefully Hersheypark later in the summer and again in October since it's not far away. If I get a job there, then it will be more frequent. lol

Eh, nothing too exciting in 2010.

January - WDW, USO, SWO(?), BGT

March - West Coast Bash, California Road trip with parks

May - Bay Area Bash

June - TPR Europe Trip

August - TPR Middle America Trip

September - DLR, LA area parks

Since I opted not to go on a TPR trip this year, a friend and I decided to do our own little trip.

We're hitting Holiday World, Kings Island and Cedar Point this June. Not a big trip, but should be good times anyways. He's a new coaster enthusiast, so it'll be nice to expose him to some awesome new rides.

And of course, I'll be doing the whole Canada's Wonderland/Martin's Fantasy Island/Darien Lake thing again this year since they're all close to me.

I'm actually planning my first sort of coaster trip, any feedback people can give me is hugely appreciated.

It's just a small, two-day trip (one night in a hotel) to five parks. I'm mostly doing it to ride Boulder Dash and Bizarro, and one of my priorities is try both of them at night (especially BD), which is why I ordered it as I did. Here's my plan, leaving from just outside of Philadelphia:

EDIT: Changed Day 1 to reflect apparent move of Darien Lake across NY.

Day 1

Leave ~8:30AM

Coney Island

Rye Playland

Lake Compounce

Day 2

Quassy ~11:00AM

SFNE and drive home late at night.

Can anybody think of a more efficient way of doing these? Any parks I should add in or take out without requiring another day? Any and all help is nice, I'm sure I'll have a few more questions later, but I'm just wondering about basic info right now.

^ I haven't been to any of those parks but Day 1 is impossible with those times.

I just mapquested Rye Playland to Darien Lake and they are over 6 hours apart. Then Darien Lake to Lake Compounce is about 6 and a half hours. That doesn't include eating, traffic, getting in/out of the car, parking, and walking to the parks either.

^

I'd drawn up a Google Maps, and it was taking me to a lake called Darien Lake conveniently located 20 minutes north of Rye. I never even thought to double check. I guess I'll substitute in Coney Island in Darien's place. I still feel a little bit ridiculous though.

^I considered that, but one of my goals was to do Compounce and SFNE at night for night rides on Bizarro and Boulder Dash, and I can't see how I could do that with the little bit of darkness (this'll probably be late June, which are the longest days of the year) when the two are an hour apart. I'd also like to get a decent amount of Bizarro rides in, so I was hoping to go to SFNE on a day when I wasn't doing much else. At any rate, I appreciate your feedback.

^^This is a very possible solution. I did all three of these in one day last July and had no problem getting all the credits.

Just for reference I did the parks in the order of SFNE, Quassy, and then Lake Compounce. LC has an evening discount so it worked out perfectly.

EDIT:

^ Just a heads up, Lake Compounce closes at 8 in the latter half of June next year. This will allow you very little night time rides. They close at 8 next year Monday-Thursday, 9 on Friday, and 10 on Saturday in the months of July and August. A Friday or Saturday night in July or August would allow you more night time rides.

I haven't really planned out my trips yet, but I have my parks

Since I live relevantly close to Carowinds, I will be going there multiple times. My Dad, brother, his friend and I always take an annual trip to Cedar Point. I decided to add Kings Island to the trip this year since We've never been there. So we'll be going to Cedar Point for I hope 3 days, which will probably end up being 2 days since we are going to Kings Island for a day.

We'll head to Ohio, go to Cedar Point for a few days then head to Kings Island.

I might be going to Kings Dominion next year as well. I don't know how we will set up that trip as in we will go one day, head straight there and back, or go two days and stay somewhere.

That's really all that I can go to this year. When I get money for the 2011 season, I plan on paying for the trip, but that's 2011, not 2010.

^^This is a very possible solution. I did all three of these in one day last July and had no problem getting all the credits.

Just for reference I did the parks in the order of SFNE, Quassy, and then Lake Compounce. LC has an evening discount so it worked out perfectly.

EDIT:

^ Just a heads up, Lake Compounce closes at 8 in the latter half of June next year. This will allow you very little night time rides. They close at 8 next year Monday-Thursday, 9 on Friday, and 10 on Saturday in the months of July and August. A Friday or Saturday night in July or August would allow you more night time rides.

I didn't consider doing them in that order, it makes plenty of sense though! IF things work out right with my credits (and that's a mammoth IF), my 300th coaster will happen the day I do those three parks, and it will be on a Friday. So the choice will either be Bizarro or Boulder Dash for #300. Now that's a tough choice!

I didn't consider doing them in that order, it makes plenty of sense though! IF things work out right with my credits (and that's a mammoth IF), my 300th coaster will happen the day I do those three parks, and it will be on a Friday. So the choice will either be Bizarro or Boulder Dash for #300. Now that's a tough choice!

Hmmm... Well my personal preference would be Boulder Dash for #300. However, if you have the chance to ride it at night, I think that would be the better option, no matter what number credit it is. When I did this trip last year, my 100th coaster ended up being Catwoman's Whip. I guess I didn't plan that one too well.

^

I almost want to make one of my big milestone coasters something lame, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It has to be epic every time! But I know that one of these days I'll get stuck with a crappy milestone coaster.

Right now my biggest goal is getting every available woodie credit in the U.S. However, the Kiddie Coaster at Playland in NY has a max height restriction, so that just kills it right off the bat.

2010 parks I will be visiting:

World's of Fun (home park)

Six Flags St. Louis

Silver Dollar City

ValleyFair

Six Flags Great America

Six Flags Great Adventure

Six Flags New England

Six Flags America

BGE

Hershey

Dorney

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

All the East Coast ones are on the Ryerson 2010 East Coast Trip. Was planning on TPR's, but my MBA classes will not allow.

Well, I'm going on a huge trip to Europe over the summer, so I'll be hitting some of the parks there. So far I'm expecting to hit

Efteling

Walibi World Holland

Toverland

Maybe Phantasialand, and possibly some other places too. I just need to figure out what else will be accessible if I'm going to Holland, Belgium and France.

In the US, I'll be going to my home parks, Cedar Point and Kings Island, and most likely Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Europe and Holiday World.