TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going On Any Awesome Trips Next Year?

In just about 1 month I will open my 2010 Roller Coaster Season in Florida! This will be my shortest off-season ever lasting just 64 days since November 1st when I closed out my 2009 Roller Coaster Season at Hershey Park on the Comet. Thanks to getting accepted at the Disney College Program as an attractions cast member I will be living in Lake Buena Vista, Florida from January 5-August 1st 2010! Sadly for this reason I cannot attend a TPR trip like I hoped to but that does not mean my season can’t be credit crazy & fun! I started planning small trips of my own & I expect to hit 350+ credits if all goes well by the end of the year! August will be a big month for me becuase I will hit a bunch of parks moving back from Florida to NJ also I might go on a small trip to the midwest. Sometime in February or March I want to go to Texas. Dollywood is a maybe don't know when I'll be able to go there. In October I will hit Halloween events in my area & New England again including HHN 20. So what coaster trips will you be going on 2010?

Home Parks (visiting whenever January-August):

Universal Studios Florida

Islands of Adventure

Hollywood Studios

EPCOT

Magic Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Sea World Orlando

Old Town

Busch Gardens Africa

Six Flags Great Adventure *Home Park in August

Clementon Park *Home Park in August

February or March:

Six Flags Over Texas

Sea World San Antonio

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Boomers

April/May/June (not sure what month):

Dollywood

August:

Wild Adventures

Six Flags Over Georgia

Carowinds

Busch Gardens Europe

Kings Dominion

Six Flags Great Adventure

Clementon Park

Morey's Piers

Dorney Park (Also in October)

Hershey Park (Also in October)

Knoebels (Also in October)

Holiday World

Kings Island

Cedar Point

Waldameer

Kennywood

September/October:

Six Flags New England

Lake Compounce

Quassy Amusement Park

The Great Escape

La Ronde

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so extensive as your list, but well:

- Citytrip Manchester including Alton Towers & Blackpool Pleasure Beach

- USA-trip east-coast + Vegas including: BGW, Kings Dominion, Six Flags Great Adventure (with the superexpensive flashpass :s), Six Flags New England and possibly Lake Compounce.

Looks like you will have a great year!

Right now if I can't get my money straight I won't be doing anything except parks close to me. But if I am able I have a plan set out to do something similar to the TPR northeast trip this year but with a couple different parks sometime at the end of June or early July.

Not so extensive as your list, but well:

- Citytrip Manchester including Alton Towers & Blackpool Pleasure Beach

- USA-trip east-coast + Vegas including: BGW, Kings Dominion, Six Flags Great Adventure (with the superexpensive flashpass :s), Six Flags New England and possibly Lake Compounce.

If you're going as far north as SFNE, there is no reason to not add Lake Compounce. They have an evening rate of just $18, which you can do the evening before you do SFNE. The evening rate will give you plenty of time because Boulder Dash is the only really key thing to do there.

Wow Matt ! Very impressive plans you have.

What I have in mind so far :

July :

Efteling meet up with TPR if that is opened for non trip participants.

July :

Phantasialand, Nuburgring, Skyline park, Legoland, Europapark & Walygator park. Maybe we have to skip 1 park because in the meanwhile I know the Tour de France is passing by my door on July 4th (and who wants to miss that ? ), so we'll probably only leave to Phantasialand on Sunday evening. I still have to think about that.

August :

1 week Port Aventura

Octobre :

if the Orlando Halloween TPR trip is opened for past trip participants, I'll be in for that trip.

Octobre :

Moviepark Germany Horror Fest

Somewhere during the year, we'll probably hit DLP once more aswell.

A group of friends and myself are going to SFOG for opening weekend (March 6-7).

I have not quite decided yet but I may try to take a trip to Cedar Point and Kings Island in May, depends on if I can get a group together like my trip in March.

In October I will be spending a week in SoCal and hitting, KBF, SFMM, and Disney.

Inbetween I will be frequenting my home park Dixie Landin'/ Blue Bayou.

Everything is 100% tentative but this is what I would love for my schedule to look like.

March: SFMM

April: PNE Playland

May: Silverwood

June: SFFT, SWSA

August: Midwest

No month planned: Lagoon, Lakeside, Elitch

Definitely 100% unconfirmed, more like fantasies, but if I write them down maybe they'll become more like "goals" and I'll be more likely to achieve them!

Right now the biggest trip is the move to Orlando!!! Other trips include

Baseball and Roller Coaster trip including

-Holiwood Nights at Holiday World

-SF STL

-STL Cardinals Game

-Silver Dollar City

- Worlds of Fun

- Tour of Royals park and the Negro League HoF

- The parks of Nebraska

- Arnold's Park

- Possibly a game at the new Twins stadium

All the parks of the WI Dells

3-4 trips to central FL before moving

Definite:

Cedar Point (staying on property at the BREAKERS!)

Kings Island

Kings Dominion (never been)

Carowinds

SFoG

That CedarFair MAXPass is too good to pass up!

Maybe:

Holiday World

WDW (I dont know if this is final or not)

So hopefully that will be 14 + 1 + 2 new coasters! Including the Intimidators!

January - Legoland CA and RCCL cruise

March - non-park road trip to Dallas, to visit friends

August - IntimadaTour!!!!!

November or December - non-park road trip to New England, to visit family

throughout the year - multiple WDW trips

I don't believe my season will start until June, I will be in London and while I'm there I plan to travel up to Alton Towers, and I will do Thorpe Park as well. Why not more parks you ask? Because I have a lot of non-park plans.

Then I will go on the TPR Europe Trip and finally ride Expedition GeForce, once I finish up in Amsterdam, I plan on going to Walibi World and the the day after that I will probably visit Amsterdam Dungeon and ride their indoor coaster.

That's my set in stone plans.

After an awesome Halloween in LA this October past, I plan on returning to the USA in October again and doing 2 out of the following 3 things:

*LA Halloween again HHN and Knott's Scary farm, it will depend on if they have different stuff.

*Orlando Halloween HHN, & Howl'O'Scream, and maybe a credit run at Disney and Sea World.

*North East Jaunt - SFNE, Compounce, GADv and possibly KD.

I have several planned, but who knows how many will happen.

January:

Knott's

SFMM

Pacific Park

**and as many of the small LA parks as I can, depending on time and money, also doing the Vegas coasters and the Grand Canyon as a plus!

April:

Carowinds

Kings Dominion

SFA

**probably going for I305's opening, it's a gigacoaster, and my home park

May:

Holiday World for Holiwood Nights

**if Holiwood Nights is indeed the last weekend of May again, I'll be going on Friday and going to the Indy 500 on Sunday (they'll be on the same weekend)

August:

SFDK

CGA

**not sure when exactly in August this will happen, but I'm definitely going to SF

I'm also trying to plan a road trip to go to Indiana Beach, SFGAm, the Dells, and Valleyfair some time during the summer. Whether or not it will actually happen is still up in the air. I had wanted to do a trip to New England, but it will have to wait at least another year.

I'll probably be going to either the Netherlands or Sweden on an exchange program for the summer so hopefully my family will like roller coasters and be willing to take me to a park or two! I really want to go to Walibi World or Liseberg. But I don't know if that will happen.

I'll also be going to Wild Waves in June and might make it to PNE Playland at some point...this years season isn't looking too great. I hate living where driving anywhere takes hours and hours.

My Current List of parks I'll visit next year.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Disneyland Resort

Knotts Berry Farm

California's Great America

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Vallyfair

Nickelodeon Universe

Mt. Olympus

Timber Falls

Six Flags Great America

Indiana Beach

Holiday World

Six Flags St Louis

Silver Dollar City

Worlds of Fun

Adventureland

I have several planned, but who knows how many will happen.

January:

Knott's

SFMM

Pacific Park

**and as many of the small LA parks as I can, depending on time and money, also doing the Vegas coasters and the Grand Canyon as a plus!

April:

Carowinds

Kings Dominion

SFA

**probably going for I305's opening, it's a gigacoaster, and my home park

May:

Holiday World for Holiwood Nights

**if Holiwood Nights is indeed the last weekend of May again, I'll be going on Friday and going to the Indy 500 on Sunday (they'll be on the same weekend)

August:

SFDK

CGA

**not sure when exactly in August this will happen, but I'm definitely going to SF

I'm also trying to plan a road trip to go to Indiana Beach, SFGAm, the Dells, and Valleyfair some time during the summer. Whether or not it will actually happen is still up in the air. I had wanted to do a trip to New England, but it will have to wait at least another year.

Just wanted to let you know HoliWood Nights is the first weekend in June this year.

I'll be going to the usual home parks several times (Castle Park, Knott's, Disney, and SFMM). There's also Universal Studios Hollywood and Legoland, which I still haven't been to, so I'm definitely going to try to make it to those this (er...next) year.

I'm also planning an East Coast for late June next year to SFNE, Lake Compounce, SFGAdv, Dorney, Knoebels, and Hershey.

If everything goes well, my count will get up to the 180's! Should be a great year.