TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

24 Days of Theme Park Review Videos!

WARNING!!! THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS SOME CRAZY FOUL LANGUAGE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Manhattan Express!

I'm told by many that this is the end-all, be-all classic TPR video! I'll let you be the judge. Personally I like some of our music videos better but this short little POV that is the hell called "Manhattan Express" and the colorful words we use during the ride can be very hilarious!

Enjoy!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=manhattan_express_pmws[/coastertube]

I do want to note that this footage was shot in 2004 and I have been on the ride several times since and never have I experienced such a horrible ride as the one shot in this video. I'm told that the new trains did help the ride somewhat. The ride is by all means not "great" at all, but at least it doesn't kill your body like it used to!!

It's because I was on the ride with you wasn't it?

I think my back still hurts from that thing.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each one of our "Coaster Expedition" Series DVDs starts out with an "Opening Segment" which is kind of a compliation of several different parks, TPR antics, and overall just sets the mood for the rest of the DVD.

There have been openings that I've really felt stood out, ones that I look back on and think "that one could have been better" but I really think one of the absolute BEST DVD openers we did was from the most recent Coaster Expedition Volume 12. Take a look...

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=vol12_opening_2k48[/coastertube]

Awesome video Robb. For anyone who has been there why does everyone like journeys lava monster so much? Don't get me wrong lava monsters are totally awesome and the actual monster looks very cool and well done, but does anything specifically set it apart? Regardless if someone were to randomly ask me what non coaster I most want to ride before I die its journey. One of these years I would love to do a japan/asia tpr trip.

For anyone who has been there why does everyone like journeys lava monster so much? Don't get me wrong lava monsters are totally awesome and the actual monster looks very cool and well done, but does anything specifically set it apart?

Wes?

Got to ask Rob how many Chipz albums do you have quality video that

I'm actually not the biggest fan of Ch!pz. I find their stuff to be mostly an Aqua-Knock off with only one or two decent (and useable for a video) songs per album.

Aqua on the other hand...every song they have is perfection!

Toybox is pretty decent too. Same with Cartoons.

--Robb

For anyone who has been there why does everyone like journeys lava monster so much? Don't get me wrong lava monsters are totally awesome and the actual monster looks very cool and well done, but does anything specifically set it apart?

Wes?

The question answers itself. Lava Monster is awesome because he is Lava Monster.

Got to ask Rob how many Chipz albums do you have quality video that

I'm actually not the biggest fan of Ch!pz. I find their stuff to be mostly an Aqua-Knock off with only one or two decent (and useable for a video) songs per album.

Aqua on the other hand...every song they have is perfection!

Toybox is pretty decent too. Same with Cartoons.

--Robb

Are you sure your not my son Robb you have a remarkably similar taste in music

And with each Coaster Expedition DVD if there is an opening segment, then there must be a closing segment (well, with all volumes except one! Anyone know what Coaster Expedition DVD did NOT have a closing segment?)

Anyway, if the goal of the opening segment is to set the mood for the rest of the DVD then the closing segment needs to wrap it all up!

It's hard to create a segment that basically "caps" the DVD because you're not really telling a "story" throughout the DVD (well, I guess we kind of are) and the closing segment isn't really an 'ending' either. It does need to bring some sort of "closure" to what you've just watched.

Traditionally the closing segment is one of the most difficult segments of the entire DVD to put together because it's the last thing the viewer is going to see and you want it to be memorable!

The closing segment from our first TPR Trip in 2006 I think really captures this well:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=vol_8_closing_27hb[/coastertube]