TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

24 Days of Theme Park Review Videos!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Video Robb. I really hope that SFMM will someday use those fire house water cannons for Log Jammer. I'd probably spend about $20.00 in quarters on that if they did.

Yeah but those 800 quarters would pay for about 5 minutes of legal advice from the team of attorneys that would likely have to be hired to ward off all the lawsuits.

Those water cannons are INSANE!!!

When people ask me "What is your most crazy day at a theme park ever?"

I have to respond "Nasu Highland, Japan. The day we rode coasters in the snow..."

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=nasu_dr5l[/coastertube]

Also, please answer the poll question. I'd like to get some data about how you all are watching these videos and/or downloading them via CoasterTube.

I've always wanted to ride coasters in the snow, but from the looks of this video I don't want to anymore.
How does the video make you not want to ride coasters in the snow? It makes me want to ride coasters in the snow.

^ Most parks in Japan are year-round regardless of weather mainly because in Japan they don't really have or seem to understand the concept of "Seasonal Employment."

If you go to work for a company in Japan, it's expeced that it's a full time position and you'll have that job sometimes for life.

This is also why entrance tickets in Japan are much higher because they need to compensate for the very empty off-season where the park still needs to stay open all week long.

Some parks close a couple of day during the week during the off-season but most of them are year round.

During our December/January visits we encountered snow at many different parks in Japan.

--Robb

^ Most parks in Japan are year-round regardless of weather mainly because in Japan they don't really have or seem to understand the concept of "Seasonal Employment."

If you go to work for a company in Japan, it's expeced that it's a full time position and you'll have that job sometimes for life.

This is also why entrance tickets in Japan are much higher because they need to compensate for the very empty off-season where the park still needs to stay open all week long.

Some parks close a couple of day during the week during the off-season but most of them are year round.

During our December/January visits we encountered snow at many different parks in Japan.

--Robb

Do they have any major holidays, that may cause the capacity of guests to increase? Like theme parks on the fourth of July? Anyhow, at least they have an element of job security, since they won't have to rehire every new season. Though I wonder how the cold affects the maintenance...

How many parks can you do in one day?

Our record is SEVEN!!!

That's right...SEVEN!

Watch us as we visit -

1. Mt. Olympus

2. Little Amerricka

3. Satan's Villiage

4. Safari Land

5. Kiddieland

6. Jeepers

7. Six Flags Great America

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=7_parks_1_day_vp9l_auzw[/coastertube]

Back in the days when Six Flags had some themeparks in Europe, they had a special challenge.

During this 48-HR Rollercoaster Challenge a bus full of rollercoaster fans had to visit all SF-Europe themeparks: Six Flags Holland, Warner Bros. Movie World Bottrop, Six Flags Belgium, Bellewaerde Park, Walibi Lorraine, Walibi Rhône-Alpes, Walibi Aquitaine and Warner Bros. Movie World Madrid.

48 hours, 8 themeparks and 5 countries in a 1800 mile trip.