TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Jarmor's Nolimits Coaster Catalog

^If you're building flat-spins, there will be some lateral G's especially working inverted coasters. Even Newton2 can't avoid it. It's the nature of the design, and even Batman: The Ride has moments touching 1 full lateral G, because the wing-overs are so tight.

Basically, I really need to see or ride the element myself to see what's up. Otherwise, I can't give much advice.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I'm not sure there really is a sure-fire way of making flatspins on inverteds. Newton2, if you use sextic and leave about .3 Gs works out at about .7 lateral Gs depending on the current speed. Also, in Newton2, in some cases, Make each transition timewarping , switch to bump where applicable, and lower the tension below 0. -50 is about as tensionless as possible but there are downsides for everything. No clue for handbuilding.

^^ I'm not sure there really is a sure-fire way of making flatspins on inverteds. Newton2, if you use sextic and leave about .3 Gs works out at about .7 lateral Gs depending on the current speed. Also, in Newton2, in some cases, Make each transition timewarping , switch to bump where applicable, and lower the tension below 0. -50 is about as tensionless as possible but there are downsides for everything. No clue for handbuilding.

The thing is I dont use tools. I kinda got the rotation in a fluid mode after alot of tweeking im gonna post it in less than a week. I really, really wanna learn 3DS so I can complete the experience.

Maybe one of you experience makers can form an aliance with me?

And thanks guys for the info!

"Up up and away!"...no wait, thats superman...right? Hummm...

^Huh, I usually do my wing-overs a different, more simple way and they capture the feel perfectly. The lateral G's never being applied, just an end resultant to the rotational geometry.

No, I lock the lateral forces at zero. But the end result in the sim is .7. Newton2 has flaws, unfortunately. It's probably a very similar method to yours, you just described the very effect I achieve. Make a multi-zone force style loop with .3-.7 sextic force transition, add roll, fix centers with timewarping....eh, along the lines of that. I honestly don't even think about it anymore.

Now double takes and top hats....on the other hand....I just have no clue how to do.

^Oh, okay...that's how it should be.

And it's not Newton's fault, it's the coaster car's fault and the inevitability of rotational forces. For example, the outside seat (due to B&M's design) may experience up to ±1 lateral G on a perfectly heartlined wing-over. Real rides are like this as well. The only coaster that would practically eliminate rotational geometry would be Arrow's pipeline coaster, where the center of the track IS the heartline. If only the concept became more fully developed.

Anyway, I could elaborate, but I think we get the point. No track with cars above it or below it can be shaped to get rid of rotational G's. Only pipeline coasters that sit IN the track.

Jarmor-are you opposed to using tools? They can be blended into handbuilding if you set everything up right. They really do help. Sometimes, there's an element you can't get right, and Newton2 allows you to input the beginning height, speed, rolls, and forces, build from that base, and export as an element so that everything fits together like a huge puzzle. Or you can do everything in Newton2.

An artist and an auto tuner. I think you meant performer or player. Artistry involves originality and if they only record the song, it's not an artist, merely a performer. If they actually compose it, it's artistry. Would you call someone who photocopied the Mona Lisa an Artist? Hopefully not. (It's actually illegal)

But I kinda get your point. What about the .3d airtime hill shapes you've used. Don't they count as 'tools' (used loosely).

Like a conductor and a metronome, this time?

nah I meant autotuner. A true artist doesnt need auto tune to sound good lol and they shun against people who get praised for their "singing abilities" when their voice is generated. Not saying people who use tools need them to make a good coaster but I just feel essence of the builder shows thru w/o tools. But it really balls down to layout which I pride myself on. I see alot of tooled coasters with really lack luster layouts. it seemed they put more focus on tooling out the coaster than the layout, besides if someone can get the g's in tact without tools they are a master builder to me. I am trying to be a master builder and im almost accomplished that. Once I get that then i'll tamper with tools...

Ahhhh...Im impress with handbuilding!

(you can see 4 of the ? inversions in this shot, sorry no lift hill included)

As far as the shapes, They are a tool to assist but they dont generate the coaster. They are, to me, just a guideline. They dont generate the track for me and to be honest I dont really use those anymore except the circle one.

Im more interested in custom scenery than tools for the coaster!

Ok I need some testers. I have never really did this before but I want some opinions so the first 3 people who reply to this I will PM you more info.

Also any of you awesome theme builders wanna build the station please let me know also we can talk!

• 3 months later...

It's a pretty good ride for a small park. Really quick, some airtime in places, good first drop.

My only real criticism is your odd blocking. You've got some impossible blocks like the magnetic brakes. Magnetic brakes cannot act as a block because they can't fully stop a train. You need a friction brake or, in the case of Intamins, a drive tire to stop the train. You've got that weird magnetic block brake before the lift hill, and that fails because if you dispatch a train once that block's clear, you can get two trains on the lift hill at the same time. You have a tiny block brake before the main brakes, and the only reason that doesn't fail E-stop and have a collision is because your lift hill starts so slowly.

You've also got those pull-away magnetic brakes in the station, and those aren't needed. Tires can stop and start the train.

• 6 months later...

Long time. Well i've gotten into the "wingwalker" craze and came up with a design. I tried to be as realistic (boring lol) as possible. I can see a small well to do park getting this coaster. It's fairly short as far as height but it still packs a good punch. Im actually thinking about tieing this coaster into a contest that I think I have never seen before...heh heh. Well here is a video of the ride experience.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Default_0ckp[/coastertube]

haha...I totally didnt realize the coaster turns to the left the entire time...

I would have loved to have an official air time hill (and I tried in one of the versions) but it would have been too slow to take it (top speed is 45mph).

Thanks for the feedback!

• 1 month later...

My latest creation! A Pretty sweet gnihcnual shuttle coaster. It was pretty fun to make this coaster due the challances it posed; Finding the right launching system, getting the right speed for the forward and return sections and making all the hills bearable! The coaster would also feature a duel loading slidding platform similar to the mr freeze coasters! Im still working/struggling on the theme for this bad boy! But in the meantime here is a POV...

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=launchtophat_up69[/coastertube]

The white one: ...nice preview of the "LC 12 coaster / Thorpe Park" i remember, i did seen this video before but well it´s much FUN!!!

To the Microcoaster: ...really Nice! But the colors /o\ ..

..i like your projects! I hope to see more of this stuff

• 2 years later...

Guess who is (kinda) back! This family coaster was inspired by coasters like fire chaser express, expedition everest/grizzly mountian and ben 10! I utilize nolimits in a way I have yet to see! Its verry innovative and fun! Im still working on it some, it should be uploaded real soon...

kiddieshuttle-131203154518003.thumb.png.60999ad89109f5c735e1336f308395d9.png

kiddieshuttle-131203153948000.thumb.png.2fc4999039036a67b4d3359329890013.png