TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland's Space Mountain LIGHTS ON!!

I was messing around on YouTube today, and stumbled across this video of Disneyland's Space Mtn running with the lights on. This is the new version after the big 50th refurb. Funny thing though, the audio was running just fine, so I don't think it was broken down. Maybe some sort of special event?

Anyway, if you've ever wondered what Disneyland's Space Mtn looks like with the lights on, this is it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that they had an evac with a train on the 2nd block breaks. Note that they didn't see any other trains in the video... shouldn't there have been one in front of them, or does Disneyland's SM not work that way?

When they evac, the lights are left on... the people in the video were in a position that they would have difficulty evacing from, so they just went on the course with the lights on.

Squid

What a terrible video. You can't see anything except for shaking, some guys head and arms in the camera and a bunch of blurriness. I think I actually get less of an idea of what the inside of Space Mountain is like by watching that video!

It just amazes me how people can't even shoot good video on a slower ride like Space Mountain.

If you want to see what it looks like with the lights on, without someone's head in the way most of the time have a look at the video I shot in Hong Kong's version. While not exactly the same ride, it's the same layout and the interior of the building is quite similar:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=spacemountain_1[/coastertube]

It's shot first with the lights off (show lighting on) and then with the work lights on. In the middle of the video I actually do pan around a bit so you can see what the inside of the mountain looks like.

--Robb

I actually just liked seeing the first couple lifts without the effects on and all the work lights, once the coaster started moving it did get pretty blurry and pointless, but it was nice to see a video with the lights on that wasn't in night vision, like all the other videos I've seen on youtube.