TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags and 5D International Announce Attraction Agreement

Six Flags, 5D Announce Attraction Agreement

On Tuesday, 5D International (Booth #5503) announced an agreement with Six Flags Inc. to bring its first 5-D attraction to the United States.

Andreas Kornprobst, art and media producer for 5D, said he cannot discuss any particulars of the deal at this time—what type of attraction it will be, which park it will go into, when it will open, etc.—but confirmed it will be an anchor attraction as part of Six Flags’ 50th anniversary celebration in 2010.

“We’re very glad Six Flags joined us in a press release for IAAPA [Attractions Expo], as this is the event of the year—the most important show,” he said.

So what do you guys think this is about?

http://www.iaapa.org/expos/attractions/showdaily09/thu19nov09floor.asp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doritos.

Since Six Flags have never installed anything like Soarin' before I'm not really sure what to expect. That said, I am very interested to see what this attraction ends up being like. The cynic in me thinks it will be a 3D movie type thing with extra effects, let's hope there's more to it than that!

Um. I can't see Gadv getting this because we have Houdini and Fly Me to the Moon. However rumor has it both aren't coming back next year. So maybe.

There isn't a lot of information on this. When I try to find anything like it nothing comes up and the website is a little "x" in the corner. Weird. The 5-D attraction in Branson looks cool though. Would love to see that and SFI really needs to get nice Dark Rides in their parks. The only one I know about is Monster Mansion. Hello Sally Corp. you there? It's Six Flags.

My guess is it's going to Magic Mountain because I don't think they have a 3D let alone a 5D. St. Louis looks plausible too.

Found this on ThemeParkInsider...

Six Flags' bigger news, which I didn't get to ask Shapiro about, is that the chain will install an attraction from 5D International in Spring 2011. No word yet on which park, but I talked with the folks at 5D and the tech seems impressive. (Think 4D show inside a ride.)

It would be very nice to get another indoor attraction at SFoG. SFI does have a few dark rides around besides Monster Mansion... there's one in Texas, for example. But anything that gets people out of the heat and into some air conditioning is fine by me!

Squid

As far as Six Flags's Dark Rides go...there are only 4. I googled it and got this

http://parkthoughts.com/2009/09/28/six-flags-dark-rides/

Dark rides have been an amusement and theme park staple since the 1920’s. However these great attractions are often forgotten by major chains. Six Flags is no exception. So we thought we would spotlight the few that they do have, as they are pretty rare to come by.

1. Yosemite Sam’s Gold River Adventure, Six Flags Over TexasWhile this ride started out as “Speelunker’s Cave”, the ride was re-themed to feature Looney Tunes characters. This boat ride is themed as a journey of Bugs Bunny outsmarting Yosemite Sam, who has robbed a bank. I have ridden this ride virtually, and I feel that it is a great ride that would be welcome at Disney (well, maybe a few years ago)

2. Monster Mansion, Six Flags Over GeorgiaPreviously “Monster Plantation”, this boat-ride has been renamed “Monster Mansion”, with a few updated rooms. What make me laugh is, why do you ride a boat through a house? However, this ride seems like a lot of fun for the family, and I sincerely hope that Six Flags Over Georgia is alright after the flood.

3. Scooby Doo Ghostblasters!, Six Flags St. LouisAnother boat ride, this started as “Injun Joe’s Cave”, and was re-themed several times until it became Scooby-Doo themed, which seems the fate of several unique dark rides in both Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks. This ride is an interactive dark ride, and is the only boat-shoot ride that I am aware of. I look forward to possibly riding this later. This ride is themed as a journey through a spooky swamp.

4. Scooby Doo Ghostblasters!, Six Flags Fiesta TexasAnother interactive dark ride, this time a regular dark ride. You are once again shooting at targets, but this time it is inside a haunted mansion rather than at a swamp.

Park Thoughts gets better and better.....

They help me with my Six Flags Dark Ride needs.

I rode the ones at SFSTL, SFOG, and SFOG. The best one being SFSTL, because it is a gun thing, and Scoobster is awesome!

Donuts--this will be a 4D movie with Donuts.

I wonder if they're hinting at something along the lines of DarKastle or Spider-man--that is, a dark ride with 3D projection and physical effects? Here's how the "Ds" breakdown:

3D--sit in theatre, things jump off screes

4D--sit in theatre, things jump off screen, characters sometimes spit water on you.

5D--site in ride vehicle, roll around show building, things jump off screen, characters sometimes spit at you, occasional fire

Sounds a bit farfetched for Six Flags, but who knows?

The CEO of 5D International says, "A closer look at the science of 5D reveals that each human experience consists of five sub-processes, also called dimensions. These sub-processes closely interact with each other and affect our consciousness. "

So, um, The Manchurian Candidate: The Ride?