TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Black Friday *FREE DVD DOWNLOAD* Giveaway!

How did it look playing through the Tivo and 360?

On the 360 it looks way better then a VHS tape and probably not as good as an actual DVD. But part of that is the interlacing on an HD set, which I know you really can't do anything about in the older material without re-mastering. No big whoop.

Still, for the price (free), it looks great and even for the $4 asking price of the other ones, I think they all look pretty good.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Robb!

I took advantage of living in this timezone and downloaded it at way off peak hours, it works fine now!

Oddly enough the file size is only 1.2 GB, and so far I havent seen it miss any bit sof video, but I'm not gonna look the gift horse in the mouth, if it works, it works!

It's a great vid Robb and I apologize for everyone who's turning this into a headache for you... I hope this doesn't turn you away from the fantastic freebies you treat us to!

How did it look playing through the Tivo and 360?

It looked good to me on the TiVo. I'm glad I got it transferred over to the TiVo to watch it since my Quicktime kept on pausing when I was trying to watch it. I think my computer was just thinking too much.

In anycase....great coaster footage and I love all the random stuff too! Damn your trips look like so much fun!

I hadn't gotten a previous chance to get on and download it, sadly. And today it says its out of stock. Does that mean it is no longer available for free download?

Yes, it was free on Black Friday only, but you can still order the DVD for only $2.99 here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=77

Thanks so much for the free DVD! I watched it Saturday night, and enjoyed the whole thing! I was realy happy to see the Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure segment, because it was that video that led me to discover and join TPR in the first place. Plus all the background music in your videos has helped me to greatly increase my musical exposure, and I have purchased so many songs because of your videos. So a great amount of thanks is heartily given!!

Thanks again guys. The DVD was awesome, and an awesome pre christmas present. Although, I havent listened to that much pop musc in years and this dvd made me remember why. I was in class today and randomly started humming to sk8r boi(spelling of the song) by Avril Laveign. Wow, it was weird.

The Dave Listens to Awesome Music Ghost

Glad you guys all liked the DVD! I know this is a shameless plug, but it's one that helps keep TPR Ad free....

If you liked that DVD, remember, we have several more in our Downloadable DVD section for only $2.99 each (The Raw Series is $3.99 each) and even $3 really does help cover the site's server fees.

Thank you guys again!

--Robb

Glad you guys all liked the DVD! I know this is a shameless plug, but it's one that helps keep TPR Ad free....

If you liked that DVD, remember, we have several more in our Downloadable DVD section for only $2.99 each (The Raw Series is $3.99 each) and even $3 really does help cover the site's server fees.

Thank you guys again!

--Robb

Robb, are all the downloadable ones all about the same quality as the freebie one?

If so that is great as they seem to burn back to DVD OK at good quality even o a large screen TV.

If so I shall start collecting these to save on UK postage.

Thanks - Paul H

Thank you guys again!

--Robb

Robb, are all the downloadable ones all about the same quality as the freebie one?

If so that is great as they seem to burn back to DVD OK at good quality even o a large screen TV.

If so I shall start collecting these to save on UK postage.

Thanks - Paul H

Yes, they are all of exactly the same quality!

--Robb

Thanks Robb!

I downloaded it last night, haven't gotten a chance to watch more than the first clip. I added it to my movies folder in iTunes just fine, and the video started so I'm going to take that as success.

I'll probably be back around to pick up the other downloads over time.

Need to get cracking, as I have the videos back to what, 1999 was the first one, or was it 1998?

How do you connect a DVD Player to a television that has no cable connection? I have a television that is not connected to a cable system. Can I connect a DVD player to this television set?

Most TV's made in the last 20+ years have some form of input other than the antenna socket.

There are many different types, but the most basic has one socket labeled Video and one or two sockets labeled Audio. This is where the DVD player gets connected.

But are you asking about this video download?

And if your TV doesn't have the red/white/yellow jacks described above, and is still one of those sets with only a coax or worse yet two screws that hold antenna leads, well there is still hope for you.

I think the part you need is called an RF modulator, they aren't cheap though, $25-$50 at Best Buy when I got one many years ago. The deal is it gives you the three jacks descired above for your DVD player, and then you hook up your antenna or cable/satelite IN to one coax jack, then run another coax cable from the RF box to your TV. At least thats one way to do it.