TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Black Friday *FREE DVD DOWNLOAD* Giveaway!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ It's not weird, Tomi. It seems like your browser timed out. I'm not sure what setting this is or what browser you are using, but sometimes it will time out if the connection is slow, which it probably is right now because the server is busy.

Again, everyone I really encourge you all to READ THE FIRST POST of this thread because a lot of the information you are asking about has already been posted.

For example, the file size is posted on page one:

The file size is 1,306,834 Kb or about 1.3 gigs. Please note that a lot of people are going to try to download this file so it might take a WHILE. DO NOT STOP THE DOWNLOAD! If you cancel the download you will have to start all over again. Remember, you have 7 days from the time you order to download the video. Under normal bandwidth conditions and a high speed internet connection, it should take about 30 minutes to download, however it is not unusual if it takes 2+ hours when there is a lot of sever traffic.

Basically, if you didn't get a file that was 1.3gb, you didn't get the whole file. I'm not sure why, but you didn't get the whole file.

You'll need to try to download it again.

And just to test one more time, I'm downloading it as I write this and it's about 650mb through at about 330kb/Sec.

--Robb

I've gotten a few more emails from people having some problems downloading the file.

If your file stops downloading before it is about 1.3gigs this probably means your download has timed out and stopped.

The file will not work unless it is completely downloaded to a file size of 1,306,834 Kb or about 1.3 gigs.

If you are still having problems, remember that you have SEVEN DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE!

Try downloading it again in a day or two, or maybe setting it to download before you go to bed tonight.

The file does work and many people have successfully downloaded it. I apologize for the trouble, but it IS a large file and the server is VERY busy right now.

BTW, those of you who may have asked "Will TPR ever have full DVD quality .iso files available for download?" This is a good reason why we will not be able to do this. If some people are having problems with a 1.3gb file, imagine the headache we'd have with a 4.7gb file!

Enjoy the video!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

And it doesn't let me move it into my iPod touch!

Same issue here. Full file downloaded, both volume 2 and 3. Can play in iTunes (9.x, 64bit) just fine.. but it won't copy to my iPod (Video, Gen 5).

Right click on one of the videos in the movie library, choose "Create iPod or iPhone version". It will take some time to convert each video. Then you will have two versions of the file in your library, you'll need to figure out which is which and delete the one you no longer need. The .m4v is the newly converted one.

Took a little longer for me as my mp4's were on a read only network share and it rewrote the new versions to My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Movies across the network.

It's not as simple as Robb makes it out to be, but it works *ducks*

And it doesn't let me move it into my iPod touch!

Same issue here. Full file downloaded, both volume 2 and 3. Can play in iTunes (9.x, 64bit) just fine.. but it won't copy to my iPod (Video, Gen 5).

Right click on one of the videos in the movie library, choose "Create iPod or iPhone version". It will take some time to convert each video. Then you will have two versions of the file in your library, you'll need to figure out which is which and delete the one you no longer need. The .m4v is the newly converted one.

Took a little longer for me as my mp4's were on a read only network share and it rewrote the new versions to My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Movies across the network.

It's not as simple as Robb makes it out to be, but it works *ducks*

^ Funny...it copies right over to my iPhone, iPod Touch, and 80gb ipod Classic JUST FINE.

--Robb "It really is as simple as I said it was...any additional difficulty is on YOUR END!!!!" Alvey

EDIT: And just to test this out - I took the file that I downloaded from the server about an hour ago, just like anyone else would, opend iTunes (Ver 9.0.2.25) and copied the .mp4 file directly into my movies folder.

I then connected by 3G 8GB iPhone...transfered it over without any problems. Then I took KidTums' 8GB iPod Touch...same thing...no problem. I think took my 80GB iPod Classic (model MB147LL), and once again, transfered it without any problem and without having to do anything else to the file.

I have no idea why some of you are having problems because the file works. The file has been tested. And it's been successfully downloaded many times.

If you are having any issues, it has to be on YOUR END. There is not a problem with the file, and there is not a problem with TPR's server, other than it's very busy today and going slower than normal.

Please, try to have some patience with this. This is EXACTLY the reason why I set the download to be good for 7 days unlike in the past where the download link was only active for 1 day only.

It seems like the more I try to help and accomidate everyone, just as many people complain.

As of this writing, seriously, this is the last time I'm ever going to offer this. I have personally responded to so many emails and comments that were written and I have spent *ALL DAY* working with you guys. It really sucks to come on here and see someone tell me that "It's not as simple as Robb makes it out to be" when it really is. At least it is if your configuration is normal and you had the patience to wait for the whole file to download.

If you're going to try to trasfer over a 280mb file and bitch about it when it's been posted over and over and over and over again that the file size is 1.3gb, well, I can't help you there.

Try your download again...you have seven days, and you know how big the file is supposed to be.

Any further complaining is just very frustrating to me. And congratuations to the complainers, you've just ruined it for everyone else, because why would I want to go through this nightmare again?

--Robb "Really dissapointed in some people right now..." Alvey

And that's what we get for offering help to others!

That in particular is an apple issue, not a you issue, not a me issue. There's thousands of hits for it on google, but ya know.. I'm just complaining by trying to help others... and stuff.

Guess the emoticon with the tongue isn't sarcasm after all. hrmmm.

^ Whatever. The issue wasn't you trying to "help" the issue was you telling people how I was wrong.

That was the rude and obnoxious part.

And no, the emoticon didn't help, sorry.

Amazed that you can't see that.

Here, let me actually rewrite your post in a way that would have actually been helpful and not insulting to someone who has stayed up all night and day getting this working for everyone....

For those of you on a Mac, here's some information that might help out. When I downloaded the files, both volume 2 and 3, they downloaded and can play in iTunes (9.x, 64bit) just fine.. but I couldn't get them to copy to my iPod (Video, Gen 5).

If you are having this same problem, Right click on one of the videos in the movie library, choose "Create iPod or iPhone version". It will take some time to convert each video. Then you will have two versions of the file in your library, you'll need to figure out which is which and delete the one you no longer need. The .m4v is the newly converted one and that is the one you should copy to your iPod.

Hope this helps, and thanks to Robb & Elissa for offering this to their members!

Have a great holiday weekend

See? Would that have been so hard???

--Robb "Just please think about how your posts will affect other people before you click submit...I don't thint that's too much to ask." Alvey

^ Whatever. The issue wasn't you trying to "help" the issue was you telling people who I was wrong.

Was never my intent sir.

Hope this helps, and thank to Robb & Elissa for offering this to their members!

Hope this helps, and thank to Robb & Elissa for offering this AWESOME VIDEO to their sometimes complaining but always grateful members!

See? Would that have been so hard???

You said hard.

(Huggin' it out)

Mine worked exactly as Robb said it would. Went to the store. Purchased it. Clicked link in email. Downloaded file. Dragged it into iTunes. Done. If you are having a problem, it is definitely not on TPR's side. There are so many settings on a computer that could cause it to not work. With a couple thousand successful downloads, and only a handful of problems (Not on TPR's end), it is obviously some setting on the downloader's computer. I know that in iTunes there are some settings like "advanced settings," and "import settings," that if changed, can cause problems. There are also iPod settings that can be changed, and cause problems. There is your ISP, router, router port settings, Firewalls, Internet Security Programs, Anti-Virus Software, iTunes, iPod, download speed, operating system, incorrectly inputed information at the store, and a bunch of other things that can cause a download to fail on the customers end. So, everyone please check ALL of those settings before you start blaming TPR. If you have a question about settings, fine, but don't just say it doesn't work so TPR needs to fix it. It's common courtesy. Especially since Robb has given away THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS worth of FREE merchandise!!! Thanks again Robb and Elissa for everything!!!!!!

^^^ Joey, and I've had all of the above. Sorry if it sounded like my frustration was all directed towards pupkick, it's just that what everyone isn't seeing is all the emails I've been getting with people having problems, and I've been working as hard as I can to give them "tech support" (even though it's not something I'm required to do.)

But I've had people swear up and down that a file has been corrupted and it turns out they ran out of hard drive space, I've had people's anti-virus software add additional extensions to the file and blame it on TPR ("You said it would be an .mp4 file and it's NOT!!!") and I've had a few people complain that they never got the download email only to find out they misspelled their email address!

So I just ask for a little bit of patience with this, that's all.

And Joey's right, we are litterally giving away thousands of dollars worth of TPR merchandise today. How many other Black Friday offers are doing that with absoultely NO obligation? *buy a TPR Hoodie*

If your download isn't working today, trust me, it WILL work within the time window you have...just be patient and try the download again tomorrw or the next day.

--Robb

I've been having the same problem but Robb is right, when the file stops downloading, it's because the server is busy and my browser times out.

I'm going to try this during the night, and it should work.

If only people read THIS thread, the one that they had to go to get their link from, then I think there would be less people saying that the store is broken and "this is why I don't pay for any of the downloadable videos in the TPR store" and hopefully more people being thankful.

-Andrew "Is going to buy a T Shirt, a Hoodie, and maybe a few In the Raw DVDs once I get a PayPal account."

If only people read THIS thread, the one that they had to go to get their link from, then I think there would be less people saying that the store is broken and "this is why I don't pay for any of the downloadable videos in the TPR store" and hopefully more people being thankful.

Exactly! What people don't realize is that the downloadable videos that you buy will download just fine because there aren't normally 3,000 people trying to download the video at the same time!

Unless of course you bought some downloadable videos today...then you may have some problems!

--Robb

Thanks a lot, Robb! I hope you, Elissa, and KidTums all had a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday! I will definitely be sure to do some of my Christmas shopping in your store- after all, it's the least I can do to repay you all for the free downloads! This is DEFINITELY without a doubt one of the best sites on the net!