TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Recommend an App!

Wes

iB*tch - the most random app ever:P.. im going to play with this one in class hahaha

What exactly is it saying because I just downloaded it, it just sounds like....I don't even know...doesn't sound like the b-word we'd expect to hear.

Here's a fun app...try Danger Cats! The object is to delete the objects the cat(s) are sitting on and get the cat(s) to land on the targets...if they fall in the water, then it counts as a cat casualty. And the game keeps track of how many cats you've wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon's Lair for iPod Touch/iPhone. Quite possibly the best arcade game ever released!

I bought that when it was on sale for $0.99, I'm actually a little underwhelmed by it. This might just be bashing the original arcade game, not the port, but you have to be absolutely spot on with your timing, which is difficult even with the optional guide.

My two current favorite iPhone apps are DoodleJump (which I think somebody here already mentioned - insanely addictive and fun to compete with your friends!) and Angry Birds. Both are $0.99 games, I think, but if you know what you're doing, you can get them for free.

I bought that when it was on sale for $0.99, I'm actually a little underwhelmed by it. This might just be bashing the original arcade game, not the port, but you have to be absolutely spot on with your timing, which is difficult even with the optional guide.

It's hard to start with, yes. However, playing through it a little makes the game a LOT easier.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Might as well bump this thread up, since there are so many amazing apps that have been released or updated since September.

I bought Archetype yesterday, an online FPS for iPhone/iPod Touch. It's actually pretty damn good, the controls are far better than any other shooter on the platform. Too bad the community seems to suck pretty bad, it's full of campers and grenade spammers. Worth a buck, still.

• 4 weeks later...

^ I beat Angry Birds on my touch and I'm in the process on my Android.

If you won't feel bad about pirating apps, Applanet for Android is an APK you can install, it's got pretty much every paid app worth buying for free, plus it updates them, and you don't even have to be rooted!

I got plock free as one of the free games of the day thing OpenFeint does and it's SERIOSULY addicting, it's another basic "click two or more of the same color blocks to make them disappear" games, but it's so much fun with only two modes of play (one minute get as many as you can, or survive as long as you can, which won't be long) it's a very quick time waster.

• 3 months later...

Well, looks like I'm bumping this thread. Again.

I picked up Battleheart a couple of weeks ago, the new RTS/RPG hybrid from the makers of Zombieville USA. It's actually a really fun, challenging game, each battle has tons of room for experimentation with strategies, and the different classes can vastly change how you play. It's $2.99, I caught it on sale for a buck, but I'd say it's still worth it at full price.

The Hipstamatic camera app is awesome at the parks. It comes preloaded with some different filters, lenses, and flashes, with more available for purchase. I used it to get some awesome pictures of the National Mall in Washington DC, and some unique shots of the rides at Nickelodeon Universe.

Also the 100 Cameras In 1 app has some pretty neat filters and a very easy interface to quickly jazz up your pictures with.

Hipstamatic was $0.99 and The 100-in-1 was either $0.99 or $1.99.

• 1 month later...

Camera 360 ultimate and Vignette are really cool camera apps. Camera 360 has some really great effects, HDR simulation, color enhancement, Etc. Vignette has hundreds of different filters for colors, frames, etc.

Vignette is $3ish and Camera 360 is either $1 or $2.

• 2 months later...

I recently published an iPhone app called CoasterRider that tracks/maps Roller Coaster rides. You turn it on when you start the ride and then when you are done you get an animated map of your ride showing speed and elevation. The following promo codes can be used to get a free copy. Each code can only be used once, so it is only usable by the first person to use it.

Promo Code 1: F3F4FNRHRXT7

Promo Code 2: 9TNEWXXA3YL7

The application is called CoasterRider. You can preview it at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coasterrider/id449451417

The promo code can be entered in the Redeem button in iTunes.

I recently started playing Kard Combat, a Magic: The Gathering-esque card game for iDevices. It's easy to figure out, anybody can play it and do well with a little practice, but figuring out the finesse and strategy for each deck takes a ton of training and planning. I love how the game is based 90% on pure skill and strategy, with only a small element of luck in the very beginning with the cards you are given.

The app is free, but in order to play past the fifth level of the Tower (campaign), or to access all of the 100+ cards in the game, you can either buy the full Tower mode for $3 and unlock all the cards manually, or pay a whopping $10 and unlock everything at once. Or buy the cards for each mage individually for I don't know how much. But try it, it's fun!

• 7 months later...

My iPod has a bunch of basic apps and games! Some basics I use include Facebook, Last.fm (good substitute for Pandora), and Youtube. I also have some park apps like LEGOLAND and Busch Gardens. And some of my favorite games include Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Jetpack Joyride, and Temple Run. Also, one of the most convenient apps EVER is the Flashlight app.

If you haven't discovered it, "Draw something" is the new "Words with Friends!"

So true. The best part is that it's cross platform, you can play with your friends whether you have an Android or an iPhone! At school everybody with a smartphone is constantly playing each other on Draw Something.

Also, Google is holding a big app sale on Android, with great apps like Dead Space, Cut the Rope, Modern Combat 3, Need for Speed and Sprinkle for just 49 cents. Go pick them up while you can!

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend...

1.Rage Comics: An app for people who like Rage Comics (Free)

2.Alien Blue: A Reddit browser for your iPod or iPhone (Free)

3.Jetpack Joyride: A fun side scrolling game (Free)

4.Rides: An app showing info about rides and roller coasters. (Free)

5.iFunny: An App with funny pictures. It's good if you can past the stupid people who use it to get attention. (Free)

If you haven't discovered it, "Draw something" is the new "Words with Friends!"

I played it religiously for about a week, and have just completely burnt out on it. The same thing is happening with Words/Scramble With Friends, I have like twenty notifications, but just can't be bothered to play.. Weird. Maybe it's because I'm playing Tiny Tower too much..

Naaah. But seriously, Tiny Tower. If management games pique your interest, you can't go wrong with this one. It's slow to start, for sure, and it does get redundant, but there's no better game to play in tiny increments.

And also, Beat Hazard is incredible. It's $3, I believe, but it's been on sale for $1, and even free (when I caught it ). It's the full game that was on PC/Mac/360/PS3, a dual-stick shooter that follows your music, with the intensity of your song gauging the difficulty of the level and the craziness of the visuals. Very much worth the entry price if you're into that.