TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coney Island (Luna Park / Deno's) Development Discussion Thread

So, how many days are they going to run tests? I'm going back to Europe on Wednesday night. It looks really sweet and I have yet to ride a vertical lift coaster. This would be a nice first.

So, how many days are they going to run tests? I'm going back to Europe on Wednesday night. It looks really sweet and I have yet to ride a vertical lift coaster. This would be a nice first.

On Facebook the CAI mentioned "by the end of the week". Wednesday is unlikely.

^Gah. I'll be in NYC Wednesday and half of Thursday. I plan on going on Thursday. It'll be close.

Nick sounds you'll be there early in the day on Thursday. If it was later in the day, I'd meet up with you on my way home from school. No classes that day but the teachers at the school until 2:45.

I may swing past Coney Island next week to check out thunderbolt, is there enough good rides available on the wristband to justify it? I only sent there once just to ride the Cyclone, I didn't really have enough time to look around and see what was there.

On Facebook the CAI mentioned "by the end of the week". Wednesday is unlikely.

Ok, and thanks. I will still head out there tomorrow. Can't be visiting NY and not try Cyclone and corn on the cob.

I just got back from Coney and did a ride on Cyclone. I want to apologize to any coaster I called rough in the past. I thought Cyclone was going to derail in the chain-lift already.

I learned to avoid wheel rows at all cost. The rows in between were ok at the time I rode it (before GCI restoration work). Still an iconic coaster I would ride it in an instant if I got the chance to do it again.

I have no idea how normal this is but there have been one or two wooden rides I've been on where I could feel the car sort of bending and being twisted as it went up the lift. Is this common?

I have no idea how normal this is but there have been one or two wooden rides I've been on where I could feel the car sort of bending and being twisted as it went up the lift. Is this common?

Thunderbolt at SFNE does that and always has. I wouldn't say it's common but there are definitely coasters that do it, and I actually think it's kind of cool.

Normal for anything with a train of three-row cars. Any car that long just has to be able to flex to navigate curves properly.

Cyclone is what I like to call "Awesomely Brutal."

I've learned that I prefer to sit towards the front of the train and try to avoid wheel seats if possible. I know that my back seat ride a few years ago definitely re-invented my spine (I think I'm an inch shorter now .) I still rode it again though.

D

Normal for anything with a train of three-row cars. Any car that long just has to be able to flex to navigate curves properly.

I know but I noticed that while we were on the lift hill, which is why I found it strange.

Older coasters settle over time and with longer bench trains, you will feel the cars twist - especially on the lift which you expect to be straight. The wheels on coasters come up; stuff moves. It's a real roller coaster. People are more conditioned with more modern, perfectly engineered big coasters where every wheel is touching at every point. Some of us are touchy with "changes" to our classic coasters because there aren't many left, and new ones will not be built

Cyclone is what I like to call "Awesomely Brutal."

I've learned that I prefer to sit towards the front of the train and try to avoid wheel seats if possible. I know that my back seat ride a few years ago definitely re-invented my spine (I think I'm an inch shorter now .) I still rode it again though.

D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone experienced a free back alignment that day

Well I'm back in Sweden now after some awesome coasters in the U.S of A. Can't wait to go back. I have some unfinished business over there.

image.thumb.jpg.ede713cb697e26d57df50633dc76fe36.jpg

This thing was mocking me just like Kingda-Ka all day by not being operational.