TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coney Island (Luna Park / Deno's) Development Discussion Thread

Ten bux...wow. Another reason to get the pass in the summer...

Unfortunately, its not included in the unlimited rides pass like the rest of the extreme thrill rides in Luna Park. Wished somehow in the future theyll include them.

The trains have arrived as well and they look great! I hope this becomes a huge hit so that Zamperla might invest in another and better ride. Hopefully there will be enough people willing to shelve ten dollars for a ride.

By it's 3rd year in operation, I fully expected Luna Park to lower their pricing and offer a ride package that includes the Scream Zone rides. But they are doing quite well with their current pricing so why cuts the prices if the demand is there.

Keep in mind CAI are not making any money from parking and very little from food concessions, so 99% percent of their income is from the rides.

Ten bux...wow. Another reason to get the pass in the summer...

Unfortunately, its not included in the unlimited rides pass like the rest of the extreme thrill rides in Luna Park. Wished somehow in the future theyll include them.

The trains have arrived as well and they look great! I hope this becomes a huge hit so that Zamperla might invest in another and better ride. Hopefully there will be enough people willing to shelve ten dollars for a ride.

They'll probably offer 1/2 off weekday specials.

^ Yea, it's free to leave, but you have to pay to get there! One of the many things I hate about Staten Island!

Back on topic: Yes $10 is a bit steep, but so is everything else in NYC. Although, I may have to go back up and visit family to ride this thing. My Fiancé has never been to Coney Island, so that's a good enough excuse as any!

Have they done that in the last?

Have we received any sort of timeline for opening?

May 31! I hope they do some discount on opening day

Why would they offer a discount when demand is highest?

I'm really interested to see how this turns out. I liked Coney Island when I was there a couple summers ago but I haven't gotten back in any of my later trips to NYC. I'm going again in July so maybe I'll stop by and check this ride out then.

I'm really liking the look of the trains. They're super open. That in combination with the vertical lift should make for some good intimidation. And the overall layout is simple yet appears unique and effective. Plus the colors look great along the beach. If it rides well it'll be a winner.

I agree with whats being said with the seats.. I like how high the seats are and how open the trains are. The seats themselves look more airy than most seats of mega coasters. lol. Also it looks like the seats go higher each row. The back must really be the best seats on this one

I'm not a big fan of how high the seats are compared to the track, but I love how open the trains are.

EDIT: Maybe not! Shoulder belts! DUN DUN DUN...

Are those.... seatbelts?? Why do they need them?

How did I not spot them... i mean one of the thrills with this coaster was i thought it only had a lap bar. they might as well had over the shoulder restraints

Where do either of you see seatbelts? Maybe my eyes are just bad because I'm old.

Where do either of you see seatbelts? Maybe my eyes are just bad because I'm old.

There are two shoulder belts per seat in between the red lap restraint and the top of the seat back. They look like black backpack straps, similar to those found on that Shock Therapy suspended looping coaster in Australia.

Those trains look awesome. Love how high up and open they are. The OTS seatbelts dont bother me as much as it would if they had full on OTSRs. Can't wait to ride this thing!