TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's Coaster Poll 2009!

Wood: 119 (most of my travels are non-us)

Steel: 217

Looking at the wood list again, I cannot believe Tonnerre de Zeus fared so badly. It's no number 1, but I loved that ride. It is worlds away from its neighbor across the lake.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^If you didn't like Bizarro, why would you expect to like GeForce and Dutch Goliath?

Wow, That's actually a really good point. I guess I'm not really an Intamin hyper coaster kind of guy.

and onto going back to Tampa to acquire some taste. Hey, Kumba was fantastic. Montu was the only ride there that didn't live up to expectations, could it be that it was over-trimmed on the day I went? I'm starting to feel like steel coasters are getting more like wood coasters, where it depends on what day you go if it will be fun or not.

Steel: 123

Wood: 100

Wood-6

Steel-35

Total-41

Pretty much sums up California...a high quantity of relatively low quality rides compared to the world's other top coasters. I just wish that I had made the 15 minute detour to ride Ravine Flyer II when I was in the area a couple years ago.

Wood-6

Steel-35

Total-41

Pretty much sums up California...a high quantity of relatively low quality rides compared to the world's other top coasters. I just wish that I had made the 15 minute detour to ride Ravine Flyer II when I was in the area a couple years ago.

Wow. Shame on you!

That's what happens when you only look at stops on a trip and not the route between them. I knew Ravine Flyer II was somewhere in Pennsylvania, but I didn't know that the drive from Cedar Point to Niagara Falls went within fifteen minutes of one of the best wooden roller coasters in the world. If I had known about it beforehand, I'm sure my dad would have stopped.

It probably doesn't help that we drove right past Martin's Fantasy Island and the Silver Comet in New York as well, although there wouldn't have been time to stop since we were heading back to the airport. At least these numbers will probably double after the IntimidaTour.

Couldn't agree more rcdude.

Initial overseas trips i really only looked at the bigger parks & what they had to offer & missed some great coaster opportunities.

Thankfully now we have great resources like TPR & Mitchs Poll to give us a far better idea of where the good & not so good coasters are.

• 3 months later...

I haven't voted before. I'm getting a lot more credits over the summer. Most Likley Boulder Dash will replace Thunderbolt (SFNE) as my #1 Woodie. Bizarro is still my #1 Steel. In 2011, my vote will have loads more coasters. I'm going to Universal and possibly Cedar Point. WHOO HOO!

Only because someone else revisited this thread...I certainly wouldn't bring it back just for this...

Coasters I voted for

Steel: 0

Wood: 16

Coasters I have ridden to date

Steel: 2

Wood: 21

I would've been a contender for the lowest score!

• 2 weeks later...

If i305 had just a little more airtime, it would be in the top 5. I just don't think it will get there, people thought Top Thrill Dragster was going to be a granddaddy of them all and be #1 for years. I LOVE i305, it's my #3, but it's just a little overrated

• 2 months later...

wow I'm amazed that Griffon and SheiKra are so much higher than Storm Runner (weird comparison I know) but SR does so much more than the two dive machines especially more than Griffon.

My tops

Steel:

1. Intimidator 305 NR

2. Millennium Force #10

3. Apollo's Chariot #16

4. Storm Runner #30

5. SROS SFA #34

6. Alpengeist #54

7. Afterburn #35

8. Fahrenheit #80

9. Dominator #71

10. Hydra the Revenge #130