TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's Coaster Poll 2009!

The secret in riding the Beast is to ride it in a middle row of a car which is the non wheel seat. I think I am only one of a handful who still ranks it in the top 20. Yes, that is probably a bit crazy but we all have at least one or two strange choices in our top 20's right?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the Beast after the second lift hill in the back row in the morning was the most painful experience I have had on a coaster, I thought my ribcage was going to be crushed.

I just rode it tis past October (in the back seat), and it was noticeably smoother than it was in the past several years.

On a side note, the do operate it trim-free after heavy rain storms (when there is a one train operation).

The secret in riding the Beast is to ride it in a middle row of a car which is the non wheel seat. I think I am only one of a handful who still ranks it in the top 20. Yes, that is probably a bit crazy but we all have at least one or two strange choices in our top 20's right?

I still have it ranked 13 out of 45. I think it's still a decent enough ride, but the night rides I had on it are what's keeping the ranking as high as it is. I was insanely disappointed with my one ride this year that was trimmed up the wazoo and rather boring, except for the double helix, of course.

Seriously, the Beast after the second lift hill in the back row in the morning was the most painful experience I have had on a coaster, I thought my ribcage was going to be crushed.

I just rode it tis past October (in the back seat), and it was noticeably smoother than it was in the past several years.

On a side note, the do operate it trim-free after heavy rain storms (when there is a one train operation).

I can't remember the dates, but a few years ago I had the absolute worst coaster experience on the Beast. As stated above, I aslo felt like my ribcage was chrushed. The restraint punched into my gut, then it just jackhammered. I got off having breathing problems and actually went to first aid; I said I wouldn't ride again.

About 2 years later I rode again, but only in the front seat; didn't go anywhere else. After I heard about the re-tracking I ride in the middle, and it wasn't bad. But that incident I had a few years ago really freaked me out, so I was too nervous to ride again.

Yeah, Beast has improved quite a bit in '08 and '09. I only ride at night when I know it's best, a whole new ride at night.

I think the Raven is a perfect example at what the Beast should be, world's longest coaster or short like Raven.

-Jizz"Raven at night stomps ALL over Beast"Man

You can partly blame me for the Beast's low ranking. I had it last on my ballot.

The one ride I had on it I smacked my elbow hard enough on the side of the train that it began to bleed. It's the only coaster I've been on that caused that particular sensation.

Epic double helix though, I'd give it a second chance.

^ Speculation, yes, but nothing concrete at all.

One would assume it would end up at one of the companies other properties and that really only leaves two options if you assume that Dollywood wouldn't get it since they already have Thunderhead.

--Robb

Millennium Flyers on a coaster that isn't GCI. Should be rather interesting to see how it works out if they use them. It's bound to be better than the clunker Gerstlauers they have on there. I think Cheetah would have been way better with PTC's because the airtime hills provided great pops of air, but those damn lapbars obliterated my femurs.

Mammut was not very exciting, no. I was hoping it would be more like an "Intamin twister" but it was very tame.

I'm sure it's done well for the park but seeing as how it debuted at #68 really says something.

But I thought the trains were great!

--Robb