9. Phoenix

10. El Toro

Bottom 5:

Villain

Wolverine Wildcat (New!)

Mean Streak

Twisted Twins: Lola

Twisted Twins: Stella

(It seems that the wooden coasters I do not like get torn down or are SBNO. Get your rides in on Mean Steak and Wolverine Wildcat while you still can!)

Even though the entire list is in my signature, I might as well post it here too.

1 - Viper SFGAm

2 - Blue Streak Cedar Point

3 - Screamin' Eagle SFStL

4 - American Eagle SFGAm

5 - Mean Streak Cedar Point

6 - Gwazi (Tiger) Busch Gardens Tampa (couldn't bring myself to ride Lion after this piece of crap. To all who think Mean Streak is bad, get down to Florida and ride this)

Should probably mention that there are 8 steel coasters ahead of these.

I'm in the process of voting and I have a really dumb question to ask about the ride sensations ranking.

Do they mean "in general" or just applying to the "wooden coasters" that these are my preferred ride sensations?

Because usually when you ride a wooden coaster you might expect different priority of ride sensations then you would a steel coaster. So i'm thinking they were aiming that to the specific type given in the poll, but I was wanted to make sure. Anyone know?

Voted. I still don't understand the general distaste for Voyage and lovefest for Raven by many on this website.

I think many people confuse the fact that "I don't rank Voyage as #1" as "distaste." I (and a few others here) just don't simply like it as much as others do.

It's not like we are ranking it in our worst woodies ever, I just personally think it's not as amazing as others make it out to be. I have it ranked as #30 out of 163 woodies. That's still pretty darn high up my list! I far prefer some of Gravity Group's other work, like Ravine Flyer II, Hades, and Fireball.

It's just simply not my type of ride, but Raven is.

I can't really explain it, it's just my opinion.

--Robb "I don't understand how people like country music...but they do!" Alvey

My top ten:

* Best steel coaster (Montu)

1. Boulder Dash

2. El Toro

3. Terminator Salvation

4. Troy

5. Lightning Racer (Both sides)

6. Tonnerre de Zeus

7. Phoenix

8. Roar (SFDK)

9. Giant Dipper (Santa Cruz)

10. Gwazi (Both sides)

Voted. I still don't understand the general distaste for Voyage and lovefest for Raven by many on this website.

its not so much that Voyage is a bad ride, but more that my internal organs would never forgive me if I considered Voyage to be a favorite of mine

Raven is just so much more fun

I think many people confuse the fact that "I don't rank Voyage as #1" as "distaste." I (and a few others here) just don't simply like it as much as others do.

It's not like we are ranking it in our worst woodies ever, I just personally think it's not as amazing as others make it out to be. I have it ranked as #30 out of 163 woodies. That's still pretty darn high up my list! I far prefer some of Gravity Group's other work, like Ravine Flyer II, Hades, and Fireball.

It's just simply not my type of ride, but Raven is.

I can't really explain it, it's just my opinion.

--Robb "I don't understand how people like country music...but they do!" Alvey

I'm just baffled that it's not on everyone's top 10 at least. I know there are definitely people who don't like its perceived roughness (there are MUCH worse), but it's still an insanely fun ride. But hey, that's the beauty of human choice. If we were all alike, why would we need internet polls?

Just so I can toot its horn to work colleagues, where did you rank Rampage, Robb?

--Steve "Rampage doesn't get enough love" Burant

Filled mine out just a second a go thanks to Ted.

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_poll/default.asp

Voyage was number one as I expect anyone who was at HWN to rank it there. ERT did it for me.

The Voyage Holiday World IN,y,y,1

My Favorite Steel Anypark Anywhere **,y,y,2

Raven Holiday World IN,y,y,3

Cornball Express Indiana Beach IN,y,y,4

Evel Knievel Six Flags St Louis MO,y,y,5

Lost Coaster of SM Indiana Beach IN,y,n,6

The Legend Holiday World IN,y,y,7

Screamin' Eagle Six Flags St Louis MO,y,y,8

Gwazi-Tiger Busch Gardens-Tampa FL,y,n,9

The Boss Six Flags St Louis MO,y,y,10

My list is in and I am willing to bet I am the lone person to put Evel Knievel #1. My list

1. Evel Knievel

2. My Favorite Steel

3. Cornball Express

4. Shivering Timbers

5. The Beast

6. Raven

7. Kentucky Rumbler

8. Renegade

9. Viper - SF Great America

10. The Boss

Had you told me at the beginning of the year the The Boss would not be in my bottom 3, let alone in my top 10, I would have called you crazy. amazing what some track work can do.

1. Boulder Dash

2. Ravine Flyer II

3. El Toro

4. Cornball Express

5. The Voyage

6. My Favorite Steel (Fahrenheit)

7. Thunderhead

8. Lightning Racer - Thunder

9. Lightning Racer - Lightning

10. Grizzly (Kings Dominion)

11. Raven

Bottom 5

5. Fairly Odd Coaster

(Coasters below are ones I actually think are bad)

4, Racer (Kings Island)

3, Son of Beast

2. Mean Streak

1.Hurler (Kings Dominion)

A lot of new coasters for me this year. Grizzly surprised me. I only got one ride on it, but I was really impressed. And just like how I don't foresee Boulder Dash ever getting unseated from #1, I expect to never ride anything as bad as Hurler.

My list is in and I am willing to bet I am the lone person to put Evel Knievel #1. My list

Had you told me at the beginning of the year the The Boss would not be in my bottom 3, let alone in my top 10, I would have called you crazy. amazing what some track work can do.

Evel Knievel is #3 on my list, and Boss is #8 (out of 46). Not only is EK my #1 GCI, but Boss is my #1 CCI now (ahead of Rampage, *gasp!*). Evel Knievel was INSANE, that little triple hop right before the end is amazing. The only rides I had on Boss were in the pitch black, which probably made it better than normal, but it was fast, intense, and contrary to what most people think, not that rough. Since you say they did track work on it, I say that figures, because even in the back seat, it wasn't THAT bad.

Just sent mine in:

1) Voyage

2) El Toro

3) favorite steel (Storm Runner)

4) Shivering Timbers

5) Thunderhead

6) Hades

7) Prowler

8) Cornball Express

9) Avalanche

10) Renegade

And just missing my top ten were Evel K, Outlaw (adventureland), Cyclops, and KRumbler