TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SplashTacular Entertainment to Release Two New Slide Designs

For those here who like water parks, SplashTacular will debut two new slide desings at IAAPA. I'm not a big water park person, but these new slides look like a lot of fun. Hopefully they start to appear at water parks soon. I'm sure we won't have to wait long to see one built since I'm sure one of the parks in the Dells or Holiday World will be one of the first to build one.

LA QUINTA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SplashTacular® Entertainment, the largest U.S.-based waterslide manufacturer, today announced plans to introduce two new patent-pending rides, 360Rush™ and SplashRally™, at three major water park industry trade shows this season. Exhibiting at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) Attractions Expo, the World Waterpark Association (WWA) trade show and the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) Congress, SplashTacular Entertainment will present exciting new water-based attractions that represent the forward-thinking company’s pioneering approach to water-leisure entertainment and its more than 15 years of leadership in the market.

360Rush debuts as a high-speed thrill ride that launches two riders simultaneously down steep vertical slides into a wide bowl where riders “chase” each other for several revolutions before landing safely in a shallow braking pool. SplashRally features a six-lane water raceway in a figure-eight layout where racers sit in two- or three-passenger tubes and race to a finish marked by water cannons, posted times and cheering spectators.

“SplashTacular Entertainment looks forward to playing an active role in these three significant events for our business,” said Steve Levine, founder and president of SplashTacular Entertainment. “Trade show participants will have the opportunity to view an exclusive sneak peek of our innovative new waterslides.”

IAAPA Attractions Expo

The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions’ Attractions Expo will take place Nov. 16-20 at the Las Vegas Convention Center and is the largest international trade show for the amusement park and attractions industry. This year, 28,000 are expected to attend the expo, which will feature more than 1,100 exhibitors and 100 education sessions and events. SplashTacular Entertainment will be located in booth number 5051.

WWA Trade Show

The internationally renowned World Waterpark Association trade show, the largest gathering of water-leisure professionals and development experts in the world, is known across the globe for providing the most comprehensive water park showcase available. This year’s trade show will be held in Orlando, Fla., at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and Convention Center from Oct. 23-24. SplashTacular Entertainment will occupy booth numbers 535 to 638.

NRPA Congress

The National Recreation and Parks Association Congress, which takes place Oct. 13-16 in Salt Lake City, is a gathering of the nation’s premier parks and recreation leaders. The show will feature hundreds of education sessions and the largest exposition in the industry. SplashTacular Entertainment will be located in booth number 809.

For more information, visit www.splashtacular.com. Additional information about the shows is available at www.iaapa.org, www.waterparks.org and www.nrpa.org.

About SplashTacular Entertainment

Since 1994, SplashTacular® Entertainment has provided imaginative, custom-designed water park slides to a variety of clients, including destination resorts and hotels, fitness centers, municipalities, public and private facilities and water parks across North America and the Caribbean. Currently, the company is the driving force behind a new industry category – hydrotainment® *– SplashTacular Entertainment’s signature blend of immersive multi-sensory experiences that includes sound, lighting, sophisticated show systems and special effects with the thrill of the actual ride. Currently, Levine’s revolutionary approach to water-themed rides is gaining recognition throughout the United States and abroad. Long known for quality products and responsive service, SplashTacular Entertainment goes above and beyond convention to drive business to customer facilities with the added value of cutting-edge and unforgettable water attractions. SplashTacular Entertainment, the largest U.S.-based water slide manufacturer, has corporate offices in California and Texas, operations facilities in Kansas and manufacturing facilities in Nebraska and Missouri. For more information, call 800.844.5334 or visit www.splashtacular.com.

*Hydrotainment is a service mark of SplashTacular, Inc.

IAAPA BOOTH:

No. 5051

WWA BOOTH:

No. 535 to 638

NRPA BOOTH:

No. 809

Link

Pictures:

image003.jpg.e4512ec830cd0f05775090cc68c2adb4.jpg

image002.jpg.7d661630c120a0c7c1aad2c509ca8d96.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how exactly the dueling bowl slide works. I can just see someone freaking out and trying to slow themselves down on the slide just enough to slam into the other person going full speed. They both look like great slides though and I'm sure they figured out some way to prove the one is safe.

Thanks for posting this. I have deleted the link to RCPro and the reference. The pictures were not "From RCPro" they were from Splashtacular.

I posted the photos that came in my email box and I absolutely thank and credit Splashtactular for them.

I got the exact same press release and photos, but just hadn't had the time to post it yet.

It's a real pet peeve of mine when people give credit to photos to another website when the credit actually belongs to the company they came from.

--Robb

Thanks for posting this. I have deleted the link to RCPro and the reference. The pictures were not "From RCPro" they were from Splashtacular.

It's a real pet peeve of mine when people give credit to photos to another website when the credit actually belongs to the company they came from.

--Robb

Sorry Robb

I knew the original source of the photos wasn't RCPro, but I couldn't find a press release with the photos. When I said the photos were from RCPro, I meant that that is where I took them from, and I didn't intend to mean that they were RCPro's photos. I figured it would get sorted out later with me finding the actual source of the photos. So thanks for correcting me.

What about people entering the slide at different speeds...? (Determined by the amount of force people use to push themselves off.)

An interesting idea...but I'd like to see the slides from different angles and hear the companies answers to all of these (our) questions.

It seems as though the riders are going to be in a vertical holding platform that releases them both into each tube at the same time, similar to the Bombay Blaster.

Also, by the looks of things, your not actually entering a "pool" so much as a deeper slide area that will slow you down. You exit the slide via a spiral staircase that takes you out of the center of the bowl.

Such a Strange Concept...

Read this article from their website, It pretty much explains the whole experience:

Splashtacular Entertainment Review: 360RUSH

Splashtacular's website had an additional picture of the 360 Rush.

Edit: I just noticed the support structure is entirely different in the two renderings.

No matter how the two people are realeased, there is always a way to change your speed on a bodyslide. Not to mention the fact that as you get towards the center, you could easily crash into each other or on top of eachother in the "shallow braking pool."

The other concept looks great! I think it would work as either a tube slide (as they've suggested) or a matt type slide. The slide layout will make the racing aspect more dynamic since you won't know who's in the lead till the end.

I have no idea how the 360 thing is going to work, and yes, it does look rather unsafe(I've crashed into people on REGULAR slides before, so this is just asking for it!) but hey, if one opens nearby you can bet I'll be first in line to ride! I love how steep the drop is.

However I doubt that landing into a pool will be a big problem, especially seeing how from what I can tell in the 2nd drawing, there is no pool. They stop at the bottom fo the bowl and take the stairs out of it. Though this does leave me a bit confused... Where does the water go? It's not exactly fun sliding across a drain gutter opening.

The race also looks great! I'm so glad to see for the first time a proper racing slide that actually involves TURNS!!! I love racing, but seriously, racing slides can be so boring.y ou can usually tell who wins right from the start.

I also went to their website and discovered a whole bunch of other neat things.

Thanks for posting! It's a really cool find!

I just thought of another thing. I've only been on these body slides a handful of times at Wet 'n' Wild Las Vegas, but how far do you typically drop in one half of a revolution? Managing to fly around fast enough to catch the entrance of the other slide would be quite fun too. Obviously if you make the bowl diameter bigger this becomes less of a problem, but then I'd think you get less revolutions as well.

Managing to fly around fast enough to catch the entrance of the other slide would be quite fun too.

No, it's really not. The first (and only) time I went down one of these bowl slides, I somehow managed to hit my head as I came back across the entrance tunnel gap. That was very painful.

The bowl slides are pretty fun, but have a lot more risk. These concepts look good, but the first one does seem really unsafe. I hope they already figured it out instead of just rushing into production like most companies.