TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 44: SoReal Virtual Reality experience coming to DisneyTown

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a lot of messages about this store. I'm just glad the rodents are finally getting the love and attention they deserve. Heck, if we keep having to stay at home at least I can save up some extra money for souvenirs when we can finally go!!

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of days ago, ShDL posted photos of the first beam going up for ZOOTOPIA.

Vertical construction has started!

And as usual with a lot of these projects, workers and cast members signed the first beam going up.

And they included a nice little banner from "The City of Zootopia," in the photo. Nice touch.

Zootopia10.jpg.7091cb6471312f9a14df7e58ef506d70.jpg

And in back, a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rolling by!

• 1 month later...

Saw this the other day, I had no clue BT (known for some trance/EDM hits back in the day... and produced a lot of pop music (dirrrttyyy pop!) for those going huh?) wrote some of the scores at Shanghai Disney. Thought that was pretty neat.

Facebook Video:

• 1 month later...

I see an attraction show building!

Photo credit by Alen Ripley on 720yun.com Thanks!

Zootopia13.thumb.png.e1a7cf789877d92f8cb563fa8ac93e9a.png

Zootopia 'Land' has gone vertical, and then some! (o:

• 1 month later...

A new Virtual Reality experience, SoReal will open in Shanghai Disney's DisneyTown in 2021, taking over the Lakeshore building where the Boathouse Restaurant previously operated. 

SoReal Shanghai Disney DisneyTown Announcement

1089659471_ScreenShot2020-10-19at1_23_21PM.thumb.jpeg.ecbd035af672502f24747e4b0eaf3df7.jpeg

Today, management representatives from Shanghai Disney Resort and SoReal attended a special celebration ceremony. Joe Schott, President and General Manager of Shanghai Disney Resort, became the founder of Beijing Qitian International Cultural Technology Development Group Co., Ltd. , CEO Qi Xiao presented the golden key representing the lakeside architecture of Disney Town!

With the official handover of the building to SoReal, construction work is about to begin. This new SoReal super-body space experience is scheduled to open to tourists in 2021.

Since its grand opening in 2016, Disney Town’s unique shopping experience, delicious world cuisine, and wonderful live performances have continuously brought surprises to visitors. With SoReal settled on the lakeside of Disney Town, Disney Town will further bring visitors a rich entertainment experience , giving visitors the opportunity to experience the special fun of leading technology!

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.24.18 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.24.03 PM.jpeg

Makes me think I would add on another day there, just for DisneyTown and all it has to offer. Including this. Whatever it actually is, LOL. 🤩