TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Lots of progress being made! The last time I saw pictures I was worried about them being ready, crazy what can happen in a few weeks! Looking forward to seeing the completion.

Disney & More has posted a new article, this one showing a couple of photos from the new

Alice In Wonderland Maze that sits to one side of the castle.

And the interview in the article also suggested that there may be at least another Alice

attraction added in the next 4-5 years, in the same area as the maze!

Hmmm. That makes me wonder if this second attraction could also be related to the

possible Alice "attraction" that Tokyo Disneyland has/had in the works.

Time will tell. Here's a quote from Screamscape...

Park News - (3/31/16) According to the latest update at Disney & More, they site an interview posted to Collider that suggests that a new Alice in Wonderland themed attraction is being planned for Shanghai Disneyland, where it can be linked up with the Alice in Wonderland Maze attraction that is themed to the live action film version of the characters. From the sound of things, the new attraction may be themed around the town of Wit's End, which apparently plays a part in the Through the Looking Glass sequel hitting theaters later this year. The new Alice attraction is said to be part of a "second wave" of attractions coming to the Shanghai park over the next 4-5 years.

This also makes me think, that if I ever plan a trip back to China and Hong Kong again,

maybe 4-5 years' wait would be worth it for the "second wave" of attractions there.

AliceMaze01.jpg.ea8ae091b4925f0a61a202f5400e5d73.jpg

Entrance looks nice enough.

AliceMaze02.png.bfd10ef44a07c0128f7d23052f81eacf.png

Definitely the Tim Burton Queen of Hearts. Helena Bonham Carter will be thrilled.

shanghai_MAP-09.jpg.acbcf5ef0898957e8e10f2e77ae00916.jpg

The only place I can see for a possible second Alice attraction, is to the right

of the maze. Then again, part of the next attraction could be inside the castle, too.

^ Love it! The video is making me feel more and more excited about all the landscaping

and theming they're doing, besides the attractions, themself. So many spots I see that

are basically for waling around, but in interesting different shapes and pathways all over.

And at around 2:35 and 3:00 you just make out a few of the Dwarfs Mine Train coaster trains going through their paces.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the video.

^ Same thing happened to me on the first viewing, lol.

I "saw something moving" out of the corner of my eye.

Pause. Rewind. Find. Dwarfs Mine Coaster testing!

(But that *&^$-+ boat isn't moving at - all in the Crystal Grotto Cruise!)

I kind wish they went with the classic cartoon version of the Queen of Hearts instead of Tim Burton's. Nothing wrong with the newer Queen, but I really liked the crazed angry style of the cartoon Queen.

The more that gets done, the better this park is looking. And it's really making me want to make another trip to China . . .

^ I believe it's a literal clone of the one at Magic Kingdom, but I noticed that from overhead shots, etc.

the Dwarfs' Cottage has been moved, over to where the first cars come out of the loading station, and

into that first lift hill.

I think. I could be wrong. Still. It would be interesting to see (and ride) the reason why they moved it....

(EDIT to add: Maybe the queue starts right through the cottage! That would be cool. And just FYI - the animatronics in the

cottage at MK, are actually recycled from the dark ride itself! A bow to the original ride. So they would either have to

replicate the same AAs, or they just have other plans for this cottage. That also means...The Witch "might" be popping

up somewhere else, along the ride. )

shanghai_MAP-11.png.8c2be5836a584378004099ad31fcd77c.png

...Or (GASP) it's the Exit Gift Shop!!! Actually, the whole inside theming here might be the real star

of the attraction, besides the coaster route.

New aerial photos with Roaring River Rapids testing.

Capture%2Bd%25E2%2580%2599e%25CC%2581cran%2B2016-04-09%2Ba%25CC%2580%2B07.17.10.png

Is that a brake run I spy after the "drop."

Nah. Probably just elevates the raft post drop. If you just had the raft drop 40 feet at a pretty abrupt angle, it would be kinda uncomfortable.

From the "Not Checking Dept"....

An intereststing cross-over.. that should be the other way around?

The lowest blueMickey here? To the right of it? The Rapids' circuit.

Yes? No? Too much to ask that they draw it the correct way?

(I kid. I jest. I found it amusing.)

adventure-island.thumb.jpg.f8a882825c9161b7e976839dbf6e7146.jpg

Something is NOT going to work, here. :p From I believe, an "earlier draft" of a park map. Since corrected. (o;

Truly spectacular footage! Pretty impressed by the scale of the rapids ride. I love the fact they thought about seating (or is tiered standing?) for the castle show. Certainly would like that for World of Color. Interesting that the 2d wave of attractions are already being planned for the next 4-5 years. One thing that strikes me as an odd choice for the park is the inclusion of Star Wars Launch bay. Is this an testing phase to see if the park guest wants a full on Star Wars Land like in the states? If so, would it even be part of SDL or would it be the anchor for the rumored second park as part of the resort? Would SWL be built in the Hong Kong park as well, or will they try to keep both parks a bit more separate in the attractions?

Would SWL be built in the Hong Kong park as well, or will they try to keep both parks a bit more separate in the attractions?

I feel like with the Iron Man ride being their version of Star Tours, it's more likely that HKDL would be home to a Marvel Land before a Star Wars Land.

Truly spectacular footage! Pretty impressed by the scale of the rapids ride. I love the fact they thought about seating (or is tiered standing?) for the castle show. Certainly would like that for World of Color. Interesting that the 2d wave of attractions are already being planned for the next 4-5 years. One thing that strikes me as an odd choice for the park is the inclusion of Star Wars Launch bay. Is this an testing phase to see if the park guest wants a full on Star Wars Land like in the states? If so, would it even be part of SDL or would it be the anchor for the rumored second park as part of the resort? Would SWL be built in the Hong Kong park as well, or will they try to keep both parks a bit more separate in the attractions?

Seating is because Chinese families usually travel together for the child but the older generation usually just sit around at a shaded area or in a restaurant even though there are so many things they can do. I read about it somewhere that WDI designed that whole area for them.

^ I figured that this front area was for some kind of viewing. Just not sure whether it was for

free standing, chairs or..... stroller parking, LOL!

Glad I am wrong about that last one, heh.

TRIVIA EDIT: DL was the first to add anything to it's Hub, which was the Snow White Fountain

and the Future Home. And DL did try it again, sort of, by moving the Orbitron out front of TL.

Hit or miss with that. WDW's Magic Kingdom, was the second Disney park to add an attraction to part

of it's hub: The Swan Boats. Did not last long.

garden-of-imagination.jpg.75c6e3f390306da61dd1e82f3c10d7b6.jpg

Even with the seating/standing area in the front of the castle, the whole Hub (I am still calling it that) becomes

one of the most immersive/interactive Hubs in Disney Parks History. IMhO. (o:

triton_sculptureDL2006.jpg.d9fd12ef0f11e7a2e89c5b67e8d6724f.jpg

And I do still miss Triton in his fountain, as part of the DL Hub back then. Thanks Yesterdayland.com for the photo.