TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoasters and Philosophy

Reading through Barnes and Noble and Boarders the past few weeks, I discovered a section of books dedicated to different TV shows and the philosophy behind them.

Ex: Seen Here

Not only would this be a great book idea to have rollercoasters and philosophy, but why not start it here?

Personally, I see that us enthusiasts have usually had something since childhood that has gotten us attached to coasters. For me, I was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine and Hot Wheels. Making tracks down the stairs, into loops, etc. Some others I've talked to were big into skiing and snowboarding and loved that rush of falling and fast turns.

So what got you started? Was it in your early childhood? Teen years? And how?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Scott Rutherford's "The American Roller Coaster" was released in (I believe) early 2000, as it ends with articles and CGI of Millennium Force and Lightning Racer. A very good history book, I thought, though a) it obviously doesn't cover the last decade of innovation and b) I'm not sure if it's still in print.

// Used it to write a 9-page essay on coaster history last week