38 members have voted

1. 1. Which photo is your favorite?

• Photo 1
    • Photo 2
    • Photo 3
    • Photo 4
    • Photo 5
    • Photo 6

I have to choose a "final photo" for my Digital Photography class. The criteria are as follows.

(Please vote for the BEST ONE, not just the "amusement park one")

Balance / unbalance

Framing

Light

Color

Communication

Aesthetic power.

He weights heavily on the aesthetic power and communication categories. Also, if you have any suggestions in terms of how I can crop a photo to make the frame better etc, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

tintiied5q.jpg.da55ca6867097ab980fd0511aea29cca.jpg

Photo 6

tintiied7q.jpg.601592597a8386e189d2cbfe1acc9af5.jpg

Photo 5

IMG_7947q.jpg.72920f4edd9e4918be01b92de3db43bb.jpg

Photo 4

IMG_7947q2.jpg.e9890a7ade26e96cf1f4bf506fd65216.jpg

Photo 3

1904925535_iPhone171q.jpg.cd958d9010d5c34efda78812cd839200.jpg

Photo 2

tintiied-1q.jpg.dfa67def20a31d03f94c8f1aa111fbbd.jpg

Photo 1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo one...It was meh..Anyone with photoshop could do that. All the rest are better though. I'd say 5 though.

The class is more about capturing the shot, framing it correctly, etc. The only post processing I did was to remove certain colors from some of the shots, everything else is untouched.

Photo one...It was meh..Anyone with photoshop could do that. All the rest are better though. I'd say 5 though.

The class is more about capturing the shot, framing it correctly, etc. The only post processing I did was to remove certain colors from some of the shots, everything else is untouched.

Oh, for a minute I thought you just blurred it. Then I took a second look and saw it was the exposure

I would like #5, but it isn't as good of quality as the others, IMO. It looks kind of grainy...hard on the eye.

I love picture #2. In fact could you send me a larger, HQ version of it through PM? lol

I voted for number two, it is easily the best in all catagorys you listed behind maybe photo one's communication factor.

Balance - Definately balanced extremely well, color ranges are solid!

Framing - The horizon is straight and there is a good even spread between sky and water (This is part of the balance as well)

Light - It has enough light to show off the natural beauty but not too much as to take away from the beauty of the natural light

Color - Its pretty, I can just add that here in compliment to the balance comment.

Communication - Communicates the point that nature is hard to capture and there are so many wonders that are waiting to be shown to the world through good photography.

Aesthetic power - Same as communication and I will add that if this wsa blown up and put into a room it would immediately be helpful in relaxation because of the light colors and the calming tranquility!

My order after that would go 1, 6, 3, 5, 4.

These are all great photos btw good luck with your grades!

EDIT: What kind of camera is this btw? I assume its a DSLR or a high end film camera?

• 3 weeks later...