TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

I was incredibly excited the moment I read about this! It looks to be smooth and it runs extremely well. The pacing is great. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product of the station as the renderings made it out to be very detailed. I also can't wait to see the inside pre-lift! Now, all we have to wait for is riding it!

• 2 weeks later...

That looks awsome. I love the chains, especially if they are going to feel like a head chopper. You won't know until you ride. I can't wait until I see all of the theming for myself! Only 43 days to go and I will ride with Rollergirl. Oops... I mean Rollerboy. (Only joking)

I was excited with the original annoucement, but feel really let down at the finished product. It seems like they really didn't worry about theming the ride itself. Hopefully the que area will be heavily themed, but I only saw two or three theme items throughout the ride.

If they would have put this indoors, they could have done amazing things with it. Just looks like kind of a let down.

Not to sound like the TP fanboy rushing to my parks defense but I fail to see how you've based any of what you've just posted on reality. This is better themed than any new attraction since '99. You haven't seen the indoor section of the ride yet, so you can't pass judgement on the experience, and the exterior is a lot better themed than most other rides in the park. Added to that there's still over a month until the ride opens so things can still change.

At the end of the day, the ride is sponsored by twisted pictures who can't afford to screw up their franchise with a shoddy piece of work, so they won't let this ride be a let down. Personally i don't think it's the best ride for the park, but I understand that they're going to do the best they can with it.

Dave "If you're going to be negative, at leat wait until the ride is open (even then, it'd be nice if you'd ridden it...)" Wilson

I don't completely get the "lack of theming" stuff. The outdoor sections on this have more theming than the outdoor parts of Mystery Mine, which few people bash for that purpose. And yes, I know MM has a more extensive indoor part that Saw appears to, but I think they are doing quite a good job with the atmosphere here. Just my $0.02.

Wow you people are something else, nothing is ever good enough

Atleast this coaster makes sense far as the type of coaster and the theme, it has a dark ride section, themed very nicely and has a very fun thrilling looking layout. You haven't even rode the damn thing yet and your let down wow good this is a pg-13 site cause I'd would describe how many different ways some of you should be put to death

Look at SFMM Terminator, a wooody themed to terminator wtf and slap down on a concret pad and you guys are let down by Saw, I know Terminator isn't complete nor has any theme or lanscape been added but I know for sure if any theme or landscape is added it won't be as extensive as this Saw ride.

I would be extremly onverjoyed if one of my local parks SFMM KBF got anything close to this, yet will get the coaster no theme or barely slapped in a parking lot.

Yeah see, that's what I hate. Everything is so soaked up with fanboys these days. If park A gets the greatest coaster in the world, and Park A isn't as good as Cedar Point, the coaster is only mediocre. If Park B (A more popular park) gets a decent coaster, nothing spectacular, it's automatically AMAZING and the best ride in the world. For example, Blue Fire at Europa/Maverick at CP. Blue Fire looks amazing, and I think it looks better than Maverick (I've been on Maverick, so I can share my opinion). Now other people will say factor 1 & 2 make one coaster better than the other. Yes, it's all about opinion, but still, I still think that everything is messed up with opinions. Why? Because fanboys are so devoted to their parks/so obsessed, that they have the impression that their homepark is the best, and everything in it is the best. For example, Terminator. I agree with what DonkeyBreath, Terminator is basically a coaster slapped on a big pad of concrete, nothing special. But despite that fact, it'll be fun. Now how does that compare to Prowler? Also a GCI coaster being built this year? I'm fairly certain WOF fanboys will stay on Prowler's side, and SFMM, Terminator's.

Now back on topic, I agree again with Donkey, this coaster looks amazing! The theming alone is sensational, and the detail that is going into this ride is insane. Now I could be the generic fanboy & say "Oh em gee, Spongebob's Rock Bottom Plunge is so much better!" but I'd be wrong.... big time. The layout for this looks awesome, the theming, the trains, and a whole lot more. Everything looks great about it, and I hope I can find a way to get out there to ride it sometime in the near future.

I have to say, this has exceeded my expectations. I didn't think THORPE PARK being THORPE PARK could pull off any kind of theming but they have proved me wrong. If you look in the fourth picture, you can see one of those industrial pistons attached to the blades. Maybe this will be a moving part of the theming! Who knows?

^Actually the current record holder will maintain its status, even after both of those rides are built.

Saw is 100* and HRRR is less than 90, it just has a vertical lift.

EDIT: Ok, so the current record holder won't retain its claim. Steel Hawg will be replaced by its "basically a clone" sister ride Mumbo Jumbo thanks to one degree.

I'm pretty sure Mumjo Jumbo and Steel Hawg each have a magnetic brake down the first drop. If that is not taken into consideration, then Screamin Squirrels should hold the world record for the steepest first drop with a brake, followed by the portable Cool and Fresh coasters.

Saw: The Ride will have the steepest drop without a brake.