TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

^I'm pretty sure all of the reports have now cited SFKK for not taking care of the ride as mandated by Intamin!

You can take care of an S&S ride all you want and it will still hurl chunks of metal at you!

See, this is why I don't get the Intamin hate!!!

The Intamin ride comes back down nice and safely, the S&S ride hurls a four foot piece of metal and people want to build more of their cheap a$$ rides!!!???

What about that one Intamin ride that chopped a girl's feet off??

The ride itself was built by Intamin, however the steel cable used was not manufactured by Intamin. So therefor the Ride itself didn't chop the feet off, the cable did.

A little bit off-topic, but what is the deal with a roll back?

If you get a roll back is that it? Your ride is over? Or do they let you ride again without queueing up?

How many people have actually experienced one and is it a bit scary?

I've had one on TTD, and yes they let you ride again (if you want to).

The brakes slowed us down way before we got back to the start of the launch point, a crew member came out and asked if anybody wanted to get off, once everyone said they wanted to stay on they launched us right from there. No getting off and waiting for empty trains.

PS - It was awesome. In the front seat we were able to start looking down the downward side of the top hat and into the spiral before we started slowing. Next thing we knew we were looking at the sky again and falling backwards.

No wonder they boosted Stealth Up to 80mph Because it was roll backing so many times but i think they should make the tower higher and make the speed at least 85mph because it may solve their problems.

What was up with Rush!!

I mean i have been to thorpe park so many times and most of those Times Rush has been Broken Down, to be honest with you i think they should take down Rush and replace it with Rameses Revenge so the Fabbri Top Spin can go where Rameses Revenge was

The Intamin ride comes back down nice and safely, the S&S ride hurls a four foot piece of metal and people want to build more of their cheap a$$ rides!!!???

Intamin rides come down nice and safely...yes...just with some people missing evey so often.

Intamin rides come down nice and safely...yes...just with some people missing evey so often.

^ What they said...

Intamin does build far better quality rides. Well minus they usually need to be re supported after build, and I know MF sometimes coughs up a nut or 2. Don't ask I will not tell.

S&S

*Cough "Collapsing tower" *Cough "Vertigo... Cough...

Conclusion. I would rather see nuts falling from a coaster at times far and between then large parts being tossed off or collapsing.

Hey at least the ride op's hit e-stop. Had this been a Six Flags park... Oh boy.

No wonder they boosted Stealth Up to 80mph Because it was roll backing so many times but i think they should make the tower higher and make the speed at least 85mph because it may solve their problems.

When they supposedly "boosted" Stealth last year they did not actually increase the top speed. The original top speed was 80mph, its top speed now is 80mph. All they did was "tweak the nitrogen boosters" so that it accelerated more quickly. Before it did 0-80 in 2.3 seconds. Now it supposedly does 0-80 in less than 2 seconds. (I think I read 1.8 seconds somewhere)

Wow I thought parts of S&S rides were, well, attached to each other properly, imagine if the that happened on a space shot or something. Anyway hope they have sorted everything out by my visit in Summer as I use my head a lot and don't want it to me snapped off when its hip by a 4ft metal pole at 60mph!

Hello all first post here

Anyway, back to the topic. When I was with my school on a Business Studies Trip (which we got a talk on how the new coaster is based on a saw mill/texas chainsaw massacre theme) in March, Rush was in pieces, im wondering if they are having trouble with it, could be nothing. They may be overlooking all the rides for the new one which is to come, and they have also only just changed management from Tussauds to Merlin.

Stealth could get stuck anyway.

• 1 month later...

Too many dive loops and immelmans!!

This coaster looks really neat. It's actually spread out unlike all of the other Gerstlaurer Eurofighters. Also, that cutback at the end of the ride reminds me of a certain Arrow coaster. You all know what I'm talking about.

-Gaven